Gives no XP
Lethality / Silencer
Magic Seal
Last Item Drops
Rapier/Durandal Lock
Wolf Beil/Armads Lock
Mani/Sol Katti Lock
Forblaze Lock

Simply, can you have a weapon with both the Rapier/Durandal AND Forblaze Lock?

Example of why this would be cool:
UW
UW + Durandal
UW + Armads
UW + Katti
UW + Forblaze
UW + Durandal + Armads
UW + Durandal + Katti
UW + Durandal + Forblaze
UW + Durandal + Armads + Katti
UW + Durandal + Armads + Forblaze
UW + Durandal + Katti + Forblaze
UW + Durandal + Armads + Katti + Forblaze

So you could do things like

Eliwan has
Rapiers, Unique Sword, Unique Tome, Unique Staff

Lyd has
Rapiers, Unique Sword, Unique Bow

Duladins can use ++ weaponry

Cavaliers have exclusive Horse Spear use

Villagers have exclusive Pitchfork use

Nomads have exclusive Shortbow use

Archers/Snipers have exclusive Longbow use

Chivals/Protectors have Rapier use

With only a few weapon locks

Yep, totally possible. You can theoretically have all the possible combinations of weapon locks in one game with some creative finagling of characters if you wanted greater variety. (I think the Monster Weapon lock disables weapon levels though, so not sure if that's what you want...)

I do not think that one weapon can have multiple locks(that quote is about how the ability to use locked weapons can be set to characters), but multiple weapons can have the same lock, and locked weapons can have different weapon ranks so that multiple people can have the same lock set and not be able to use the same weapons due to only being able to equip different types weapon type. THis allows the same effect. for example you could have the following distibution of ability to use weapon locks:

eliwan:

wodao, durandel

lyd:

wodao, armands

Cavaleers:

Kati

Villagers:

armands

Nomads:

Forblaze

Archers:

Kati

Chivals:

wodao

Duladens:

unused lock

And weapons would have the following associated locks:

Wodao: rapier

Durandel: eliwan's sword, eliwan's staff, eliwan's tome

Armands: lyd's sword, lyd's bow, pitchfork

Kati: horseslayer, longbow

Forblaze: short bow

unused lock: ++ weapons(which i am assuming are a distinct catagory)

Note that this works because although lyd has the ability to use weapon with armands' lock, she does not have the lance rank to use the pitchfork. (if you want her to get a lance on promotion or something, give the pitchfork a different lock, and give villagers the ability to use that lock instead. This method requires a lot of advanced planning, and you need to remember to give your weapons ranks as well as types(vanilla fe7 legondaries do not have ranks), because technically, anyone with the right lock can use a sword with internal rank --, even if they can't use other swords.

Also look here:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19964863/Fire%20Emblem/Documentation/weaponlocks.html

Also, be warned that a proper strength-magic split is really hard to do.

Edited by sirmola

as far as I know those item settings use binary flags

add the numbers together to use multiple at once

if the nightmare module has not set itself to allow 00-FF then you need to edit the textfile

also, just remember that combining multiple personalizations will allow them to use everything under it, so watch the weapon types as the guy above says

Edited by Lamia

Yep, totally possible. You can theoretically have all the possible combinations of weapon locks in one game with some creative finagling of characters if you wanted greater variety. (I think the Monster Weapon lock disables weapon levels though, so not sure if that's what you want...)

Monster Lock disables viewing the weapon's stats (Mgt et all). So.. I'll have to think of something.

I do not think that one weapon can have multiple locks(that quote is about how the ability to use locked weapons can be set to characters)

Note that this works because although lyd has the ability to use weapon with armands' lock, she does not have the lance rank to use the pitchfork. (if you want her to get a lance on promotion or something, give the pitchfork a different lock, and give villagers the ability to use that lock instead. This method requires a lot of advanced planning, and you need to remember to give your weapons ranks as well as types(vanilla fe7 legondaries do not have ranks), because technically, anyone with the right lock can use a sword with internal rank --, even if they can't use other swords.

Also, be warned that a proper strength-magic split is really hard to do.

I know ;;

So if I wanted to, for example, remove Rapiers from the weapon triangle, I could make the Rapier actually be a bow?

And thanks for the example, it will be very helpful.

The weapon lock flags, from what I can tell, can be stacked the same way somebody can be given both the ability to use the Kattis and Rapier, adding the hexadecimal.

Monster Lock disables viewing the weapon's stats (Mgt et all). So.. I'll have to think of something.

I know ;;

Just being sure

So if I wanted to, for example, remove Rapiers from the weapon triangle, I could make the Rapier actually be a bow?

Easily, although then you could not use that lock for any weapon belonging to anyone who is not supposed to use the rapier. Also, you would have to set weapon exp to zero to prevent the user from gaining a bow rank, and bow images would show up. There might be another way to give weapon triangle neutrality, but i do not know of it. I think that maybe you can set the weapon type as "item" and it will still work as a weapon.

And thanks for the example, it will be very helpful.

I actually greatly enjoy doing that kind of optimization. PM me if you need any more help with it.

The weapon lock flags, from what I can tell, can be stacked the same way somebody can be given both the ability to use the Kattis and Rapier, adding the hexadecimal.

I just checked in nightmare. I was wrong. You can totaly do that. (although it looks like the katis and rapier use a different slot, so in that instance, you don't need to add.)

Edited by sirmola

• 3 weeks later...

The method to remove weapon triangle is similar to how runesword works. Instead of changing rapier into bow, just change the weapon type of rapier midways. Actually, the module has been created in FEShrine.net. That way, the rapier will give sword weapon experience, while using damage calculation of bow.

http://forums.feshrine.net/index.php?showtopic=190&st=15entry116827

add the numbers together to use multiple at once

Logical OR would be more technically correct

Also I think Arch wrote a tutorial about this exact thing