Small Question

blyegg

Basically, in Nightmare, I changed Chapter 11A, 12A, and 15B to make Saleh a level 10 mage. When I tried out using premade saves for FE8, it leaves him normal. However, Cavalier Seth stays Cavalier when I open save->new game. :/:/:/

The premade saves have already saved Saleh as what he originally was, in the problem. Like what a save data file is basically saves all the information about where you're at, what your characters are like, etc. So when you reload it, Saleh was still be the Sage he used to be.

Saleh has two entries in the chapter 12 Chapter data editor, did you change both of them? I successfully made him a mageknight loading a chapter save. Also you are reloading the rom, and not just resetting it right?

Edited by General Horace

The premade saves have already saved Saleh as what he originally was, in the problem. Like what a save data file is basically saves all the information about where you're at, what your characters are like, etc. So when you reload it, Saleh was still be the Sage he used to be.

if you use a premade save with saleh already loaded it isn't going to change anything

Because it already has his character loaded in the memory right? I always thought restarting the chapter restarts that... ._.

Saleh has two entries in the chapter 12 Chapter data editor, did you change both of them? I successfully made him a mageknight loading a chapter save. Also you are reloading the rom, and not just resetting it right?

Yeah. I always reload the ROM completely

Saleh joins in the prep screen of chapter 12, so that shouldn't be a problem. If the save you're using is the one I provided in the other topic, you should be able to do it without issue.

restarting the chapter only works for class-changing if it's in the chapter they join

just restarting any chapter isn't the same as reloading the character from scratch

the only time the class is read is when they're loaded the first-time, so yeah

restarting the chapter only works for class-changing if it's in the chapter they join

just restarting any chapter isn't the same as reloading the character from scratch

the only time the class is read is when they're loaded the first-time, so yeah

Yup, I was restarting that chapter where he joins, as well as the one before since Saleh also appeared in it's cutscene editor.