Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so mega ray's new ability seems cool. i wonder what it'll do to ice moves though. i think 2x remaining makes the most sense. also i really hope that dragon ascent isnt ray exclusive or drop attack.

according to serebii

Effect:
This ability will create a new weather called Strong Winds. This prevents other weathers being activated, and over-rides all weathers including Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. It also removes the effectiveness from moves that would be Super Effective on Flying-type Pokémon. It lasts until Mega Rayquaza exits battle.

I mean, Megaquaza is pretty cool looking and all, but I honestly don't care much about megas I can't use competitively. ~o3o~

you act like ubers isn't a tier

although if mega gengar was suspected tested to be banned from ubers, this might happen to rayquaza

you act like ubers isn't a tier

although if mega gengar was suspected tested to be banned from ubers, this might happen to rayquaza

I don't play Smogon. ~o3o~

I actually read somewhere that they already banned Megaquaza.

Don't know if it's true or not, though.

Probably not at the moment.

Although I wouldn't be too surprised if it actually happened...

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Nah. Ubers isn't really that friendly to normal ray. Not to mention the ability won't protect him from the mons he actually struggles against. He's still a great wall breaker and nice physical setup sweeper. However even a boost might not help him all that much against geoxern. Unless xern comes in on him which he can already handle. I doubt he'd be banned. I'd be more concerned with the primals. The abilities, particularly Kyogres, shuts down too many popular mons attacks. Not to mention the extra fire type means old groudon checks like skarmory are done. Etc.

So yeah mega ray should be good to remain in ubers.

Nah. Ubers isn't really that friendly to normal ray. Not to mention the ability won't protect him from the mons he actually struggles against. He's still a great wall breaker and nice physical setup sweeper. However even a boost might not help him all that much against geoxern. Unless xern comes in on him which he can already handle. I doubt he'd be banned. I'd be more concerned with the primals. The abilities, particularly Kyogres, shuts down too many popular mons attacks. Not to mention the extra fire type means old groudon checks like skarmory are done. Etc.

So yeah mega ray should be good to remain in ubers.

don't forget that mega ray's ability also shuts down any opposing weather. it also doesn't make him especially bulky, but i'd imagine that the possibility of added bulk would be somewhat useful for getting mega ray a turn to set up, similar to mega blaziken.

Well, two new mega evolutions got revealed on CoroCoro today: Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill. The two keep their typings. Though Pidgeot has No Guard, and Beedrill Adaptability. Mega Beedrill looks pretty cool, imo

Also said you can encounter some legendaries (Zekrom, Dialga, etc) in "the sky" by flying on Mega Latios/Latias. The Eon Ticket is also returning via serial codes in Japan. No idea about how it's going to work over in the west

Information can be found on Serebii

Edited by Dusk Hunt Dodge

Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot both look fantastic. Oh my God. I'm so hyped.

Mega Beedrill is still Bug/Poison, has Adaptability, and its Attack and Speed greatly increase. I can't...wow. Beedrill all of a sudden went from a joke to a huge threat. Wowsers. 140 base-powered U-Turns. Holy fuck.

Mega Pidgeot is still Normal/Flying, has No Guard, and it receives a Special Attack boost. So what we're dealing with is a Hurricane that'll never miss. That's pretty huge. Also it can make use of Uproar, too.

I'm impressed. Very impressed. Both Megas look fucking amazing, and I'm breeding a Beedrill and a Pidgeot right away. So now I'll have them along with Sceptile and Lopunny.

Edited by Z.M.

the only thing mega beedrill has going for it is strong u-turns... so he's basically what scizor would be if you gave him a choice scarf

WHY CAN'T MEGA PIDGEOT HAVE HYPER VOICE???

Edited by Cornet

Uproar is a breeding move for Pidgey.

i don't like locking my 'mons into moves

edit: for explanation, i really don't like the idea of locking myself into it when:

1. hurricane is probably better most of the time because of base power and confusion chance.

2. steel types and ghost types exist, so it's just more stuff to worry about

i'll give it credit for going through substitute because of sound properties but i still don't think it's worth a move slot. ...wait, there's nothing else in pidgeot's movepool, is there? i'd still probably take toxic (crippling) / protect (scouting) over it.

Edited by Cornet