Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

I expect to see a lot of these Mega Audinos on competitive doubles teams, Mega Slowbro on the other hand, unless his defense boost is significant, I doubt he'll be run over normal Slowbro. Losing Regenerator is a big dip in his usefulness.

Also I personally think Mega Slowbro is a little frightening to think about, getting almost engulfed by Shellder and all

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is how Mega Slowbro stands up at all. It looks VERY difficult to balance on just the tip of its tail. :/

Well, the tail has been hardened probably during the time it was being eaten by Shellder, so it's tough and stuff. Plus, you know, psychic type. I would love to see it spin or something during one of its animations.

Mega Slowbro is amazingly hilarious; the look on the Slowpoke's face is priceless. Don't get the aesthetic complaints at all. But yeah Regenerator is way better.

I wondered if Mega Slowbro might get more defense since its using Shell Armor (I think its might be probably that Shellder is covering his body with using the Mega Evolution). But, I wondered how Mega Slowbro able to keep lifting his body or move with his tail since he doesn't look like it have his legs showing outside of his shell?

Also, its nice to see Generation V Pokemon gets a Mega Evolution.

Edited by King Marth 64

Cloyster should totally get a MEGA EVOLUTION with this. Mega Slowbro looks like lolwut, but ok. Mega Audino looks pretty adorable but the fuck with descriptions? It says on serebii that:

Whoever comes into contact with its hand falls into a deep slumber.

And healer as ability? Why not Sleep upon contact or something like Effect Spore/Poison Point/Touch, etc.?

Cloyster should totally get a MEGA EVOLUTION with this. Mega Slowbro looks like lolwut, but ok. Mega Audino looks pretty adorable but the fuck with descriptions? It says on serebii that:

And healer as ability? Why not Sleep upon contact or something like Effect Spore/Poison Point/Touch, etc.?

Don't ask why.The developers just love to screw with us.But,how would Effect Spore work on Audino?It's basically sleep powder,and we've seen it mostly with bug/grass types,things that can naturally have powder.Unless it washes its hands in sleep powder,I don't wanna know how it gets the powder naturally.

Edited by Shinehollow

Don't ask why.The developers just love to screw with us.But,how would Effect Spore work on Audino?It's basically sleep powder,and we've seen it mostly with bug/grass types,things that can naturally have powder.Unless it washes its hands in sleep powder,I don't wanna know how it gets the powder naturally.

No no, I meant Mega Audino having a similar ability (new) to those, it would be pretty neat.

This game is something I have hoped for, dreamed for, yearned for, and it is a short time away. Hopefully this confirms Shiny Diamond and Glistening Pearl right guys? But seriously funny Mega Evolutions are happening.

Up to pg14

Can't believe that I missed this thread. I'm sowwy. x.x

Sorry, but it was the worst gen for me. I don't like almost any of the Pokemon, I don't like the Hoenn region, I don't like the trainer character designs, I don't even like the gen 3 anime as much as much as the others.

You're not changing my mind. I said I'm not getting either of these games.

One in a million since this is one of the highest selling video game franchises, period.

Holy jumping jigglypuff!!!

Mega rayquaza anyone? Plus, does this mean the other gen 3 starters get megas, to balance with blaziken?

But please can we have indoor battles in an actual room this time, instead of the grid dimension...

Mega Rayquasa should be metallic. :3

I'm guessing one of the following three things:
1. Meaningless trailer jargon.
2. "New" 3D-enhanced Hoenn.
3. Some extra area like FR/LG's Sevii islands.

Well, they can't port over all of the Emerald stuff. A lot of the plot-related details are very specific to the version, such as fighting either Magma or Aqua in R/S vs fighting both in Emerald. I also can't imagine Emerald's showdown in Sootopolis happening in the R/S plot continuity (which is a shame, because it was pretty awesome and impressive on GBA) without some big changes.

Although I also do hope they keep the numerous amounts of optional double battles, wherein two trainers are facing each other and you can go in visual range of both to fight them together or talk to one to fight them separately. Emerald has a lot of those but they were mostly removed in subsequent games.

