Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega Audino and Mega Slowbro accidently leaked by official Korean Site.

megas.jpg

Mega Slowbro has Shell Armor and Mega Audino has Healer and is Normal/Fairy.

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

I was hoping it not to be true, but it is.

But now we know Unova Pokemon are available for megas, like they were given the shaft in x/y

Poor poor Slowking if he doesn't get a mega.

Anyway i'm glad that the majority of the pokemon that get mega evolutions are actually pokemon that could use the boost. There's still Salamance and Metagross, but pokemon like Altaria, Audino and Lopunny are perfect for a mega evolution.

I was a little annoyed that XY gave the majority of their mega slots to Pokemon that where already very good and did't need to be boosted further. I thought the idea was to give weaker Pokemon or Pokemon that had't aged well another chance and instead the best Pokemon usually ended up hogging the spotlight. There where still Pokemon like Absol and Mawhile, but still not enough to my liking.

What the fuck did they do to Slowbro? Its eyes are soulless, the Shellder pretty much ate the rest of Slowbro and became armor, Slowbro somehow uses its tail as a spring, a la Spoink, and its awesome Regenerator ability is now Shell Armor, which kinda sucks to be honest. It had better get Shell Smash and some really good stat distribution. I'm thinking it will get +10 Attack, +35 Defense, +35 Special Attack, and +20 Special Defense. That gives it (I think) good 95/145/100 bulk, and 145 Special Attack is pretty good, especially with Shell Smash (please get Shell Smash), and 85 Attack isn't the greatest, but with Shell Smash it becomes decent enough to possibly take a look at Slowbro's physical movepool, with stuff like EQ, Drain Punch, Foul Play (?), Brick Break, and Avalanche (?).

Audino actually looks pretty nifty. Its design is creepy though. Clearly going for a bulky, cleric role is pretty nice. Its main boosts are the defensive stats, so I'm guessing +34 Defense, +22 Special Attack, +34 Special Defense, and +10 Speed. 103/120/120 bulk is pretty good bulk, and the rest is because points gotta go somewhere, and some into Special Attack seems obvious.

I don't get how GF is a good ability for a Mega Pokemon (especially after crit were nerfed and on a pokemon that already had an incredible ability)

I wonder if we'll get a Mega Hydreigon since Gen V megas are now a possibility.

It better get Shell Smash, my friend. It'd make a ton of sense.

I think I'd use Mega Audino in Doubles. But first, I need to see its stat distribution.

honestly, you're better off with trick room since slowbro's speed isn't something to write home about

That Mega Audino is super adorable. :D

But what the flying fuck that Mega Slowbro. Imo, it's more ridiculous than Lickilicky and that's saying something.

Edited by Anacybele

Eh, I have trouble hating any Pokemon for some reason. I don't know why, but I can always find something I like about them.

Of course, you're free to dislike Lickilicky. Opinions don't bother me (except for Shulk shouldn't be in Smash or FE/KI is overrepped), but I won't get into that.

Wow. Slowbro looks like complete shit. There's no real middle ground regarding those mega evolutions, huh? Either they are terrible or are fantastic.

Oh, of course. And people that like it are free to like it. I was just expressing my opinion is all. I may be a little blunt about it sometimes, but that's me. xP

If it helps, just think of it as the Shellder mega evolving to protect its host.

Yeah, I guess it does make some sense when you put it that way.

What I don't get is how Mega Slowbro stands up at all. It looks VERY difficult to balance on just the tip of its tail. :/