Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4

Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. How is your reaction that Ike is confirmed for SSB4?

2. 2. Did you expect to see Ike in SSB4?

I'm not sure how would Micaiah play similar to Zelda. They have similar body builds and they both use magic, but given how Light Magic works in FE10, there's plenty of room for Micaiah to have an entirely unique moveset. It's like those that claimed that Rosalina would play like Peach if she were in.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, with the exception of fe13. the best i've got is a bit of research into ike's japanese voice in brawl (by which i pretty much just mean this). i'm actually really curious about lyn's japanese voice in brawl, given how mediocre her english one was

Old post but here you go:

I made an Ike Miiverse post. :3

Miiverseshot5_zps132881be.png

And look at that, it got 20 yeahs in less than half an hour! Oh hell yeah. :D

The drawing is pretty rough and a bit messy lol, but I drew it in like ten minutes. :P

Edited by Anacybele

the idea that michaiah would play like zelda is based off a really constricted way of thinking. they're both magic users. AND???? they easily have the possibility to play completely different from each other, like marth and ike did.

Firstly I'll say I never thought Rosalina would play like Peach.

Secondly I'll say I feel insulted that I'm apparently a "really constricted" thinker. Pardon me for not being some grandmaster-video-game-maker with the ability to come up with these amazing unique movesets for all the characters.

Thirdly I said SOMEWHAT SIMILAR to Zelda. Meaning I think it'd be a case of Fox/Wolf. Wolf has some SIMILAR moves to Fox, but is not a clone. Micaiah may have SIMILAR moves to Zelda, but would not be a clone.

Fourthly I'll say good day to you, I'll just return to secluding myself in my little depressed bubble.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Firstly I'll say I never thought Rosalina would play like Peach.

Secondly I'll say I feel insulted that I'm apparently a "really constricted" thinker. Pardon me for not being some grandmaster-video-game-maker with the ability to come up with these amazing unique movesets for all the characters.

Thirdly I said SOMEWHAT SIMILAR to Zelda. Meaning I think it'd be a case of Fox/Wolf. Wolf has some SIMILAR moves to Fox, but is not a clone. Micaiah may have SIMILAR moves to Zelda, but would not be a clone.

Fourthly I'll say good day to you, I'll just return to secluding myself in my little depressed bubble.

ok, i was a little harsh... sorry about that...

i'm just used to everybody saying "lucina would play like marth," which is really annoying, since she easily has the potential to not play like him at all, especially in the hands of sakurai... so right now, those kinds of things strike a cord with me... :/

I still think Hector would make the best fire emblem brawler out of all the lords.

Unfortunately, my hopes were shattered when they just shrugged off fe7 in melee.

Fe6 wasn't even out yet. How did fe7 get shrugged off in mele

Fe6 wasn't even out yet. How did fe7 get shrugged off in mele

Whooooooops... I meant brawl, not melee. My bad.

I know I'm being extremely unrealistic, but assist trophy lyn just wasn't enough for me. Fortunately, it looks like there will finally be three playable fe representatives in ssb4.

I know how you feel. I wanted Keldeo for Pokemon, but he's a Pokeball mon. xP I'm not really upset about that though, I'm just glad he's in the game at all. :)

I never really knew who Celica was, as the earliest FE game I've played is FE6. Never anything before that.

But when people brought her up a few pages back, I actually started to take interest in her. I think she'd actually be a really good choice for the game (just judging on her, from Awakening). And plus, I think she has a really nice (Awakening) design. But the people who've actually played her FE probably have a different opinion...

I don't get why people are saying they want Lyn in Smash 4... wasn't there already a screenshot of her being an Assist Trophy?

Was that directed towards me? If it was, I was talking about Lyn in brawl, not ssb4. I already know she's going to be an assist trophy again, I was just saying how I wanted a playable fe7 character in brawl. (I'd take Hector over Lyn anyway)

But now that Ike's back as awesome as ever, I really don't care who they put in to be honest... I'd like to see Chrom, but I'd like to see a lot of other characters as well.

Yes, Ike's return was what I wanted the most! I love him to so many pieces, I would have cried if he was cut. And even better, he's RD Ike now, exactly what I wanted! :D

Yes, Ike's return was what I wanted the most! I love him to so many pieces, I would have cried if he was cut. And even better, he's RD Ike now, exactly what I wanted! :D

You were gonna cry either way!

When I saw him it went more or less like:
-Die Awakening fanboys where is your Chrom now
Then I remembered either Chrom or Lucina could get in.

Ike's manliness cannot be ignored in SSB.

A lot of Japan is saying the same thing, actually.

You know, this is the kind of crap and trash talk I really have a problem with.
I'll be the first to say that I was fine either way.

