Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have Metagross and Latias, which is why I don't really want another Psychic type

I mean there aren't all that many choices left. You might be better off just giving Latias surf? I'd say try Ludicolo but you already have Roserade so the grass type isn't something you'd be lacking. Maybe Walrein or Azumarill?

I mean there aren't all that many choices left. You might be better off just giving Latias surf? I'd say try Ludicolo but you already have Roserade so the grass type isn't something you'd be lacking. Maybe Walrein or Azumarill?

Well I guess I could use like Suicune or something. I might actually use Gastrodon but it'll take me a while to grind one up. I also have a Helix Fossil I got from a Mirage place too.

Does anyone know where I can find the Scanner in Sea Mauville? I couldn't find it before and now I can get Lugia so I want to try and get that out of the way. I know it's in the flooded basement but IDK where since I can't use the Itemfinder.

IIIIIIIII found it

Edited by Psych

Is there something I'm missing to some of the Mirage Spot legendaries? I've been trying to get Uxie for who knows how long and I'm not able to get Entei to pop up either. Also, if I leave a Mirage Spot without even encountering the legendary (say I leave after trying to catch it for some time with the IVs and nature I want on it) does that mean I can no longer catch it?

Is there something I'm missing to some of the Mirage Spot legendaries? I've been trying to get Uxie for who knows how long and I'm not able to get Entei to pop up either. Also, if I leave a Mirage Spot without even encountering the legendary (say I leave after trying to catch it for some time with the IVs and nature I want on it) does that mean I can no longer catch it?

No the spot stays if your party is eligible to encounter it

Also Uxie was the first one that showed up for me and I caught Mesprit a few hours ago so I think the order they show up is random. I also got Terrakion a while ago too, but I haven't gotten the beasts yet.

I need to find a ditto but if someone has a Treeko egg or something they could give me I'll try and get a Torchic for them

No the spot stays if your party is eligible to encounter it

Actually I was referring to if you go to the island, leave before actually going to the portal after being given the hint as to which Pokemon it is, then leave and take out the Pokemon to where you can't go back to the island, the meet the conditions again after getting the Pokemon out of the PC and heading to the same area again. I had a different hint given to me for Cobalion, got it and Virizion not too long after, and I've yet to get a chance to get Terrakion again.

I'm not sure if this'll help you or not with the Lake Trio problem but here

I'm having the same issue where Uxie is just refusing to show up for me. I got all three musketeers, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a version thing (and others have mentioned that they got all three)... any ideas? The island is there, so I don't think it's an issue with happiness. The portal is just perpetually empty

I'm having the same issue where Uxie is just refusing to show up for me. I got all three musketeers, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a version thing (and others have mentioned that they got all three)... any ideas? The island is there, so I don't think it's an issue with happiness. The portal is just perpetually empty

I believe it has something to do with ingame time? I don't have the game, but have you tried waiting twelve hours for them to show up?

So, I guess I'm coming back here after all. I decided I'll take a shot at getting a Ralts, because I thought wait, I could get lucky enough. And I did manage to find a male with the preferred ability (Synchronize). But its nature is just no for a Gallade. It raises attack, but lowers speed, and I want both attack and speed on a Gallade.

Then I noticed different move Ralts popping up in the bushes and checked them out for more male Ralts with Synchronize that have a better nature. I can tell if it has Synchronize, because Ralts's other possible ability, Trace, triggers right away. If I see no Trace activation, it has Synchronize. But the next male I found has the exact same nature as the first one I caught (and worse stats). Is this supposed to happen when you're looking for those Pokemon with different moves (egg moves, I'm assuming)? I mean, are the egg move Ralts you find more likely to have the same nature as the one you caught? Or did I just have some weird luck?

Maybe I should catch a female and breed them? I did reach the Pokemon daycare. I just...Mega Gallade looks so freaking sweet that I want to train an awesome one.

Edited by Anacybele

So, I guess I'm coming back here after all. I decided I'll take a shot at getting a Ralts, because I thought wait, I could get lucky enough. And I did manage to find a male with the preferred ability (Synchronize). But its nature is just no for a Gallade. It raises attack, but lowers speed, and I want both attack and speed on a Gallade.

Then I noticed different move Ralts popping up in the bushes and checked them out for more male Ralts with Synchronize that have a better nature. I can tell if it has Synchronize, because Ralts's other possible ability, Trace, triggers right away. If I see no Trace activation, it has Synchronize. But the next male I found has the exact same nature as the first one I caught (and worse stats). Is this supposed to happen when you're looking for those Pokemon with different moves (egg moves, I'm assuming)? I mean, are the egg move Ralts you find more likely to have the same nature as the one you caught? Or did I just have some weird luck?

Maybe I should catch a female and breed them? I did reach the Pokemon daycare. I just...Mega Gallade looks so freaking sweet that I want to train an awesome one.

Is your Ralts in the lead slot in your team? Synchronize has a non-stated out-of-battle effect giving every pokemon you run into a 50% chance IIRC of being the same nature of the Synchronize pokemon. So depending on how many additional Ralts you've caught/what team position Ralts is, that may explain it. I'd say either make sure Ralts isn't the lead pokemon or just breed one.

Oh. Yeah, I did have the Ralts I caught at the lead slot because I taught it Echoed Voice (so it'd have an actual attacking move) to make it easier to catch more Ralts. I didn't know Synchronize had that second effect. Guess I'm switching my party around. :P

I'd tell you, but I'm afraid I've got no idea. xP

Okay, I got a Synchronize male Ralts with a nature that works. It doesn't raise either attack or speed, but it doesn't lower them either. It lowers sp. attack, but I won't be teaching a Gallade any special moves. It's a physical attacker that needs moves like Psycho Cut.

0e5add4bf5090b20cbc3e5731cfa3b85.png

Gallade has bad speed already?

???

Your ralts is probably fine

Except Mega Gallade gets a speed boost, I think. But nice sp. def stat there. The nature my new Ralts has raises that one and lowers sp. attack. Definitely works!