Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

Expect that their markings have been consistent since gen 3 and now changed. I don't know why you dont consider body markings a freature of the pkmn. And speaking of recolors, Isnt Mega charizard X a recolor of normal charizard? besides, looking at this:

NfLZ8Ph.png

One could say that the markings have always been the prominent freature on Kyogre as far as gamefreak is concerned.

Like seriously, if you were to desing Kyogre and wanted to do it like megas such as venusaur, houndoom and blastoise, what freature would you enchant if not markings? Body fat?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered something.

The new Groudon form looks like that Jirachi movie Groudon.

[spoiler=Virus Groudon]

P06_Groudon.jpg

AMIeWd4.png

Basically, the Groudon from Jirachi The Wish Maker movie is a product of a scientist's attempt to create a new Groudon controllable from a piece of Groudon's flesh or whatever that stone thing was; the final product resulted in a major failure and created a "Virus" that consumes the life around it.

But that's not my point of why I brought this up.

Looking closer. . . One can argue both Virus and Omega Groudon has similar feeling and mood.

Expect that their markings have been consistent since gen 3 and now changed. I don't know why you dont consider body markings a freature of the pkmn. And speaking of recolors, Isnt Mega charizard X a recolor of normal charizard? besides, looking at this:

NfLZ8Ph.png

One could say that the markings have always been the prominent freature on Kyogre as far as gamefreak is concerned.

Like seriously, if you were to desing Kyogre and wanted to do it like megas such as venusaur, houndoom and blastoise, what freature would you enchant if not markings? Body fat?

There's a difference in the wing design and some other extras on his body.

wurdz

I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore, dude. Hardly anything you said makes sense either logically or grammatically.

Anyway... moving on....

I just remembered something.

The new Groudon form looks like that Jirachi movie Groudon.

Looking closer. . . One can argue both Virus and Omega Groudon has similar feeling and mood.

That IS an interesting observation, though I'm pretty sure Virus Groudon was just a plot tool for that movie.

What do you mean by 'similar feeling and mood'?

Edited by BANRYU

Hey, just remembered something. In emerald, if you completed the Hoenn dex, professor Birch gave you one of the Johto starters. Do you think they'll keep that in, and if they do, do you think they just might come with a mega stone like the Kanto starters did in X and Y?

Edited by Kamina

Hey, just remembered something. In emerald, if you completed the Hoenn dex, professor Birch gave you one of the Johto starters. Do you think they'll keep that in, and if they do, do you think they just might come with a mega stone like the Kanto starters did in X and Y?

Dunno about the Mega Stone thing, but that is a distinct possibility, I'd say.

In the HGSS remakes, both the Kanto and Hoenn starters were available as gifts as well! Maybe the Sinnoh starters will be available or something too lol. Either way I think it's safe to say we can expect to see plennnty of extra goodies added.

Personally, I'm interested to see what kind of Move Tutors get added. Weird moves like Dual Chop and Drill Run were cool from the tutors last gen, hahaha.

So, It looks like we'll be getting a clip of gameplay this Sunday(7:30 AM Japan time, so late saturday for a lot of people). The clip will be from that silly Japanese show, "Pokémon Get☆TV", where people do weird things and occasionally do previews.

Don't expect too much. From previous experience they'll usually look at a very small area. (They may even only show a battle, hahaha...)

Edited by L95

I hope they update the egg moves like they did in HGSS. Some Kalos mons are pretty lacking in that department.

Chespin - Slack Off (Slakoth), Drain Punch (Mienfoo)

Fennekin - Moonblast (Sylveon), Stored Power (Espeon, Munna, Meowstic)

Froakie - Destiny Bond (Inkay), Perish Song (Politoed), Memento (Shellos)

Pancham - Sucker Punch (Poochyena and countless others), Knock Off (Mienshao and others), Mach Punch (Hitmons)

So, It looks like we'll be getting a clip of gameplay this Sunday(7:30 AM Japan time, so late saturday for a lot of people). The clip will be from that silly Japanese show, "Pokémon Get☆TV", where people do weird things and occasionally do previews.