I can't think of any other Emerald specifics that are really worth worrying about. I suppose being able to catch both Groudon and Kyogre would be cool, but it obviously wouldn't be done the same. It would also make sense if they left open the access to the Johto starters (via filling the Hoenn dex) since we haven't had normal in-game access to them since gen IV. Move tutors are a given as long as the Battle Frontier stays. I imagine they'd be smart enough to keep all contests in one building instead of four. Choosing between Latios and Latias is obviously out. Oh, and one Emerald update I hope they absolutely do not keep is Wallace as the champion. Steven is so much cooler than him and Juan should not even exist. The only champion worse than Wallace is Lance. Other stuff like Trainer Hill and Battle Tents I didn't pay much attention to, anyway, but it would be cool if they stuck around.

Wallace threw us off.
Bring in Steven back, plz.

^ This is the possibility I'm leaning toward myself.

MegaEvos, so far as we've seen, have been characterized by radical new takes on old Pokemon designs. Alphogre and Omegadon appear to only be different in terms of their marking and colorations-- they're reskins, if you will.

As to whether they need a nerf or buff or whatever, well... First of all, Gamefreak doesn't really care about the metagame of banned Pokemon, for one. Secondly, Kyogre and Groudon got a lot weaker in Gen 6 thanks to weather nerf, as well as introduction of other strong players like Megatwo and Xerneas/Yveltal. It's not out of the question that they should receive some kind of slight buff, assuming they DO care about Ubers metagame.

Actually, they do.
Why else would some OU's/Ubers be banned from frontiers?

BUT INSOMNIA IS GOOD.

Make Mewtwo attack in his non-mega forme, use Rest, mega evolve, and you'll wake up! All healthy!

Outstages Recover this way. Plus, status removal...too. :D

I don't know how to feel about the trainer art yet

Part of me prefers the Emerald designs all around but another part of me is like HOENN = WATER and I feel like it's more practical in a way

edit: Steven is hot damn

:3

just a little disappointed it got such a shitty ability

That is useful only in double/triple battles as well as being immune to Electric.

That's true. Switching it in on an Electric attack after it Mega evolved prior is feasible, since Electric types are pretty common.

Also for doubles, it'd be a really good partner with a Water type, then. Huh. Lightning Rod is better than I expected for Mega Sceptile.

^
Folks aren't going to remember a grass type having Lightning Rod either. Especially, the newbs. Plus Seaking having it was good as it can never be harmed by Electric moves and only is vurnerable to Grass. Also, immunity to para h4x. :D How can some folks say that this ability is shitty?

Oh crap.

I just noticed.

That even though Mega Sceptile is Dragon-type.

Sceptile isn't, so it can't learn Draco Meteor...

Noooooooooooo.

Leaf Storm is a terrible alternative.

But I don't wanna Swampert, 'cause I really don't love its look. I don't hate it. But I don't like it like I do Sceptile's...

Mega Blaziken would be great... were it not for the fact that we already have it.

IT CAN'T EVEN LEARN DRAGON PULSE BECAUSE THAT'S A BW2 TUTOR!

DRAGON BREATH?! SRSLY?!

And I dare assume that Mega Sceptile is going to be special-oriented.

With a terrible special movepool. *sigh*

Gamefreak really needs to put in some of those move tutors.

*looks at those scans out of curiosity*

...Mega Sceptile and Mega Diancie. I'm liking that shit right there. :o

...They actually made May look cute. Wow. They still stayed with Brendan's stupid hat, but I never play male trainers, so that's not a problem for me.

Just make more non-Hoenn Pokemon available and the water routes less of a hassle to travel and I won't mind buying one of these.

GtNMWz.png
^_^
Diancie looks so adorable.
Too bad that it is only available in Japan right now.

Edited by Bimbo

wrt Mega Sceptile- the only people who're going to forget it has Lightning Rod are newbs, and you don't need fancy Lightning Rod strategies to beat them... Additionally, most people play Singles, not Doubles/Triples. I mean the best thing that it has going for it in Singles is that when your opponent knows you have Mega Sceptile in your team; they'll be more hesitant to use Electric moves on other pokemon in anticipation of a switch-in, but that's it.

I do kinda agree that outside of doubles, Lightning Rod really blows on Sceptile.

Meanwhile, Charizard gets 2 mega-evos and the Mega-Char X is omnipresent.

I'm sad for Sceptile.

