WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

a man in the street informed me that he believed, he believed that, he believed that he, he believed that he will, he believed that he will win, is this an accurate statement with a view to the current scoreline? please leave your thoughts below

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha Beto is such shit; first he gets bailed out majorly by Costa and then just stands still as Jones's shot goes in. It was a good strike (especially compared to Ronaldo a minute earlier lol) but still

a man in the street informed me that he believed, he believed that, he believed that he, he believed that he will, he believed that he will win, is this an accurate statement with a view to the current scoreline? please leave your thoughts below

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JINX INCARNATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean yeah beto probably couldn't have stopped either of those but it felt to me like he didn't even make an effort, especially on the first one

but wow that finish

they're still pretty screwed unless they slaughter Ghana though

Edited by BBM

hahahahahh holy shit

awesome match

bradley's mistake was what cost them that goal i think.

portugal's probably not gonna go through anyway. they need the us to get destroyed and to destroy ghana. honestly, it's turning out to be the group of death after all.

edit: also i don't know about all this 'deserve' shit. results are results.

Edited by fuccboi

Bradley fucked up royally.

Good news is that a tie suffices for both USA and Germany.

edit: also i don't know about all this 'deserve' shit. results are results.

while it is true, sometimes "results" create very boring matches and matches like these where a team who is dominating (frankly, Portugal were very poor) sometimes have late goals from a team that really shouldn't be in it, Switzerland beating Spain last world cup etc.

Wouldn't you say you thought the same for the game from Atletico vs Real Madrid? :P

regardless they still need to do a lot, the combined efforts of Germany beating USA and Portugal beating Ghana needs to be over 4 goals, otherwise or in any other results, they're going out anyway.

I don't think Portugal were bad enough that you can really say a draw was unjust, though the US undeniably had the better of the match. A Portugal win? That would've been unjust, but that's how it goes. At the end of the day, what influences the abstract 'flow of the game' more than a goal itself?

I hope Spain lose against Australia to complete the circle of humiliation now. Considering the effort Australia gave in their first two games, it wouldn't really be surprising.

Edited by Tryhard

Fuck, we dominated the first 10-15, then Spain clicked. They deserve their lead, but we've always done better in the second half...

Mat 'YOLO' Ryan makes me perpetually nervous.

I like how Ryan MacGowan, aka 'the third-choice centreback thrown into rightback', isn't afraid to make really forward runs - he's been our best player of the half probably. I want to see more from Oar. As in, anything.