Don't expect too much. From previous experience they'll usually look at a very small area. (They may even only show a battle, hahaha...)

...Now that I think about it, this means Corocoro will probably have some screenshots as well. (Corocoro usually leaks a little early, so we could see it on the 11th). Though it's possible Corocoro and Pokémon Get☆TV will simply have the same info. (From what I remember, they generally don't though.)

Yeah, a lot of Hoenn Pokemon suffered from having the wrong stat distribution for their type. Things like Crawdaunt, Sharpedo, Absol, etc really benefitted from the split.

Yeah, a lot of Hoenn Pokemon suffered from having the wrong stat distribution for their type. Things like Crawdaunt, Sharpedo, Absol, etc really benefitted from the split.

I remember finding it strange that Metagross could put Shadow Ball to a better use than Gengar xp. It'll definitely be interesting to go through R/S with all the new mechanics.

Edited by LuxSpes

Just realized, going through Hoenn with proper Physical/Special split is going to be awesome.

Honestly, this is the biggest reason why I can't play R/S/E nowadays. The split just makes so many Pokémon that I like (more) useable. (Plus, some of the moves and abilities that were added post-Gen III - as much as I really like Breloom, I can't fathom using it in R/S/E without Poison Heal or Technician...)

In fact, that holds for Kanto and Gen II Johto, too. Crystal is probably my favorite game in the series (to the point that I like it more than the remakes), but with no split between Physical and Special moves, I can't play it after living in the lap of luxury that is more modern mechanics.

EDIT - Was going to reply to these and completely forgot.

Didn't mean to ignore your post, I just didn't see it, sorry .3. Good observation =w=

One guess I have is that their alt forms/transformations will be brought about by some kind of held item; items like that that would increase the duration of Drought and Drizzle certainly seem possible to me.

I think it's possible you may be overthinking it a bit... I don't think Gamefreak has ever really cared about keeping Pokemon to a consistent timeline.

Nah, it's okay. It probably didn't help that it was in the giant spoiler of replies, either.

As for the timeline, I'd have to disagree. There are numerous references in each of the games that at least depict some semblance of an outline for a timeline. Yes, you could probably just chalk them up as references and fun little nods for the players to find and read, but the information is still there.

The game tells us that Gen V takes place at some point in time (a couple of years, IIRC) after Gen II/IV, given that the guy from Cerulean City appears in Icirrus City in the house accessible in Winter. And we know that Gen II/IV takes place 3 years after Gen III, because it's referenced all over the place in Johto.

Actually, the scenario writer for pokemon reaffirmed the timeline in a tweet very recently.

https://twitter.com/matsumiyan/status/464052839870787584

Unless the posts on Neogaf and Serebii are lying to me again

...How is X/Y concurrent with B2W2...? *mind blown* (I guess the references to Team Plasma are its original incarnation then...?

Though, that doesn't explain the mention of Colress on Route 10... I guess the Backpacker could have been sent there by Colress before the events of B2W2...?

)

Edited by Lord Glenn

I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore, dude. Hardly anything you said makes sense either logically or grammatically.

I am saying that it's unlikely they would change the markings without being some kind of new form, likely mega because its gen 6. The markings have been exactly the same for 10 years, why radically change them and alter the color palette now, exspecially considering they remain the original way in X/Y? They didn't alter Ho-oH and Lugia for heartgold/soulsilver either. Not once has box art changed the pkmn's desing without it being new form (platium/B2/W2) It seems weird to me you would say the change is not big enough to be new form when not a single pkmn ever has been altered this much without it being new form.

Edited by a.f.k.a. Howard Hughes

Hopefully they'll tweak some of the movesets to make up for mons that were harmed by the split. You have to jump through hoops to get Treecko's family a special STAB move.

Edited by Alg

That IS an interesting observation, though I'm pretty sure Virus Groudon was just a plot tool for that movie.