Trash talk happens because it's the internet... but damn.

But I leaning toward thought he was getting replaced by Chrom.
I expressed that in a calm manner.

Like crap, are you people that hyped to say "SEE, I WAS RIGHT. YOU NON-BELIEVERS ALL SUCK!"?
Do you like rubbing it people's faces and enjoy trying to make people feel like crap?

Annoying...isn't it.
Since Awakening is what brought FE from going to the wasteside.

I'm fine with people that like awakening, the only thing I can't stand is things like "Owain and Tharja for smash" or Marth and Ike are going to be replaced my Chrom and Lucina"

When I said fanboys I was referring to the unrealistic bunch that thinks awakening is a godsend and every other game sucks.

Tharja...
Wha ha ha ha haaaaaa.
If she made it, we'd get more SSB buyers. XD
Already going to happen because of Ike returning!!! ^_^

Well, we have 5 damn Mario characters so having Marth, Ike, a very likely Chrom AND Lucina doesn't seem too far-fetched.

It's freaking awesome, and his costume is super cool looking. I'm 100000% onboard as long as Chrom joins and makes it a trio.

There goes all those "leaked" rosters.

Deserving to have an FE13 rep for Awakening's success.

True. In fact, didn't Ike fight in an area full of lava?

3-8

It sucks so bad. I really liked Roy when he was in Melee.

But clones gotta go... so that's why I'm scared Lucas won't he back. Wasn't he just a semi-clone of Ness?

...Sorta. The only moves Lucas and Ness shared were PK lighting, fire, and storm.

It's likely that they will only put in Ness and to maybe put in Kumatora, or Paula for the second Mother character giving them maybe different PSI. Mother is only getting 2 reps. Yep. That's about it!

I didn't have any strong feelings about the possibility of Ike being in before, but now he's confirmed I'm happier than I would've expected. RD design definitely fits his play style more.

On a different note, I've thought that Chrom would be a good choice for a while, but I've grown fond of the idea of Robin getting in lately. Male/female alt costumes already exist and magic would be pretty cool.not that any of that has been said before......

Right.
We get too many sword fighters already with none shooting projectiles as Ike would if Nintendo puts in the fucking shockwave attack. Should put in either MU, or Celica for the 3rd rep.

I always thought Aether was garbage. I mean, as a recovery. It's great if you wanna smack someone til' they bleed.

Yeah.
Where's his good recovery?

I'm pretty pleased with Ike's return. He was an awesome character but also really fun to play as. I was really thinking Nintendo was going to start a tradition of axing the other FE character but no, he's returned! I just really hope he doesn't replace any potential FE representatives from Awakening since he is from an older game and very few people are going to play those games since he's in this one. It may not be the best way to introduce FE characters to people who are unaware of its majesty! Sorry.

I have some hope that Chrom will be in this game though, my friends sent me a "leaked" photo and its either real or a very well done fan made one.

super-smash-bros-4-roster.jpg
Either way, I'm just gonna have to hope there's a third representative.

That photo was confirmed to be fake, sorry. xP

For one thing, Ike isn't in it, so that already totally disproves it.

^

This and...

Objection overruled to Fellblood's post!

This means they better bring back Mewtwo if they're willing to reuse older characters like Ike and Lucario!! Still glad they're both in, though.

I think this also means that, with the inclusion of Marth, Chrom won't be in. Too many blue-haired swordsmen. I think Lucina or Lissa or someone will take the FE13 rep instead.

Or, with DLC and Spotpass making a ton of old characters relevant, Micaiah or Celica could even be in now. The roster has seriously been lacking a real magic user (Zelda definitely isn't a real mage), AND it needs a female FE character. There are so many to choose from!!!

Ike potentially booting out Chrom definitely opened up a lot of possibilities for the expected third FE rep.

Yes...

Bring in a mage, please. All we have had are sword using lord's.

How Ike and Lucario are "older" then Mewtwo I have no idea.

How does Marth or Ike affect Chroms chances when he will most likely be very unique if he gets in this game from the trends of the newcomers we've seen, you also make hardly any sense complaining about blue haired swordsmen then saying Lucina. Like being female makes her legitimately different just because she is female. She could be unique and such yes but that's a hardly fair comparison to Chrom at all.

I wouldn't say no to a mage but even with DLC do a good chunk of people know who Celica or Miccy are? Look at the Japanese fan bases reactions to Radiant Dawn Ike. They don't even recognize his look. How then would they react to Miccy. This is also after they think Little Mac is there to appeal mostly to the west. Which quite a number are not happy with

Don't get your hopes up for someone outside of a lord especially outside of fe13

Of course he's the appeal to the west. We need not just appeals from Japan.

