Kinda curious as to why people...

anipaan

At least they make an effort to change the skintone even if it doesn't match perfectly in Warriorr/Berserker. Flavia in any of her reclasses that show some skin? White. And she ain't white.

Even more questions:

Why do only Mari, Lissa and some other units like the children get unique palettes in their class evolutions?

Why are there such ugly skin color errors??

Why is my husbandoGregor's Hero outfit blue when it's his most blantant promotion?

Why does Nowi get a special win animation as a mage and as a bride(ew)? Why does Henry have his own special win animation in all classes EXCEPT Dark Knight, his second suggested master seal promotion?

Why do all the female tricksters, except Anna, look all the same in the map sprite?

It's not like it bothers me too much, but it detracts a lot from the beauty factor, and it makes me feel like IS didn't care or/and didn't have time to add enough nifty details to enjoy.

I must admit, I'm a sucker for little details and extra care, but it's pretty saddening to see that not even a character's standard promotions have a special palette, it's a staple of the series, come onnnnnn.

Haha, now I'm just whining, but sometimes it feels like Awakening really lacks care and detail in general, not just this; I guess that's why it gives me such a big impact (because it's one of the things other than the story and the maps that strikes me as careless), other than me being a lot into character design.

Why does Nowi get a special win animation as a mage and as a bride(ew)? Why does Henry have his own special win animation in all classes EXCEPT Dark Knight, his second suggested master seal promotion?

Units have separate victory animations for standing and mounted classes.

IIRC all classes have different win animations (even if slightly different), or am I wrong?

Like, female Heroes/Mercenaries (holding swords) def. have a different win animation than the typical tome users one.

So while it's plausible he has a different win animation when he's on a horse, I don't get why he couldn't laugh maniacally on a horse too.

But let's not worry too much about this, lol.

Or maybe those are just "buggged out" priorities.

Character vs. Class and some arbitrary numbers in their data are determining them.

Just like how Liz/Lissa gets the animation with the bride class.

Which is why all you peasants should stick to character portrait classes. Yes, that means not promoting EVER for most of the characters.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Reclassing anyone into Berserker/Warrior really shows off just how bad the results of merely swapping the head turn out. Almost no one matches the skin tone.

What about the spontaneously changing breast sizes that all the girls go through? Cordelia (whose small chest is revealed to be a bit of a sore point) has Dark Mage and Mercenary as her reclass options. The bodies for these classes are based upon Tharja and Severa's body types, who are... not small chested.

Also applies to Lucina as an Archer, since the female Archer is based on Noire.

IIRC all classes have different win animations (even if slightly different), or am I wrong?

Like, female Heroes/Mercenaries (holding swords) def. have a different win animation than the typical tome users one.

So while it's plausible he has a different win animation when he's on a horse, I don't get why he couldn't laugh maniacally on a horse too.

But let's not worry too much about this, lol.

Some win animations carry over between classes. The main difference I see in a lot of circumstances is there being a difference between the mounted and unmounted classes. For instance, Maribelle and Tharja share the same unmounted victory animation, Henry carries the same victory animation in all of his unmounted classes, and so on. Female Mercs are the only unmounted class I can think of that have a totally unique victory animation.

MOD EDIT: Don't double post in here.

Thank you mods for combining the posts. Still getting used to this forum's system.

Edited by The Geek

Or maybe those are just "buggged out" priorities.

Character vs. Class and some arbitrary numbers in their data are determining them.

Just like how Liz/Lissa gets the animation with the bride class.

Which is why all you peasants should stick to character portrait classes. Yes, that means not promoting EVER for most of the characters.

Nowi's standing victory animation is also slightly overlooked, actually- the devs probably assumed it isn't possible to see it when she's an untransformed Manakete and didn't give her her special one there, but they forgot that units do their victory animation when they reclass.

So that means she only gets her special animation by leaving her portrait class.

(@ OP) For most of the parent generation, you're right, they're really best suited to their original classes for the most part, and their stats are built as such.

For the kids, however, the real fun lies in the eugenics of which parental combinations make for what kind of kids. Some people may want to breed an army of magical children, some might want the opposite, but generally it's just for the sake of optimization (because the kids are the strongest units in the game) or even just for fun and preference.

Berserker Gerome, for instance, is widely considered to be his best class because he doesn't get Galeforce like most of the other kids, and he doesn't get the Vantage/Vengeance combo that makes for the most effective tanking in Apo or wherever. He gets other stuff, true, but most people find him to be most powerful from the rear line of a Pair-up where he can just repeatedly smash things with Axes-- Berserker Vaike!Gerome being one of the most straightforwardly powerful physical attackers in the game (if not the most).

I have to admit, that while I do adore having units in their canon class, some characters seem to fit much better in a different class.

I go mad reclassing to find the one class for each character that fits the most. Owain makes sense as a dread fighter, and personally I think Yarne works well as a Berserker. He even gets the same texture as Vaike... I think. Its all preference I guess. I usually grab all the skills I can while trying to max those annoying stats that never go up in their canon class. However, if I make someone's final reclass permanent, it have to make sense from some point. Like how I made Virion a dark knight. It seemed more lordly and more useful than a sniper or bow knight.

Yeah, Yarne in particular seems to make a LOOOT of flavor sense as a Berserker-- he's practically dressed for it already, all he needs is to learn to use the axe lol. In a lot of cases, the characters' reclass sets speak a lot of them as a character as well, like characters two get the Dark Mage tree, as well as people like Virion getting the Wyvern tree. Tiki even kind of makes sense as a Sage when you consider her age and the fact that other dragon-descendants (IE Sophia, Gotoh) had an affinity with Magic as well.

Its a real shame that Tiki's caps don't support the sage class too well, she seems to be more tanky rather than fast magic user. I love Tiki-Wiki though.

Also, while Ricken's reclassing options are terrible for a magic user, (archer class, so useful) they kinda make sense. He wants Chrom's respect and his reclass options are the same as Chrom's. Coincidence?

Maybe its just because he's from a noble house but I don't know.