Ike's return could mean we're to get a Tellius stage for Wii U! Which would you like to see?

Anacybele

Yeah, people would wonder what it is and look it up. But then wouldn't they be confused about why it isn't from either of Ike's games when he's playable? A similar situation happened when FE7 came out. People out west kept asking "are Marth and Roy in this game?" I still think a Tellius stage is most likely what's going to be in the Wii U version because of this alone.

But I STILL never said that Jugdral can't have any trophies or music. I agree that every game in the series needs to be represented there one way or another.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, people would wonder what it is and look it up. But then wouldn't they be confused about why it isn't from either of Ike's games when he's playable? A similar situation happened when FE7 came out. People out west kept asking "are Marth and Roy in this game?" I still think a Tellius stage is most likely what's going to be in the Wii U version because of this alone.

But I STILL never said that Jugdral can't have any trophies or music. I agree that every game in the series needs to be represented there one way or another.

Oh, you're right, you did mention that. Sorry about that.

This is some of the reason that I honestly think that they should have chosen Anna for the rep instead of Ike honestly. That way, when people ask "Is Anna in this game?" You can point them to pretty much any of the game in the series. As opposed to Ike, that's from the ones that are on the Gamecube and Wii. Though, they might put them on the shop or have a rerelease so who knows?

As for Japanese appeal, I think they could put those characters in as stickers or trophies. I'd think that was good enough honestly. Admittedly, it IS kind of awkward having characters appear that people cannot get access to.

Oh, you're right, you did mention that. Sorry about that.

This is some of the reason that I honestly think that they should have chosen Anna for the rep instead of Ike honestly. That way, when people ask "Is Anna in this game?" You can point them to pretty much any of the game in the series. As opposed to Ike, that's from the ones that are on the Gamecube and Wii. Though, they might put them on the shop or have a rerelease so who knows?

As for Japanese appeal, I think they could put those characters in as stickers or trophies. I'd think that was good enough honestly. Admittedly, it IS kind of awkward having characters appear that people cannot get access to.

the problem is that only a handful of people know who anna is, and she doesn't play a big role in any way in any of the games.

Edit: actually, she did something in awakening, so I'll give her that.

Edited by Comet

Yeah, people would wonder what it is and look it up. But then wouldn't they be confused about why it isn't from either of Ike's games when he's playable? A similar situation happened when FE7 came out. People out west kept asking "are Marth and Roy in this game?"

Yeah, and after that, they got an answer.

It's almost as if they... *gasp* LOOKED IT UP AND FOUND OUT!

Chapter 1-P Under Grey Skies

2992.png

At Daein.

Also should have this track

...and should show Micaiah and Sothe as they throw things at the competers with dirks and spells.

Edited by Bimbo

Yeah, and after that, they got an answer.

It's almost as if they... *gasp* LOOKED IT UP AND FOUND OUT!

It still caused the exact same confusion.

But regardless, I still don't see how it makes sense for Ike's stage to be from a continent he has nothing to do with. And generally, SSB's stages relate to the characters in the roster. Eldin Bridge for TP Link, Pirate Ship from TWW for Toon Link, Luigi's Mansion for Luigi, and so on. There have been exceptions (such as Gerudo Valley in SSB4), but they're special cases (TP Link doesn't have a handheld game and Toon Link already got the Spirit Train from Spirit Tracks).

As such, the Wii U FE stage will be something from Tellius because it relates to Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

afuckingmen. for god's sake, tellius has hogged the ssb spotlight enough.

A bit late, but I felt the need to comment on this.

I think the main reason Tellius "dominated" Brawl's FE representation was because it was the only FE series with ready-made 3D models to use. Unlike Melee, Brawl mostly just ripped 3D models from their original games (except for characters who were ATs or something). It wasn't just for FE, which is why series like Yoshi got so few trophies (that series was almost entirely sprite based at the time).

Still doesn't excuse the lack of stickers though. Hopefully this time around Smash will be kinder to the games that invented the f***ing weapon triangle.

Edited by shinpichu

It still caused the exact same confusion.

