I have 1337 points of BEXP.

鳴美

I still have my doubts about whether it was in the forum description a few months ago. It's possible, but many people seem surprised by it so you'd think it must be new. Fayt even appears to think it was part of the "rules revamp" from a few weeks ago.

Jyosua mentioned something about changing the description of the FFTF forum sometime during the revision and I don't recall seeing the word necropost there until someone pointed it out to me.

That was there when I made that necropost. I mentioned previously that that description was there from back when I joined in 2008. And I made the necropost early this year.

You're probably remembering this wrong considering how the only thing you used to argue against the necroposting warn was the fact that it used to be considered a necropost after 2 months as opposed to 1 as it is today.

Edited by Sirius

Jyosua mentioned something about changing the description of the FFTF forum sometime during the revision and I don't recall seeing the word necropost there until someone pointed it out to me.

You're probably remembering this wrong considering how the only thing you used to argue against the necroposting warn was the fact that it used to be considered a necropost after 2 months as opposed to 1 as it is today.

Yeah, he put the same excuse on me. I would like to see what other veteran members have to say about it to verify that.

That isn't even a considerable reason. You just seem to be understimating me for that mistake.

I'm bumping this because I just can't help being ignored by a moderator to ignore my complaint for an obvious injustice.

Harudoku's topic was bumped before that revision made by Jyo. But did someone close that topic? No. How do you explain that? Or was a certain moderator simply being biased on not to do it?

Injustice can refer to something that isn't fair. It's this case. I probably needed to rephrase that, but whatever.

I also find it unfair a moderator is ignoring just because he thinks I'm stupid or because I usually get some things wrong.

Yeah, he put the same excuse on me. I would like to see what other veteran members have to say about it to verify that.

That isn't even a considerable reason. You just seem to be understimating me for that mistake.

Do you have evidence that the necroposting bit was in the FFTF description that long ago? I don't recall the FFTF description mentioning anything about what rules are exempt there in its description and I do remember someone thinking they couldn't double post in FFTF because there was nothing saying you could in the description or code of conduct.

... How is it not when it only makes sense to look at the code of conduct, specific forum guidelines or forum descriptions to look for evidence to contest a warn?

Harudoku's topic was bumped before that revision made by Jyo. But did someone close that topic? No. How do you explain that? Or was a certain moderator simply being biased on not to do it?

A warn was given and I decided not to close it as it's FFTF, wasn't that old, would just be re-made by copy & pasting and there's nothing saying I have to close EVERY SINGLE topic that is necroposted.

I also find it unfair a moderator is ignoring just because he thinks I'm stupid or because I usually get some things wrong.

I'm such a bad guy. Ever considered that I didn't catch this thread having a new post until now?

Also:

Avoid publicly questioning us on policies. We will listen to a well reasoned opinion on why policies should be different, but this needs to be done through PM or the ticket system, preferably the latter if available.
Edited by Sirius

Does anyone else miss the days of quoting multiple posts? It's actually possible to do, but you have to DIY which is always a lot more tedious.

Yes, especially if I'm trying to follow a conversation.

Do you have evidence that the necroposting bit was in the FFTF description that long ago? I don't recall the FFTF mentioning anything about what rules are exempt there in its description and I do remember someone thinking they couldn't double post in FFTF because there was nothing saying you could in the description or code of conduct.

... How is it not when it only makes sense to look at the code of conduct, specific forum guidelines or forum descriptions to look for evidence to contest a warn?

The only evidence I could provide you is others' memories. Another thing would have to be my reason for necroposting. I wouldn't have done it if wasn't allowed, otherwise I would've necroposted at places outside FftF as well, something I never done outside of FftF but have done here twice.

Fireman apparently didn't know that, I just did it because I knew necroposting wasn't warnable here.

A warn was given and I decided not to close it as it's FFTF, wasn't that old, would just be re-made by copy & pasting and there's nothing saying I have to close EVERY SINGLE topic that is necroposted.

