Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

Why Fake Out? It only makes a Pokemon flinch the first time it's used and it has very low power. And if I Mega Evolve Lopunny and then switch it out, it won't be able to Mega Evolve again when I switch it in. Remember you can only Mega Evolve once per battle.

And right, I forgot about the Fairy type being super effective against Dragon type. :P

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so, I believe I recall switching out Mega Evolved Pokemon and they went back to their normal forms when I switched them back in.

Oh, btw, I think one of my new Bellossom's max IVs is sp. attack. Nice. :D The other two are HP and attack, but sp. attack is the most important stat here. I'm super training her in sp. attack and sp. defense.

But dang it, the receptionist at the Weather Institute gave me the wrong rock! I have to go back tomorrow and try again for the Heat Rock. xP

Yeah, Mega Pokemon stay Mega after switching. Only way they'd revert is if they got KO'd, but you can't switch them back in in 99% of the time when this happens.

I've done it with Mega Absol on numerous occasions. Especially when it's up against something strong, in which case I Protect to Mega Evolve, then switch him out.

Edited by VincentASM

I've done it with Mega Absol on numerous occasions. Especially when it's up against something strong, in which case I Protect to Mega Evolve, then switch him out.

Pretty much customary for Mega Beedrill.

Huh. I guess I remembered wrong then. Well, just know that High Jump Kick might take some time to get even after I evolve a Buneary, because according to Bulbapedia, Lopunny doesn't learn it until lv. 66.

But man, I'm already loving the stats on my Bellossom. It's only lv. 29 and this is what it has so far.

HP: 91

Attack: 60

Defense: 60

Sp. Atk: 69

Sp. Def: 67

Speed: 37

She's gonna be a TANK.

Guys, can we all move the competitive discussion elsewhere? I'm very sure this is supposed to be a casual thread.

Besides, I'm sure Ana's only playing this game for fun, so just let her use what she wants to use.

Guys, can we all move the competitive discussion elsewhere? I'm very sure this is supposed to be a casual thread.

Besides, I'm sure Ana's only playing this game for fun, so just let her use what she wants to use.

Technically speaking, this was a news thread.

Though people have changed it to a general discussion topic, which is absolutely fine.

Edited by L95

People were making moveset suggestions, not trying to tell her what to use.

Right now, this is pretty much just a general discussion thread.

I arrived late to the Rapidash discussion, but, truth be told, Ponyta is actually quite good in game (better than Growlithe, in fact). It's very strong for an unvevolved Pokémon.

Rapidash has a good movepool and decent attacking power coupled with good Speed. It's not bad for the story at all. It was decent as an alternative to Infernape in DP.

As for the ability, I think Flame Body could be superior in game, but an immunity is always nice.

Edited by Cerberus87

Still, I think competitive isn't the best advice. Smogon's sets pertain to their own metagame. You should tailor your Pokémon based on what you find in the game.

Anyway, since Rapidash is bad at taking hits, Flame Body isn't really a good ability for it.

Anyway, since Rapidash is bad at taking hits, Flame Body isn't really a good ability for it.

It's not a bad choice if you expect to be hatching a lot of eggs, but at that point you might be better off with Volcarona or Talonflame for fly.

Almost no Pokemon is bad for the story.

She wants to do the Maison with it.

And I disagree with what you said. I say from experience. Garchomp is a powerhouse in competitive, but not good at all in the story until it reaches final stage, as Gabite is quite underpowered and drags down your team (same with other pseudos mid stages).

That would depend on Ana, really. For her purposes, either ability would probably work.

Uh, no. She's training a Rapidash for combat. There is absolutely no reason to consider "Flame Body helps hatch eggs!" in such a situation, because a Pokemon does not need to be trained for such a thing. Having something with Flame Body or Magma Armor for hatching eggs is obviously a good idea, but all one needs to do for that is catch a Slugma or use anything else in the boxes with one of the requisite abilities.

And I disagree with what you said. I say from experience. Garchomp is a powerhouse in competitive, but not good at all in the story until it reaches final stage, as Gabite is quite underpowered and drags down your team (same with other pseudos mid stages).

Exactly, so "good in the story" is meaningless.

I said almost, but I'm sure if your team is well-rounded enough, Gabite is plenty fine. Obviously it won't reach its full potential until it evolves.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

(wait, are there any special moves that make contact? Does that even make sense?)

Yes, they exist. Grass Knot and Infestation are two of them.

Almost no Pokemon is bad for the story.

I'll second this. I incorporated dondon's suggestion to put Calm Mind on Spinda, and that Pokemon made a couple of the E4 (round 2) cry. If I can whomp those guys (whose Pokemon have much better base stats than Spinda's straight 60), just about anything can work!

If you wanna use Rapidash, Ana, do your best~! I've never used one seriously, and I'm curious to see how far in the Maison it can go!

I arrived late to the Rapidash discussion, but, truth be told, Ponyta is actually quite good in game (better than Growlithe, in fact). It's very strong for an unvevolved Pokémon.

Rapidash has a good movepool and decent attacking power coupled with good Speed. It's not bad for the story at all. It was decent as an alternative to Infernape in DP.

As for the ability, I think Flame Body could be superior in game, but an immunity is always nice.

It was decent as an alternative because it was the only other option for a fire type until Platinum.

okay I just saw this and you get gible with dragon rage and earthquake immediately, so he's actually really strong when you get him. He isn't even that much of a liability later on, and the payoff is more than worth it anyway.