Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

nah man

I always found May with that bandana cute. Now that charm is gone. :< Her redesign is definitely cute, but not that bandana cute.

um yeah that's what i said in my other posts. She was already cute enough, and it's a bit excessive now. Almost seems anorexic too.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think females are supposed to look badass either.

Excuse me?

Uh, I clearly meant females in terms of Pokemon player characters, not females in general. :/

These games are aimed towards children.

There is no fucking excuse for that kind of statement. This isnt the 1950s and i would appreciate it if you would stop with your assbackwards sexist nonsense.

That is a really racist thing to say. There was NOTHING wrong with GameFreak enabling the player to make their trainer black.

Excuse me?

There is no fucking excuse for that kind of statement. This isnt the 1950s and i would appreciate it if you would stop with your assbackwards sexist nonsense.

Excuse ME? I would appreciate it if you stopped spitting unnecessary insults at me. I am NOT sexist.

I don't think the female Pokemon player characters are supposed to be going for the badass factor. What is the problem with this? I'm not saying females in general can't EVER be badass. There are females I find badass. Elincia and Sully in FE, Black Widow in the Avengers, etc.

I'm not saying females need to wear short revealing skirts either. In fact, I never liked the idea. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Edited by Anacybele

That is a really racist thing to say. There was NOTHING wrong with GameFreak enabling the player to make their trainer black.

Excuse ME? I would appreciate it if you stopped spitting unnecessary insults at me. I am NOT sexist.

I don't think the female Pokemon player characters are supposed to be going for the badass factor. What is the problem with this? I'm not saying females in general can't EVER be badass. There are females I find badass. Elincia and Sully in FE, Black Widow in the Avengers, etc.

I'm not saying females need to wear short revealing skirts either. In fact, I never liked the idea. Stop putting words in my mouth.

i'm pretty sure he meant that it should have happened earlier

Surely as proxies of the player, it would make sense that the female player characters can be whatever they want to be.

i'm pretty sure he meant that it should have happened earlier

...Oh! Oh, then I apologize, that was a huge mistake. >_<

And well, it's a good thing X/Y introduced character customizations. Hopefully ORAS will have that feature.

Jotaro wasn't being racist at all. She meant that GF finally enabled an option in which the player could be black after so many years (which was most appreciated, as black players like myself enjoy that).

But you already know that, haha.

um yeah that's what i said in my other posts. She was already cute enough, and it's a bit excessive now. Almost seems anorexic too.

Darn shame, really. Edited by ZM©

Just bring back the outfit booth and none of this cute vs badass will ever be a problem. As long as the options are all there, of course.

So, I was going to respond to the post that sparked all this, but I realized in time that you didn't mean it generally, so I let it go. However, due to the way it was worded, I can't say I'm surprised at the responses you got, so I'm going to attempt to help you out here and say what I think you meant, but in less offensive terms. Of course, if I'm wrong, do say so.

What I think you meant was something along the lines of: Nintendo is going for a cute look over a badass look for May because that is what they expect to appeal to the [young] female players who will want to get the game, not that this is necessarily the way things should be. Am I correct/on the right track?

You are pretty sexist. Sexism runs very deep. There is a reason why many boys have problems confronting their own sexism because of how deep seated it is and how society works. Just because you find a couple of girls badass, doesnt mean you arent sexist. If you werent sexist, you would never post something like "Females arent supposed to be badass" in any context. Pokemon Trainer girls are surely badass for training pokemon, why the fuck should they not LOOK the part if the designers of the character(s) choose? Especially if they train fighter types or fire types. Even more so if they are the Avatar of the player, because the player chooses the type. Why the fuck shouldnt the female have a "badass" option? By saying the bolded you are setting the rest of us females back several decades.

Is it any wonder why im furious with that statement? Get a clue.

What I think you meant was something along the lines of: Nintendo is going for a cute look over a badass look for May because that is what they expect to appeal to the [young] female players who will want to get the game, not that this is necessarily the way things should be. Am I correct/on the right track?

Yes, I think that's what young girls typically like and as I said, the games are aimed mainly towards children. I think GameFreak finally decided to implement character customizations so they can have designs that appeal to their older fans as well. There are all sorts of clothing and hair options available.

See, I work in a department store's clothing section. Nearly ALL of the girl clothes we get are cutesy girly stuff. The only exception is the active wear which they probably buy for gym class in school. Even the girl clothes with SUPER HERO stuff on them are girly as heck. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Primal Rayquaza and Primal Regis, please.

I can imagine the Primal Regis being liquidy substances that move very fast before they solidify, which would greatly increase their speed stats. Like, Primal Regirock would be Rock/Fire because molten rock, Primal Registeel would be Steel/Fire because molten steel, and Primal Regice would be Ice/Water because of the triple point where the three states of matter are present at the same time.

...I don't know. Wistful thinking.

Edited by ZM©

What the actual fuck is Mega Slowbro.

Mega Audino looks fine and dandy (despite only having a Doubles only ability), but what the actual fuck is Mega Slowbro. ...But yet, I like it. ...wait, no...I'm lying to myself. Mega Slowbro isn't something I like. ;/

Edited by ZM©

What the actual fuck is Mega Slowbro.

Whatever it is, according to Serebii it gets Shell Armour upon Mega Evolving (it loses the amazing ability Regenerator), so I really need to see what boosts it gets in order to guess what tier it's going to be in

Because it gets Shell Armour though, Slowpoke/Slowbro might--and I know it's a huge stretch--get Shell Smash. So it could potentially be some sort of bulky late-game sweeper. But, like I said, that's probably not going to happen

Whatever it is, according to Serebii it gets Shell Armour upon Mega Evolving (it loses the amazing ability Regenerator), so I really need to see what boosts it gets in order to guess what tier it's going to be in

Because it gets Shell Armour though, Slowpoke/Slowbro might--and I know it's a huge stretch--get Shell Smash. So it could potentially be some sort of bulky late-game sweeper. But, like I said, that's probably not going to happen

It better get Shell Smash, my friend. It'd make a ton of sense.

I think I'd use Mega Audino in Doubles. But first, I need to see its stat distribution.