Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

0e5add4bf5090b20cbc3e5731cfa3b85.png

Gallade has bad speed already?

???

Your ralts is probably fine

Mega-Gallade has a base 110 speed though. And considering the base form has 80, you don't want a speed hindering nature if possible. Not that my Gallade had an ideal nature anyway (-Atk/+Spe), but I didn't care about Natures for my in-game team.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what LuxSpes said. Mega Gallade is going to be my main Mega until I can get my hands on Mega Lopunny.

So far now, I have three badges and my team is:

Grovyle lv. 28

Mightyena lv. 27

Golbat lv. 27 (it's holding the Soothe Bell though, so hopefully it'll evolve real soon. I love me some Crobat <3)

Magikarp lv. 13 (it's going to be a Gyarados, of course. Still working on that)

Ralts lv. 3 (we already know the story here lol)

My Ralts also knows Shadow Sneak, a physical move. Might be useful if I keep it when it becomes a Gallade. But now I just need to find a Dawn Stone. I want the sixth slot to go to Vulpix/Ninetales. I remember being able to catch one in Emerald. Can it be caught in Alpha Sapphire too?

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, what LuxSpes said. Mega Gallade is going to be my main Mega until I can get my hands on Mega Lopunny.

So far now, I have three badges and my team is:

Grovyle lv. 28

Mightyena lv. 27

Golbat lv. 27 (it's holding the Soothe Bell though, so hopefully it'll evolve real soon. I love me some Crobat <3)

Magikarp lv. 13 (it's going to be a Gyarados, of course. Still working on that)

Ralts lv. 3 (we already know the story here lol)

My Ralts also knows Shadow Sneak, a physical move. Might be useful if I keep it when it becomes a Gallade. But now I just need to find a Dawn Stone. I want the sixth slot to go to Vulpix/Ninetales. I remember being able to catch one in Emerald. Can it be caught in Alpha Sapphire too?

Sadly, you have two options to get a Dawn stone. First is to get to the end of Victory Road and the second is to unlock the secret super training and beat the Gallade Balloon with a remaining time between 2:10 and 2:20. I went for the later options and super trained my Beldum, which allowed me to have a Gallade right before facing Wattson.

As for Vulpix, you can find them in Alpha Sapphire at Mt. Pyre.

Vulpix is in the same spot as before: Mt. Pyre.

For the Dawn Stone, unless you want to wait until Victory Road/Sea Mauville (which is probably in a Dive-only section), I recommend using Super Training. Once a pokemon has max evs, it can do special balloons, and the Gallade one can sometimes give you a Dawn Stone.

Alright, I just wasn't sure if it became a version exclusive or something.

Then I might have to give Ralts an Everstone once it becomes a Kirlia so I don't accidentally evolve it into Gardevoir. Where do I find one of those?

Edited by Anacybele

Alright, I just wasn't sure if it became a version exclusive or something.

Then I might have to give Ralts an Everstone once it becomes a Kirlia so I don't accidentally evolve it into Gardevoir. Where do I find one of those?

You can find one in the Granite Cave in a Mach Bike section. Here's a video with the location.

BTW, Loppuny and Loppunite are available before Galladite in Alpha Sapphire. You need to beat the post-E4 story event to get access to the Galladite, but you get access to both Bunneary and Loppunite after getting the 8th badge IIRC

Okay, I'll think about it. But still, I'd like to know where an Everstone can be found anyway just in case I decide not to trade. And I don't have anything to trade at the moment. Except for those extra Ralts. :P

Okay, I'll think about it. But still, I'd like to know where an Everstone can be found anyway just in case I decide not to trade. And I don't have anything to trade at the moment. Except for those extra Ralts. :P

Did you see my reply on the last page? I linked a video that showed where to get an Everstone.

Did you see my reply on the last page? I linked a video that showed where to get an Everstone.

Oh! No, I didn't, I apologize. >_<

Actually, I don't need any Pokemon at the moment. I was just thinking about giving the Dawn Stone away. In the middle of catching a legendary at the moment, though. :P

Oh, so you wouldn't mind me using one of those Ralts. Okay, let me see the video LuxSpes posted. I want to see if it isn't too hard to get an Everstone.