While I'm going to pick it... it's going to suck competitively. A lot.

For something that raises Sp.Attk and being immune to all electric moves and para h4x is something that no one will ever pass up. Since Par is very common in metagames and they won't do it, that is lol if they don't want to power up Sceptile. XD

How rude must you be to practically insult me?

Tabitha was never a fat ugly dude. He was thin and fairly attractive. I simply see NO reason for his design to change so drastically. And his original design suited him, as did his voice. They took a good design and turned it into rubbish.

Ea29Sy.png
hMcAQC.png
Gamefreak...Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyy? x.x

Err... No, it is definitely a shallow thing to say. I agree it's completely human nature, but Ana's original statement was shallow, as was your own post trying to justify your dislike for him being 'fat and ugly'. With that said, I also fall under the same category and dislike some character designs for being unattractive, regardless of how nice they are (ie. Gonzales, anything else like Quasimodo). It is definitely shallow, but should you feel bad for it? Well... that's relative to the person, in my personal opinion, you shouldn't. It's not like you'd go up to them in real life and shout 'Hey! You're ugly!'

With that said, not buying a game is a little on the extreme side, but hey, I'm not going to dictate how other people should make decisions.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have similar feelings about Swampert's Mega Evolution! I dislike its design, but I'll still be using him!

slmIdF.jpg
Well...they have worsened him since I really liked his design in R/S/E. -.-

I hate new Shelley. She looks awful.

Why the character designs changed dramatically...?

The fat guy in the coco scan.

rm9m8m.png
HE'S NOT FAT.
Gamefreak ruined him. -.-

Here's the trailer for those who haven't seen it.

Route 104 (outside of Rustboro City), Mr. Briney's ship, Fortree City, Route 110 and the Cycling Road, and two gyms (?) are shown.

Roxanne <3

It would have been war if Roxanne, Winona, Tate/Liza and Steven's designs were changed awfully like Tabitha.

Roxanne's new design looks great

Looks about the same, but with different clothes.

From the info sheet found on the e3 Press resources website:

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Launching November 21, 2014

Primal Reversion Transforms Popular Legendary Pokémon

into Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre

BELLEVUE, WA—June 10, 2014—The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games will launch in North America on Friday, November 21, 2014, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade Pokémon as they travel throughout the rich natural beauty of the Hoenn region.

Also confirmed today is that the Pokémon featured on the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game packages are in fact Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, a newly revealed transformation of the Legendary Pokémon Groudon and Kyogre. These two extremely powerful Pokémon clashed in an epic battle that once sent Groudon into a long slumber within the magma beneath the planet’s crust and drove Kyogre into a deep sleep at the bottom of the ocean floor. The awesome transformation is a result of Primal Reversion, when Groudon and Kyogre reclaim their original power from nature’s energy and obtain even greater power than they already have. The power within Primal Reversion is still being discovered, as well as what connection may lie between Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution.

More details about Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre:

· Primal Groudon is brimming with energy, which pours from its body as magma. The magma burns at such an extreme temperature that its body is always shimmering ruby red from the haze of its heat, giving off light in the darkness. Through Primal Reversion, Primal Groudon becomes much larger and adds Fire type to its Ground type, raising the power of Fire-type moves it can learn. Primal Reversion greatly boosts Primal Groudon’s Attack. Its Ability may get a boost during this epic transformation, too.

· Primal Kyogre, a Water-type Pokémon, is awash with energy that spills from its body as seawater. Its blue skin shines like a sapphire and is half-translucent like the sea. Primal Reversion greatly boosts Primal Kyogre’s Special Attack. Its Ability also seems to get a boost, although this information cannot yet be confirmed. Primal Kyogre is massive, growing to be more than twice Kyogre’s size.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will explore the mystery of Mega Evolution even further, a powerful Evolution that only occurs to some Pokémon during battle. For Mega Evolution to take place, Trainers need a Key Stone to resonate with a Mega Stone held by a Pokémon during battle. Twenty-eight Mega Stones have been identified since they were introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, but it is said there are still more Mega Stones to be discovered in the Hoenn region.

Eternal rain/sun may be back

Let the nerfing of Steel be gone too while that were at it.

TownIllustrationA4_350_05_Dcombined_zpsa

So cute.