I'm such a bad guy. Ever considered that I didn't catch this thread having a new post until now?

My point was that I thought I got a warn while your friend there didn't.

You see, I'm not making you the bad guy out of this, I only why would I get warned by something was allowed to do. As I stated, I wouldn't go and do that if knew I'd get warned. These are basic rules, unlike the last one implying the 1-month period is necroposting.

The only evidence I could provide you is others' memories. Another thing would have to be my reason for necroposting. I wouldn't have done it if wasn't allowed, otherwise I would've necroposted at places outside FftF as well, something I never done outside of FftF but have done here twice.

Fireman apparently didn't know that, I just did it because I knew necroposting wasn't warnable here.

What you're saying now does not match with what you said back then which was basically "I thought it's a necropost if it's 2 months old" Fireman didn't know of it as that note of the necroposting in the FFTF description must've been added with the rules revision. AFAIK, you're the only one claiming that it was there at the time you got your warn.

My point was that I thought I got a warn while your friend there didn't.

Ah, the typical "I'm screwed because I'm not friends with the mod" mindset. Hahahahahaha.

I only why would I get warned by something was allowed to do. As I stated, I wouldn't go and do that if knew I'd get warned. These are basic rules, unlike the last one implying the 1-month period is necroposting.

You have no evidence that the exception was there at the time of your warns for necroposting. Plus there's a chance that the exception being there right now is a mistake anyway since the rule since to have been implemented because of necroposting in FFTF. Not sure on that but I saw most necroposts in the past come from FFTF threads.

What you're saying now does not match with what you said back then which was basically "I thought it's a necropost if it's 2 months old" Fireman didn't know of it as that note of the necroposting in the FFTF description must've been added with the rules revision. AFAIK, you're the only one claiming that it was there at the time you got your warn.

I mistook that statement, sorry.

@Bolded: Trust me, I wouldn't go making that up if I were incorrect. I'd be stating it as an unsure statement, like the one you just pointed out, I would be stating it that way.

Ah, the typical "I'm screwed because I'm not friends with the mod" mindset. Hahahahahaha.

That's what I thought and had my doubt about until you just pointed it out. You stated this out to someone else, so I doubted if that was the case or not. Since you stated you weren't unfair with that, it's alright.

EDIT: You're right. I have no evedince whether that was there or not. But think of it well, do you really believe Jyo put that there when he modified this forum the last time? Because even though that isn't evident, I can 100% assure you that was there before he revamped this.

Edited by Soul

@Bolded: Trust me, I wouldn't go making that up if I were incorrect. I'd be stating it as an unsure statement, like the one you just pointed out, I would be stating it that way.

Didn't say you are making things up. I just said you're probably remembering it wrong

For reference:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18802&view=findpost&p=931406

Read from there to the end.

I remember that perfectly. But really, you took that as an evidence to make it seem I was remembering wrong.

See the edit of my last post, please.

Edited by Soul

EDIT: You're right. I have no evedince whether that was there or not. But think of it well, do you really believe Jyo put that there when he modified this forum the last time? Because even though that isn't evident, I can 100% assure you that was there before he revamped this.

I think it looks fine. The only thing that seems to be missing is to specify which rules don't apply in FFTF (i.e some of the Post Quality rules).

Vincent, I changed the description of FFtF to specify which rules don't apply. I think that should be enough.

I think that wraps this up. Anything else, just PM.

Edited by Sirius

I remember that perfectly. But really, you took that as an evidence to make it seem I was remembering wrong.

See the edit of my last post, please.

You seem to be rewriting history.

It would be if this thread has been dead for two months.

What happenend to that 2 month rule? *sigh*

But it should be contributing as long as we keep it straight, I really didn't know it was changed to one month.

If you thought, at the time, that necro was permitted in FftF for any length of time, why were you acting like the rule is 2 months? You didn't answer that question when Sirius said it. You are completely changing your tune from back then.

Anyway, you can PM both of us, actually, if you'd rather not PM Sirius only.