WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

every scottish person I know supports either Hibs or Hearts, it's weird

you haven't met any glaswegians, we keep them quarantined

Next season we're going to have Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the equivalent of the Championship. It's gonna be more interesting then the premier league, where Celtic will probably just stomp everyone lol.

the red devils of belgium who everyone thinks will suddenly win due to their invincible defence conceded a goal to luxembourg

shit get it together belgium

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how there's two British clubs called Rangers and both are more or less burning money.

I bought Football Manager 2014 for ~£15, thinking I got a good deal.

Just saw it on Steam for £8.75.

#mylife

speaking of does anyone like football apart from people in this thread here.

was maybe gonna make a football manager playthrough thread but it'll probably get lolactivity.

Edited by Tryhard

And yet they still didn't win the Premiership this season...

Good point, coming *glances at notes* second with an inferior squad and no defenders does indeed render my theory invalid, well done ninjamonkey you sure showed me

If you ask me, I think Brazil will win because we play at home and the other teams have to travel thousands of kilometers between games and aren't used to the heat and humidity. Logistics part of this WC is horrible. Poor USA play in Natal and Manaus, that's ridiculous.

With all the injured players I think WC is becoming less and less appealing... Champions League is a far better tournament if you ask me.

And I hope Brazil doesn't win because I hate Scolari and Parreira.

With all the injured players I think WC is becoming less and less appealing... Champions League is a far better tournament if you ask me.

Well undoubtedly the Champion's League has stronger teams and players - but the World Cup is objectively more special as a tournament, and the glory belongs to an entire united nation, not just 'half of Madrid'. The Champion's League is also obviously just Europe - the World Cup is, well, the World fucking Cup.

But yeah no doubt that the best clubs are stronger than the best nations, but football isn't just about watching the best.

Edited by Parrhesia

But yeah no doubt that the best clubs are stronger than the best nations, but football isn't just about watching the best.

I know, how else would we see CAMEROON?

breaking news lads curtis good, adam sarota and uh a third australian guy have been cut from the squad, the world cup will be poorer for their absence

hilariously this means we're going to brazil still with 27 (get it together ange christ) and going to cut four guys in brazil

poor fuckers

Edited by Parrhesia

Well undoubtedly the Champion's League has stronger teams and players - but the World Cup is objectively more special as a tournament, and the glory belongs to an entire united nation, not just 'half of Madrid'. The Champion's League is also obviously just Europe - the World Cup is, well, the World fucking Cup.

That's just now. There was a time in which the World Cup was bigger than anything else by far.

The World Cup still is the biggest sporting event in the world. Except maybe the Olympics, I don't know about that one.

Edited by Parrhesia

The final is the single event that gets the most spectators, yeah. It's kinda hard to judge how 'big' something like this is, but I'd say the World Cup (in its entirety) is about on par with the Olympics at least.

Edited by fuccboi

I barely watch football at all anymore, but the World Cup was always a time that me (and my dad) get excited for and we always watch pretty much all the games together, even if the quality of football isn't as comparable to the Champion's League or otherwise. It's just a grander occasion.

"FIFA says 909.6 million television viewers watched at least one minute of the 2010 World Cup final at home between Spain and the Netherlands, and the total likely topped a billion when adding online and public places."

Edited by Tryhard

so I heard that football was

*checks notes*

coming home?

well either way the brave three english white red lions annihilated footballing powerhouses peru 3-0. Didn't watch the game but apparently Rooney was shit. Sturridge scored, as did both centrebacks from set pieces. And also this.

Edited by Parrhesia

Highlight of the match, no doubt.

so I heard that football was

*checks notes*

coming home?

was it ever established where football was actually created, because I don't even know
whatever i'll let them have this one, good song tho
Edited by Tryhard

I hope for some surpises!

I love it, if a "small" football nation angers a "huge" football nation. Like the 1:1 New Zealand vs. Italy in WC 2010 or the fantastic performance of South Korea in their "home" WC 2002.

Bosnia says Hi! ( :Greece: might be a surprise too).

Bosnia says Hi! ( :Greece: might be a surprise too).

:Greece: already surprised us in EC 2004, so why not again in 2014? I think they have a good chance to survive the group stage.

I hope a little bit for :Australia: , :Switzerland: and CAMEROOON.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria