Hyrule Warriors to have Multiplayer

Jedi

If Midna isn't in this game, one of my eyebrows will be permanently raised 2cm.

I'm pulling for Fierce Deity as Lu Bu figure (if that isn't Ganondorf)

Fair point, they should just put him in the game then. He has fantastic enough designs to not look too out of place in a Zelda game anyway

I never liked Lu Bu. I thought Tadakatsu was much better in the strongest warrior of his time role.

Perhaps Volga will fit the Lu Bu role in this game. At least that was the impression I got of him when I saw his picture.

Edited by Sasori

Thats part of it yeah. I heard he was supposed to be an idiot in the book/history as well, but I still don't exactly like it. He did't impress me much in 7/8 and I have a little trouble taking him serious since Warrior Orochi 3 where he keeps screaming Nehza before getting his butt kicked.

I haven't played the games before that though so I can't judge him in those.

Haha, I can understand that. Though, from what I know, he wasn't all battle, battle, and more battle, he had an actual head on his shoulders and was somewhat intelligent as well, in addition, he was also good at archery as well, this was shown in DW8:XL.

Gameplay wise... he was an actual threat in the older Warriors games. When the "Do not pursue Lu Bu" phrase had meaning.

Edited by Soledai

Haha, I can understand that. Though, from what I know, he wasn't all battle, battle, and more battle, he had an actual head on his shoulders and was somewhat intelligent as well, in addition, he was also good at archery as well, this was shown in DW8:XL.

Gameplay wise... he was an actual threat in the older Warriors games. When the "Do not pursue Lu Bu" phrase had meaning.

The dude even had an odd sense of honor in his later life after his betrayals of Ding Yuan and Mr Tyrant. Dong Zhou (which wasnt a bad thing all things considered even despite the power struggle) He and Liu Bei even considered each other brothers for a small while. Then the whole Zhang Fei and Lu Bu stuff happened and well..

(Then Liu Bei back stabbed him ironically, after Lu Bu had made that truce between him and Yuan Shus front line force awhile back. Talk about ungreatful)

The dude even had an odd sense of honor in his later life after his betrayals of Ding Yuan and Mr Tyrant. Dong Zhou (which wasnt a bad thing all things considered even despite the power struggle) He and Liu Bei even considered each other brothers for a small while. Then the whole Zhang Fei and Lu Bu stuff happened and well..

(Then Liu Bei back stabbed him ironically, after Lu Bu had made that truce between him and Yuan Shus front line force awhile back. Talk about ungreatful)

I remember my first reaction to the Lu Bu and Liu Bei brother thing... I side-eyed it so hard

Don't quote me on this, but I think they show the alliance thing with Lu Bu and Yuan Shu somewhat in DW8:XL, I didn't look into it though... Recently, it feels like DW games are starting to get a bit more accurate with history... except they can't quite nail down the actual Jing Province case, though it's quite fine for the way they told the story this time around... I'm postive it was more than just Zhuge Liang scheming to get Liu Bei some land.

I remember my first reaction to the Lu Bu and Liu Bei brother thing... I side-eyed it so hard

Don't quote me on this, but I think they show the alliance thing with Lu Bu and Yuan Shu somewhat in DW8:XL, I didn't look into it though... Recently, it feels like DW games are starting to get a bit more accurate with history... except they can't quite nail down the actual Jing Province case, though it's quite fine for the way they told the story this time around... I'm postive it was more than just Zhuge Liang scheming to get Liu Bei some land.

Jing Provence is a tricky subject in any debate I noticed. People seem to be too biased towards Shu or Wu when discussing it.

Going back to Hyrule Warriors. Who do you lot want to see playable of the Zelda universe? This is Impas first playable appearance ever. I hope we get a lot more from the series history. Heck even Saria with a musical weapon move set. Could be along the lines of Zhen Ji or Cai Wenji, but with an Ocarina lol

• 3 weeks later...

All my close friends that are looking forward to playing this haven't really played a game is the DW genre before.

It'll be interesting seeing how they play. I wonder if some will wind up spamming the same moves over and over.

Oh wait, that's how you normally play a DW game.

Edited by Jacien