Oh, so you wouldn't mind me using one of those Ralts. Okay, let me see the video LuxSpes posted. I want to see if it isn't too hard to get an Everstone.

Yeah. I didn't exactly want any of them and I was mainly using them to try to get the natures I wanted for the legendaries, but I should be done with at least one of them now.

Okay. Going through Granite Cave to get to that Everstone doesn't seem hard if I bring repels and stuff, but I think I'll take you up on your offer. I'd get a Gallade sooner that way. However, I need a little time because I don't have the internet connection here on my 3DS and adding it would require me to quit the game which I don't want to do at the moment. I'm away from home right now see. I've been on Thanksgiving vacation.

Okay. Going through Granite Cave to get to that Everstone doesn't seem hard if I bring repels and stuff, but I think I'll take you up on your offer. I'd get a Gallade sooner that way. However, I need a little time because I don't have the internet connection here on my 3DS and adding it would require me to quit the game which I don't want to do at the moment. I'm away from home right now see. I've been on Thanksgiving vacation.

Ah, okay. That's fine. PM me when you're ready.

Maybe a little late, but natures basically mean nothing for a casual run of the main game.

If anything the game (as with all Pokemon games) is probably so easy that it might be more preferable to have a bad nature just to maybe add some challenge.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

So, I guess I'm coming back here after all. I decided I'll take a shot at getting a Ralts, because I thought wait, I could get lucky enough. And I did manage to find a male with the preferred ability (Synchronize). But its nature is just no for a Gallade. It raises attack, but lowers speed, and I want both attack and speed on a Gallade.

I had a Garchomp with this same nature and it still did wonders. You should be fine.

I know, but that never mattered to me. I just want a powerful Mega Gallade. :P

So, I got to Lavaridge Town, but my Gyarados lacks a Water type move. Dang it, I should've known this would happen. I forgot that Gyarados doesn't learn Water type moves right away. >_<

My Ralts has evolved now, so I'll save and quit and PM mercilesscharizard.

I just got the Eon Flute and tried it out last night. What a blast! I found a cave that housed Sinnoh's trio and caught an Azelf with one ultra ball.

Yes, you're reading that correctly-- just one.

Then I found out that you don't need the National Dex to start finding new Pokemon in familiar routes. The Pokedex just won't have any info on them. Also, I had a really fun catching spree in Petalburg and some of the earlier routes. God, I just wanna catch everything!

...You know what?

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M GONNA DO.

yeah bad natures are fun. I had:

Bold Sharpedo (-Atk +Def)

Modest Gallade (-Atk +Sp.Atk)

Modest Sceptile (-Atk +Sp.Atk)

Sceptile still wrecked but man I wonder how much better it could have been with better Leaf Blades and Dual Chops and stuff.

I was also like 5-15 levels below the E4 and Steven so that was actually kind of difficult. Sidney and Phoebe were pretty easy but Glacia took a couple tries and so did Drake. Steven only took one funnily enough but had the greatest finish ever, where I got his Mega Metagross to suicide on my Sharpedo's Rough Skin because it was OHKOing everything

I know, but that never mattered to me. I just want a powerful Mega Gallade. :P

So, I got to Lavaridge Town, but my Gyarados lacks a Water type move. Dang it, I should've known this would happen. I forgot that Gyarados doesn't learn Water type moves right away. >_<

My Ralts has evolved now, so I'll save and quit and PM mercilesscharizard.

You could always buy the Bulldoze TM at Mauville and teach it to Gyarados so that it has a SE move against fire types.

I just got the Eon Flute and tried it out last night. What a blast! I found a cave that housed Sinnoh's trio and caught an Azelf with one ultra ball.

Yes, you're reading that correctly-- just one.

Then I found out that you don't need the National Dex to start finding new Pokemon in familiar routes. The Pokedex just won't have any info on them. Also, I had a really fun catching spree in Petalburg and some of the earlier routes. God, I just wanna catch everything!

...You know what?

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M GONNA DO.

Well, after receiving the Eon flute, you could go talk to Pr. Birch and get the National Dex.

And I'm currently going through every route and catching everything to get Platinum crowns. I've done routes 101 through 115 as of now, including the cave and other locations in between.