What do you mean by 'similar feeling and mood'?

I can't explains it, but whenever I looks at Omega, I thinks of Virus Groudon rather than standard Groudon.

Perhaps it's because the Default Groudon would always have its mouth closed, usually (but some battle sprites has the mouth opened wide.)

And following the fact that Omega Groudon has similar textures on its markings as Virus Groudon, so somehow the two are linked. And I'm willing to bet that Omega and Alpha are definitely the original forms that were created from the unformed water and land itself and created the world and was sealed away by something into the two orbs that also put them to sleep. I have to wonders... what happens if you break the orbs? Will the two returns?

Or will simply giving them the orbs temporarily taps into the potent power of world create they once had? (I means, these two are supposed to be able to create world's ocean and lands in one fell sweep, yet the normal forms doesn't even looks capable of that as seen in Emerald. Drought and Drizzle didn't cover the entire Hoenn)

Edited by Fateborn

As for the timeline, I'd have to disagree. There are numerous references in each of the games that at least depict some semblance of an outline for a timeline. Yes, you could probably just chalk them up as references and fun little nods for the players to find and read, but the information is still there.

The game tells us that Gen V takes place at some point in time (a couple of years, IIRC) after Gen II/IV, given that the guy from Cerulean City appears in Icirrus City in the house accessible in Winter. And we know that Gen II/IV takes place 3 years after Gen III, because it's referenced all over the place in Johto.

Yeah, I did see that tweet since I said this actually so I'll concede that.

Man, but... how weird... I guess questioning how ORAS fits into the timeline really IS a valid topic for debate in light of that. @___e

I am saying that it's unlikely they would change the markings without being some kind of new form, likely mega because its gen 6. The markings have been exactly the same for 10 years, why radically change them and alter the color palette now, exspecially considering they remain the original way in X/Y? They didn't alter Ho-oH and Lugia for heartgold/soulsilver either. Not once has box art changed the pkmn's desing without it being new form (platium/B2/W2) It seems weird to me you would say the change is not big enough to be new form when not a single pkmn ever has been altered this much without it being new form.

Agree with this, disagree with this.

I don't think we're really on different pages as much as you think, dude. I totally agree that these are definitely new forms, I just don't think they're MegaEvos because the designs are inconsistent with the trend of every other Mega we've seen so far. (Also keep in mind that Megas have never been on the boxart before now.) If anything, the fact that you reference guys like Black/White Kyurem and Giratina-O-- alternative forms-- suggests that they're exactly that (which I agree with), just not that they're necessarily Mega Evos.

Gen 6 = everything Mega-related is a silly fallacy. Games like BW2 have shown that GF isn't shy about introducing new mechanics mid-generation, so I say we should just wait and see what it is. My money is on that it's NOT Mega-related lol.

I can't explains it, but whenever I looks at Omega, I thinks of Virus Groudon rather than standard Groudon.

Perhaps it's because the Default Groudon would always have its mouth closed, usually (but some battle sprites has the mouth opened wide.)

And following the fact that Omega Groudon has similar textures on its markings as Virus Groudon, so somehow the two are linked. And I'm willing to bet that Omega and Alpha are definitely the original forms that were created from the unformed water and land itself and created the world and was sealed away by something into the two orbs that also put them to sleep. I have to wonders... what happens if you break the orbs? Will the two returns?

Or will simply giving them the orbs temporarily taps into the potent power of world create they once had? (I means, these two are supposed to be able to create world's ocean and lands in one fell sweep, yet the normal forms doesn't even looks capable of that as seen in Emerald. Drought and Drizzle didn't cover the entire Hoenn)

They definitely have some aesthetic similarities, that much is certainly true.

I wouldn't know what to say about the rest, though. It's some interesting food for thought certainly.

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

BW had some great themes. Honestly, I'd prefer things to be more pre Gen 6 things in this game, because I feel X/Y didn't click as well as earlier titles.

D'you mind if I ask why?