Not even Marth and Roy's appearance in Melee got the word out to a lot of people? Geez, they REALLY dropped the ball with advertising FE. No wonder it's been a niche series...

I mean look at the popularity spike Awakening got it! And that thing was advertised to death.

Nintendo is putting fourth effort to keeping the series from dying. It is a masterpiece. It shouldn't die.

Yes.
One of particular note was when everyone was turned to stone.

Sir BuffMcManroids still sounded fitting in JP Radiant Dawn.

なん…だと…
("What the hell..."/"What do you mean...?")
Such great voice acting for both versions. :D

Sure, Chrom could be in, but he might not. He really doesn't add anything unique unless he uses lances which is really unlikely.

Yes.
We need an FE character to use something else.

Ehh. A tactician would be cool, yes, but... I still favor Chrom.
I like the idea of keeping Marth every Smash Bros, bringing in a new FE Character each game while taking out the old one. Roy and Ike were examples, ones that I liked. I loved Roy as much as the next guy, and I was rather disappointed when Ike replaced him, but then the whole concept came into mind.
But with Ike coming back... The concepts gone now. Yes, I agree Chrom doesn't have much to bring to the Brawl, but think of Roy. Sakari, the director of the Smash Bros Series, or at least I believe that's how you spell it, worked constantly on Melee. He even said... Can't remember where I heard this... That his lifestyle was destructive while making it. He wanted Melee to be a real gem, yet he brought Roy to the table. Let me ask you, what did Roy have that Marth didn't have, let alone do better?

My point is, while Ike is nice and all, I would much rather see Chrom, or maybe even Lucina.
Hehe... I hope Owain appears as a Assist Trophy...

That along with being only a Jap advertisment for FE6 are why that he should not comeback.

:facepalm:

AGAIN with the whole "Ike replaced Roy" nonsense. Ike NEVER replaced him. Roy was planned for Brawl, but time constraints kept him out. There was never going to be any take-out-the-old-lord-and-replace-him-with-a-new-one. Besides, Sakurai hates cutting fan favorites and learned from his mistake with Roy and the other members of the forbidden 7. And Ike is a fan favorite.

It's Sakurai, actually. Sakurai used Roy simply because he liked his design. Not because he was the new guy. And it was to advertise FE6. Sakurai originally wanted to use Leif.

And also, as stated MANY times, Ike is more iconic to the FE series than Roy will ever be. Barring Marth, he's the only lord with more than one starring role in a game. And Marth and Ike got the most references of any past character in Awakening. I bet you these days, the first things to come to mind when people think of FE is Marth and Ike. Generally, anyway.

Chrom might bring a couple of new things to the table, but not as much as Avatar would. I still prefer Avatar to Chrom or Lucina (especially the latter. I'd love to have even Chrom in the game if it meant that Lucina wouldn't get in).

Leif. <3
I would approve of him making the cut. But...we have enough sword users already. -.-
We need someone else who uses something else for battle.

A new FE could be announced at E3, but yeah, it probably wouldn't come out for like a year and a half or so.

I hope Marth speaks English. I want to understand what he says for once. xP

We already knew what he said...
"Hey, everybody. Look at me." :D

Wanna know what I think? I think Sakurai's gonna bring back both Mewtwo and Roy, and reveal Ephraim as a playable character. That's right, I think we're getting FOUR Fire Emblem reps.

Please.

Let's hope so...

If Chrom is put in...make him use Lances and the fourth should be Miccy, ...or Celica.

I still think Hector would make the best fire emblem brawler out of all the lords.

Unfortunately, my hopes were shattered when they just shrugged off fe7 in melee.

...And that he should use the Devil Axe for his weapon. :D

An axe using FE rep would also be great! Hitting someone with an axe brings fourth pain more than any other.

I mainly think Roy will be back because a bunch of people wanted him back, plus Sakurai liked his design, plus he was supposed to be in Brawl so Sakurai had originally wanted 3 FE reps anyway,

It incredibly deserves it for Awakening's success.

I know how you feel. I wanted Keldeo for Pokemon, but he's a Pokeball mon. xP I'm not really upset about that though, I'm just glad he's in the game at all. :)

...And why Genesect was never revealed in the E3 trailer is only one simple answer. That's because he likely will be our last rep.
The game will be scolding hot for me if he's in...

EDIT:Some screenshots

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/ike.html

9zpu.jpg
f8e6.jpg
477r.jpg
Please. Let it be Shockwave!
472jk.jpg
84a8.jpg
jqljx.jpg
xho6.jpg
Again. Let it be shockwave!
e9t5.jpg
I/as well as many will thoroughly be disappointed if Ike doesn't get the Shockwave attack.

Edited by Barbie