Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how they're showing off Milotic, I really hope this means Feebas will be a lot simpler to catch this time around.

Also loving the contest outfits. When I first saw the new character designs I wasn't big on them, but I've warmed up to them by now.

So from those pictures that show some dex numbers, we can gather (and assuming that it follows the original dex and it just inserts the mons in):

• There are at least 9 pokemon added in the dex: 5 before Milotic, 2 between Milotic and Pikachu, and 2 between Pikachu and Salamence
  • The two between Milotic and Pikachu are most likely Dusknoir and Chingling.
  • The two between Pikachu and Salamence are most likely Rhyperior and Froslass
  • Interestingly enough, the five before Milotic could possibly not include Buneary and Lopunny (Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew, Roserade could fit)
  • This possibly means that either two of the above (not counting Dusknoir and Chingling, because we know Dusknoir is in because Phoebe uses it, and Chimecho and Dusclops are in the same dex range) are not in during the main game, or Buneary and Lopunny aren't appearing until post game
  • It's possible some might appear after Salamence, but the only things after Salamence was Metagross' line and the legendaries, so that is unlikely

I'm leaning towards Buneary and Lopunny not appearing until post game. Just because Megapunny was shown off doesn't mean it will appear during the main game. Most megas didn't appear until post game in X/Y, although the mons themselves, besides Blaziken and Mewtwo, appeared during the main game.

Edited by Konnor97

Yeah, I have to agree with Red Fox. Plus, Mega Lopunny is the only big thing so far that makes me want to play through the game. There would just be no point if I can't play through it without a Lopunny in my team. :( I hope Buneary can be caught before beating the main story.

Edited by Anacybele

>Trainer hordes

oh god kill la kill me now

I like the 'Dex thing though, makes me hyped for the potential to get some Gen V mons

Brendon's costume looks better than its old cross eyed self. Still like the older art better. May was moefied for whatever reason, throwibg out her old badass style.

I always thought those things were ugly as sin. The hair too. I was never a bandana person to begin with though.

I feel like they do a pretty good job of evoking a person who is going to be spending most of their time walking through forests on on mountains and whatnot, although I'm fairly indifferent when it comes to May's designs. On Brendan's, while I definitely don't like his new one aesthetically, it does look less like he's going to die of heatstroke if May's getting by wearing what she is.

The biggest issue I have with the new character designs, though, is how skinny they are. It's not like May wasn't skinny to begin with.

tumblr_inline_n6tbic0Y1V1sy4zww.png

I don't see any difference except in the legs. And personally, I never liked the fat legs. They looked awkward and out of place. I'm glad recent designs have given characters skinnier legs that match the rest of their bodies more.

As for the overall skinny-ness, I've learned to get used to it, so I'm not bothered by it. :P

Edited by Anacybele

b-b-but moe!!!!

nah man

I always found May with that bandana cute. Now that charm is gone. :< Her redesign is definitely cute, but not that bandana cute.

Edited by ZM©