Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

Don't know anything about Gallade but I hope it gets a type change.

I don't. Its Fighting type is one reason for me to use it since I generally don't like Psychic types. But Fighting AND Psychic together? That's just epic, imo.

Also, anyone thinking Mega Gallade doesn't look any different from regular Gallade. I see plenty of differences.

Gallade:

475Gallade.png

Mega Gallade:

corocoro10142.jpg

Its body has become more white than green, the crest on its head is a little curvier and more detailed, it has a "cape," and its arm blades are bigger and have red on them. It also has some blue fire coming out of its hands. It kinda reminds me of Astral from Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, actually. Which is cool because I love Astral. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Primal Groudon's ability has been revealed and I think you guys will like it:

From Facebook:

Primal Groudon's ability has been revealed and if it means what I think it means then these are going to be some of the most desired Megas in Ubers. The ability is called Land of Endings and apparently creates strong sunlight. I can only imagine (and this is just speculation on my part) that this ability will be the return of permanent sun. Again, just guessing. What about you guys?

rdnw9Tn.jpg

If this was already posted, then my bad. xP

EDIT: Oh, Primal Kyogre's was revealed as well.

And here we have Alpha Sapphire's majestic legendary Primal Kyogre, introducing the new ability Sea of Beginnings (thanks to the comments for helping me with that). Like with Land of Endings I'm going to assume that this is the return of permanent rain. Again, this is all speculation.

Edited by Anacybele

*looks at shiny gallade* i'm really liking how gamefreak is deciding to give megas to all the shinies i have lol. metagross, altaria, and now gallade? xD

also speed boost with boosted speed stat means sharpedo can attempt to run some bulk or go mixed so it won't be completely pointless

Oh, Primal Groudon's ability has been revealed and I think you guys will like it:

From Facebook:

rdnw9Tn.jpg

If this doesn't mark permanent rain/sun,they seriously need to reconsider the people coming up with abilities.Unless,of course,it does something great none of us thought of.

unless you can guarantee a sweep with sharpedo, either it can't mega evolve in order to retain speed boost or it mega evolves and then gets forced out immediately.

Perhaps it can take on the role of a lategame sweeper, in that case.

Additionally, every copy of next month's CoroCoro Comic will contain a unique single-use download code for a demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Players choose from Grovyle, Combusken and Marshtomp at the start of the demo. This demo will feature a new Mega Evolution, which the player can catch. The player can transfer Pokémon and items they obtain in the demo to their retail version via Pokémon Link. The demo can be replayed an unlimited number of times. The demo has an exclusive story, and it is mentioned that playing through the demo every day could give access to a special story. The Mossdeep Space Center appears in screenshots.

We better get that fucking demo I swear to God

Also Rayquaza is stated to have a connection to Mega Evolution. Glad my favorite legendary is being acknowledge, finally, but I'd like to see more about it in the game by myself.

All the new megas look awesome, plus I like the idea of Speed Boost/Strong Jaw Sharpedo, seems like it will wreck stuff up like a real torpedo. Gallade looks really cool and Rayquaza's new-found plot relevance is nice.

I didn't know Mega Gallade's stats had been shown. Seriously, how can you guys judge so harshly so soon?

We're not judging. We're just nervous. Gallade currently seems to be inferior to Medicham. The only way for it to be worth using over it is if it got a good speed buff. There's also the not unreasonable likelihood that Gallade is just going to have Gardevoir's stats but with the attack stats switched around.

At this point it seems Mega Gallade is a worse Mega Medicham. Like I said, it definitely has a place in UU, but I don't see it being OU along with Mega Gardevoir at this point. Pretty sure it'll get a stat distribution similar to Mega Gardevoir (though I'm hoping it'll get a lot of speed somehow).

Well then, it might still be worth using. Let's wait and see.

I don't care about waiting.The moment it was revealed:BOOM.I'm using a Gallade.I seriously don't give a damn about the metagame...

Plus,what do you think it means when they say Rayquaza will have a link to mega evolution?Primal Rayquaza is most likley.

Edited by Shinehollow

At this point it seems Mega Gallade is a worse Mega Medicham. Like I said, it definitely has a place in UU, but I don't see it being OU along with Mega Gardevoir at this point. Pretty sure it'll get a stat distribution similar to Mega Gardevoir (though I'm hoping it'll get a lot of speed somehow).

even if it doesn't get a lot of speed, it'll still have great bulk on the special side at least, so that might help it. gallade also gets leaf blade for a coverage option, though that's really niche.

Inner Focus isn't bad. Immunity to flinching (most of the time) is nice because of moves like Crunch and especially Force Palm. F***ing Force Palm is an automatic flinch the first time it's used and it always goes first. And sometimes I find my Pokemon flinching repeatedly because of moves that can cause it.

Edited by Anacybele

Inner Focus isn't bad. Immunity to flinching (most of the time) is nice because of moves like Crunch and especially Force Palm. F***ing Force Palm is an automatic flinch the first time it's used and it always goes first. And sometimes I find my Pokemon flinching repeatedly because of moves that can cause it.

Except Gallade's default ability is Steadfast... I'm pretty sure inner focus is a direct downgrade.