FEE3 2014

Arch

watching DOG's cutscenes got me hyped. Very cool, nyz!

anyway, Ray. Thanks a lot for uploading all these and volunteering to host. Can't wait to see the rest of them tomorrow! especially mine

Edited by Y.O.L.O Dewey

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is every video so long? Use some editing, damn. Like literally every video so far has been more than an hour, often an hour and a half, and a couple were like 2 hours :/

Think of the Australians and their bandwidth.

I don't have any trouble with the videos buffering.

It's not just bandwidth, as Nickt said in his... usual way of speaking... it's that the videos are really long, and a lot of them are pretty boring all the way through or have at best really sparse moments of commentary. The length does also mean that people with limited bandwidth are left out though, and that's a fact. It is true though that poor Ray had to record a shitton of these last minute, but that's mainly SF's fault for crashing and being slow as balls for most of the last couple weeks, as well as the fact that a ton of people bailed and Arch/Ray tried to get people in last minute so the event wouldn't be filled with crickets.

That being said, I am considering helping out with a highlights reel for post-FEE3 so you can get all the best moments.

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

It's not just bandwidth, as Nickt said in his... usual way of speaking... it's that the videos are really long, and a lot of them are pretty boring all the way through or have at best really sparse moments of commentary. The length does also mean that people with limited bandwidth are left out though, and that's a fact. It is true though that poor Ray had to record a shitton of these last minute, but that's mainly SF's fault for crashing and being slow as balls for most of the last couple weeks, as well as the fact that a ton of people bailed and Arch/Ray tried to get people in last minute so the event wouldn't be filled with crickets.

That being said, I am considering helping out with a highlights reel for post-FEE3 so you can get all the best moments.

2vcdp3m.gif

Though I must say, it's quite a delight to see a bunch of my mugs being used. I always fret that they're going unused, so saddening.

Edited by NICKTâ„¢

it's not ray's fault nobody decided to submit a trailer >_>

i mean

if everybody asks for let's plays

what choice is there other than "give them a let's play"

Edited by CT075

The show is what the community makes of it - as we find out, that can be a double-edged sword. You get LPs because people choose that as their submission (sans the Awful Emblem people who didn't, but at that point might as well do it anyways due to how many dropouts there were this year), rather than making trailers to put up or doing interviews. It was a combination of multiple delays, which basically made deadlines pretty weightless and the resulting last-minute efforts involved. I've also failed as an organizer, so there is no possible reason for which Ray should be apologizing for the quality of this show. After so many missed dates, we had to put the damn thing on at some point.

Having the creators on call with the LPer would be a better experience - that should be the standard for future LPs as a sort of expanded developer sitdown/demonstration. It'd be better to focus more trailers, shorter interviews, maybe some short developer diary type things.

Which is why I propose we go full Nintendo and start organizing for a "Fire Emblem Direct" around the start of the new year. It'll return to the format of the original FEE3 - a single video (or maybe split into two videos over the span of a Saturday/Sunday), two hours at most and then we can fill out the more "traditional"/shitty (depending on your point of view) FEE3 LPs as desired. There won't be a deadline - we'll go live when we've got the content.

Edited by Arch

Whoo eric you fixed the fem merc animation

Also well done everyone who's submitted an entry, it's been a great turnout so far. btw Siuloir I thought you were putting that cutscene map in ch3 :P

Edited by Haku

(I noticed that an LP wasn't requested but one was recorded anyway, so the trailer is at the very beginning)

whoops lol

i was just given it to record, apologies

jeez my mic was worse than I thought it was :S

Edited by Skitty of Time

The show is what the community makes of it - as we find out, that can be a double-edged sword. You get LPs because people choose that as their submission (sans the Awful Emblem people who didn't, but at that point might as well do it anyways due to how many dropouts there were this year), rather than making trailers to put up or doing interviews. It was a combination of multiple delays, which basically made deadlines pretty weightless and the resulting last-minute efforts involved. I've also failed as an organizer, so there is no possible reason for which Ray should be apologizing for the quality of this show. After so many missed dates, we had to put the damn thing on at some point.Having the creators on call with the LPer would be a better experience - that should be the standard for future LPs as a sort of expanded developer sitdown/demonstration. It'd be better to focus more trailers, shorter interviews, maybe some short developer diary type things.Which is why I propose we go full Nintendo and start organizing for a "Fire Emblem Direct" around the start of the new year. It'll return to the format of the original FEE3 - a single video (or maybe split into two videos over the span of a Saturday/Sunday), two hours at most and then we can fill out the more "traditional"/shitty (depending on your point of view) FEE3 LPs as desired. There won't be a deadline - we'll go live when we've got the content.

That's all fine and everything. But would it be a pain to add subtitles later on for people with no sounds or the hearing impaired fans?

Seeing as this is just GBAFE, the segments of developer commentary usually devoted to explaining mechanics or discussing the game itself are largely going to be redundant, since everyone knows how GBAFE goes at this point.

lol tech demo hacks lol. I really am really weird and crazy, huh? Ahahahahah.

lol tech demo hacks lol. I really am really weird and crazy, huh? Ahahahahah.

You are the exception to so many different rules at once, I can't even begin to elucidate. :P

This is you approximated: GandolfWhite_6662.jpg

Edited by Siuloir

Well, I am, in fact, the certified Wizard of the West.

I gave you all Wizard of (Region) titles and Arch corrupted it to directions, for shame. I think you were the River Wizard. I guess the Wizard of the West is better, since it's semi alliterative.

cough

Apologies. I'm actually looking forward to seeing everything you accomplished in FE4.

Now have another! The fine line between reality and virtual blurs my line and I don't think I can pursue...

I'm going to upload the next number of entries every now and again over the next few days as opposed to being aggressive like last night. Hopefully they'll be easier to stomach this way.