WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

well, seeing as the skirmish of Australia v Netherlands is nearly upon us, i suggest that the only way Australia can possible score is if we launch (very) early crosses into the box for Timmy to have a crack at.

Lets hope we can avoid losing by more than 4 goals :/

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will lose by three clear goals, probably 4-1, but no more.

I tried to make a Recently Retired and Injured Australia XI recently.

Schwarzer; Franjic, Williams, Sainsbury, ???; Milligan, ???; Kruse, Rogic, fuck only knows; Kennedy

why did i briefly confuse troisi and rogic

why did i keep trying to put cahill in the lineup

fuck me schwarzer is the only retired one the rest are literally all injured, kill me

Edited by Parrhesia

I have to say lol at Scolari here

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/18/world-cup-2014-luiz-felipe-scolari-brazil-mexico

“OK, so there are no more penalties for Brazil, right?” Scolari said, fronting up to everybody in the auditorium. “That’s my question for you. All you did was criticise Fred … ”

It was a curious line of attack. What Scolari was referring to was the outcry in the Brazilian media over how Fred, the striker, had essentially conned the Japanese referee, Yuichi Nishimura, into awarding Brazil the penalty that had helped them to victory over Croatia in the opening Group A tie. Thanks to that, Scolari seemed to be saying, there would be no more penalties for Brazil at the World Cup.

“So I hope you’re pleased with yourselves. Well done.” Scolari did not actually say that bit, he was already striding towards the door, but it is what he meant.

especially since Marcelo threw himself to the ground against Mexico with three minutes to go and they were pretty dire anyway. Edited by Tryhard

fucking lol

also no sleep tonight i guess because if i missed australia not lose this or even lose this by just like one goal i'd have to kill myself in the morning

We will do better than Spain. Given that with a just referee it would've been 5-0...

Also lol looking at the Strayan world cup show and John Aloisi questioning managerial decisions. John 'Aloisi struggled in his first season as head coach, with Melbourne Heart coming ninth in the 2012–13 season and winning only one away game all season. The 2013-14 season did not start any better with the Heart managing 0 wins, 4 draws and 6 losses from 10 starts. On 28 December 2013, Aloisi was sacked as the manager of Melbourne Heart following the club's seventeenth competitive match without a win.' Aloisi.

Also randomly launching into a tirade on how Uruguayans as a culture and people play dirty aggressive football and it's because they are poor, fucking lol

Edited by Parrhesia

ohhhh man i just climaxed

hey you know how i was saying this time our defence would be okay if they didn't shit the bed again? By the time Holland had their first shot, we'd already conceded twice to Chile. Granted when we did go behind i have no idea where the back four actually were besides Spiranovic but still

never a dull game with either straya or the dutch

though I have a feeling the dutch will come out with a rocket up their arse second half

Edited by Tryhard

cahill's out next match after murdering that guy

imagine if david villa leads the line for spain against straya - him vs. taggart, bona fide A-League striker duel, get the fuck in

Fuck though Postecoglou has worked fucking miracles with this team.

sarah_2946842a.jpg

TACTICS

Cahill being out for the next match was completely unnecessary unless he truly had enough of that guy being on the pitch

Edited by Tryhard

leckie deciding blind was not in fact alpha enough to deserve possession

and well van Persie restores parity. Poor Spira ;.;

that was a weird penalty huh

fuck this game it blew all my bets

NOT A PENALTY

HOLLAND ROBBEND

Edited by Nightmare

I announce that as An Australian I am cautiously optimistic about us picking up Two (2) points. Two (2).

it's happening

we will beat them by four clear goals just like our equals the netherlands, all cahill headers- wait shit