*Saved*

Give Mega Sableye Wonder Guard! Well, the existence of Fairy type basically takes the fun out of that idea. Still would be kind of ridiculously broken, though.

...Or Forsight+Fight move.
This was the only way that you could hit Sableye super effectively before Gen VI existed.

Sending my Salamence from Ruby, to emerald, to diamond, to platinum, to soulsilver, to black, to white 2, to Y, to OmegaRuby to Alpha Sapphire.

FULL CIRCLE

I just keep the older games now for transfering moves.

I'm pissed too.

By the time I get my hands on it, people will be already doing post-game stuff and fuck.

Is why that they have worldwide releases usually.

MEGA METAGROSS CONFIRMED: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-10/metagross-mega-evolution-debuts-in-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-3ds-games/.76523

As is Steven returning as champion, and he will use Mega Metagross. I was right about him not actually having that Mega Charizard X as his ace.

Confirmed that Stevie will be champ again. YAY! ^~^

I don't even have a Diancie lol.

Has it had an event?

Only in Japan.

Well, this gives me more hope for Mega Rapidash since Mega Lopunny proves that gen 3 Pokemon aren't the only ones getting Megas in these games!

MEGA RAPIDASH GAMEFREAK DO EEET!! Make it Fire/Fairy and become a beautiful fairy-like unicorn with flaming sparkly wings, mane, and tail. :D Something like Princess Celestia from My Little Pony!

I would like that so much. :D

Yeah, I have to agree with Red Fox. Plus, Mega Lopunny is the only big thing so far that makes me want to play through the game. There would just be no point if I can't play through it without a Lopunny in my team. :( I hope Buneary can be caught before beating the main story.

If not...you can then just transfer it to your other version. Provided if you get both of them that is...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lisia

Best new character revealed so far (she's really pretty, too).

:D

That is a really racist thing to say. There was NOTHING wrong with GameFreak enabling the player to make their trainer black.

Excuse ME? I would appreciate it if you stopped spitting unnecessary insults at me. I am NOT sexist.

I don't think the female Pokemon player characters are supposed to be going for the badass factor. What is the problem with this? I'm not saying females in general can't EVER be badass. There are females I find badass. Elincia and Sully in FE, Black Widow in the Avengers, etc.

I'm not saying females need to wear short revealing skirts either. In fact, I never liked the idea. Stop putting words in my mouth.

White line.

Edited by Bimbo

Oh yes, Mega Mightyena must happen. ^^

OH SWEET JESUS YES.I'm using a Mightyena on Ruby right now,and I gotta say it's really great.It covers the psychic and ghost types that the rest of my team (excluding my Lairon) have trouble knocking out for some reason.

I want the Regis to get Primal forms. They need some love.

A Regigigas king with Rock, Ice and Steel as his knights.

They're showing more love to Groudon and Kyorger(I suck at spelling Pokemon names sometimes).What about the Regis and Rayquaza?

MEGA REGIGIGAS.

Yeah, Mega Rapidash, Mega Zebstrika, Mega Infernape, and Mega Mightyena are my most wanted Megas now since Lopunny got one and Aggron got one in X/Y. :3

Mega Rapidash being my most wanted of all (even sketched an idea just now). :D

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, Mega Rapidash, Mega Zebstrika, Mega Infernape, and Mega Mightyena are my most wanted Megas now since Lopunny got one and Aggron got one in X/Y. :3

Mega Rapidash being my most wanted of all (even sketched an idea just now). :D

Mega Rapidash=Flaming Pegasus seems like a pretty simple and potentially awesome mega to me. Could even be Fire/Fairy.

Out of all the Gen 5 pokes that could have gotten a mega... why Audino?

Has anyone ever caught an Audino outside of dex completion? I always just used them for more exp...

Out of all the Gen 5 pokes that could have gotten a mega... why Audino?

Has anyone ever caught an Audino outside of dex completion? I always just used them for more exp...

As far as saving an underwhelming mon goes, Audino is a pretty good choice.

Mega Rapidash=Flaming Pegasus seems like a pretty simple and potentially awesome mega to me. Could even be Fire/Fairy.

Yeah, that's what I drew, basically. Long, gracefully flowing flaming mane and tail, fairy wings, and a larger horn. And it's Fire/Fairy. ^^