But regardless, I still don't see how it makes sense for Ike's stage to be from a continent he has nothing to do with. And generally, SSB's stages relate to the characters in the roster. Eldin Bridge for TP Link, Pirate Ship from TWW for Toon Link, Luigi's Mansion for Luigi, and so on. There have been exceptions (such as Gerudo Valley in SSB4), but they're special cases (TP Link doesn't have a handheld game and Toon Link already got the Spirit Train from Spirit Tracks).

As such, the Wii U FE stage will be something from Tellius because it relates to Ike.

Tons of characters in Brawl didn't get stages (including Ike!) so there's very little evidence to support such a theory.

But you're assuming there's only going to be one FE stage. I never said the Jugdral stage had to be the sole FE stage. You assumed that on your own.

But if that's the case, I can see an Archaneia stage showing up first. Marth is long overdue a home stage, along with Bowser.

Ike got Castle Siege. As did Marth. It was a generic FE stage, so it represented them both. It had common elements from their games, like a castle and soldiers.

By stages that represent characters I mean locations that are strict to those characters or the specific game they were in. You specifically mentioned Luigi's Mansion for Luigi and Pirate Ship for TLink. Generic stages represent series, not characters.

By stages that represent characters I mean locations that are strict to those characters or the specific game they were in. You specifically mentioned Luigi's Mansion for Luigi and Pirate Ship for TLink. Generic stages represent series, not characters.

Exactly. And now that there's most likely going to be three fire emblem characters in ssb4, they need to stop screwing around with the generic crap. There should be at least two stages, one from Tellius and one from Awakening or a Marth game, representing the specific characters.

I'm not saying I want stages from those backgrounds, but it's probably the most likely to happen.

Edited by Master Awesome

There is one from Awakening already, Arena Ferox. But SSB games don't get more than one FE stage per game. The Wii U stage will most likely be a Tellius stage since those games are more recent and have 3D graphics to work from already.

Edited by Anacybele

There is one from Awakening already, Arena Ferox. But SSB games don't get more than one FE stage per game.

There's absolutely no way to assert that this is going to be the case in Smash Wii U. None at all.

Yes there is. There isn't any way to know for sure at this time, but given SSB's track record of FE stages, I think it's safe to guess that there will only be one FE stage in the 3DS version and only one in the Wii U version.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes there is. There isn't any way to know for sure at this time, but given SSB's track record of FE stages, I think it's safe to guess that there will only be one FE stage in the 3DS version and only one in the Wii U version.

Going by that logic, Ike wouldn't be back.

Also, what "track record?" There has been exactly one game with an FE stage. Not nearly enough to establish a "track record."

What are you talking about? This is about stages, not characters.

And Melee was going to have one FE stage. Brawl had one FE stage. That's what I'm talking about. There's no indication that either of these games were planned to have more than one.

And Melee was going to have one FE stage. Brawl had one FE stage. That's what I'm talking about. There's no indication that either of these games were planned to have more than one.

There's no indication that this game is planned to have only one (per version).

Is what they are saying.

There's no proof that the game WILL have more than one either though, is what I'm saying. So for now, I'm sticking to the assumption that there will only be one stage per version of the game.

If I'm wrong and there's two, that's awesome, I'd love that. But if I'm right, well, I'm right.

Edited by Anacybele

the problem is that you're basing your statements on a trend between two games, which isn't much.

Edited by Comet

It's still something though.

Look, it's not like I don't want two FE stages in the Wii U version. I'm all for it. I'm just saying that I think a Tellius stage is much more likely to happen than a Jugdral one.

Yeah, if people are thinking any continent other than Akaneia, Tellius, or [uh, is it still called Akaneia in Awakening?] will get a stage in SSB4, you're really stretching. Trophies, stickers, music and the like is fair game, but I doubt stages will go that far.

I do think a Tower of Guidance stage could be really cool, especially if some of the bosses make an appearance, especially Ashera.

It's Ylisse in Awakening and as I said, we have an Awakening stage in the 3DS version already. :P

And it's not even "Akaneia" in Marth's English game either, it's Archanea. lol

I agree though, the Tower of Guidance would be sweet. We'll just have to see if Sakurai shows us anything at E3!

I didn't play Marth's games enough to keep up with the localized titles.

And isn't Ylisse just one country, not the whole continent? (I'm bad at geography)

Yes, I know we have Arena Ferox. I said we can't expect any but these three settings to have stages.