Ike's return could mean we're to get a Tellius stage for Wii U! Which would you like to see?

Anacybele

I mean come on, I can't see why we WOULDN'T get a Tellius stage at this point for the WiI U version. They're the only recent home console Fire Emblem titles and Ike of all people comes from them.

I've got a few ideas I'd like to put in a poll, but for some reason, I'm unable to make any (nothing happens when I click the manage poll button). But I explain them below anyway. Which one would you like best? Or if you have another idea, explain your choice that isn't already listed! :)

Kauku Caves: This infamous location is from Radiant Dawn, which Ike's new design is taken from. It's known for its falling flaming rocks that cause damage to units on both sides of the battle. Ike's group winds up having to go through the deadly place to get back to Gallia. Castle Siege in Brawl had a similar section, except the falling rocks weren't a stage hazard. This is my favorite chapter in RD though, so I'd SO love to see it! And falling rocks as an actual stage hazard this time? Talk about intense FUN! :D Definitely my top pick!

Castle Crimea: This was the endgame of Path of Radiance. Not too far-fetched, and Crimea IS Ike's homeland. It's a beautiful setting for a battlefield too. I feel it's the least likely choice here, but still has a chance. :)

Greil Mercenaries' Fort: I don't think this needs any explanation lol. Would be my second pick. ^^

Riven Bridge: This is one of the few locations in Tellius that was a chapter in BOTH games. It's the bridge that connects Crimea to Daein. Definitely has a shot. And it had pit traps too, which actually exist in Smash as well. Would be my third pick. I actually made a stage in Brawl with the stage builder and called it Riven Bridge too. lol

Tower of Guidance: The big gun location of Radiant Dawn! It's the tower where Ike and his party climb to the top to put an end to Ashera's shenanigans once and for all, and where Ike finally defeats his nemesis the Black Knight. I'm not quite sure how this would work in Smash exactly, but knowing Sakurai, he would find a way. :)

Take your pick or post your own idea! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it many times, but Castle Nox is my choice. This is where FE01 Chapter 3-13 takes place, and since it's one of the few maps that features both the Dawn Brigade and the Greil Mercenaries, it could set itself up nicely for cameos. It's also a very memorable moment of FE10.

Ana's choices are all good, except the Kauku Caves to be honest. I feel it's one of FE10's most generic maps, and fire caves really aren't something that Fire Emblem is well remembered for.

Fire caves appear in more than one game though, don't they? I think there's one in Binding Blade and one in Sacred Stones, right?

I won't be mad if the Kauku Caves don't get in though, I just really want a Tellius stage at all. :P

I like this topic. :D Hmm... lol up in the air Part 2 Prolouge FE10! No but Griel Mercenaries Fort or... Castle Crima Courtyard. Any I'm ok with though really.

I don't see why it wouldn't be the tower of guidance. They're clearly focusing more on Radiant Dawn (given by Ike's manlyness), so naturally they'd put Radiant Dawn's most iconic and important level in.

I'm not saying I want the tower of guidance (I'd much rather have the fort or castle Crimea), but it seems like the most likely choice. But who knows, I've been wrong many times before.

Fire caves appear in more than one game though, don't they? I think there's one in Binding Blade and one in Sacred Stones, right?

They do, but they're hardly the most remembered FE locations. The desert maps are more iconic by comparison.

Serenes Forest itself comes to mind (In the state it was back when FE9 Ch. 17 started comes to mind).

Make it transform between that, growing into the full forest from Reyson's song, and burning it from the Serenes Massacre. So you go through all three stages.

They do, but they're hardly the most remembered FE locations. The desert maps are more iconic by comparison.

Oh, I see. The Kauku Caves were personally more memorable to me than any of the desert maps I've done, but whatevs. :P

I doubt there's going to be a Jugdral or Archanea stage. Nobody outside Japan knows the former, really, and I think if Sakurai wanted something from Archanea, he would've done so by now since Marth's been in Smash since Melee.

Oh, I see. The Kauku Caves were personally more memorable to me than any of the desert maps I've done, but whatevs. :P

I doubt there's going to be a Jugdral or Archanea stage. Nobody outside Japan knows the former, really, and I think if Sakurai wanted something from Archanea, he would've done so by now since Marth's been in Smash since Melee.

Archanea was going to have a Melee stage but it was unfinished. Its data remains but it crashes the game trying to even access it.

For a Tellius stage I agree with Riven Bridge as the stage as its shared between both games. I'd also like to see Greils Retreat. The stone fort where Ike becomes the leader of the Mercs. It was even used in Awakening so maybe

Ah, I see. Sakurai seems to have just dropped it entirely though, because he went with a generic FE stage for Brawl...

Gebal Castle? Yeah, that place would be cool. ^^

None, I'd much rather see a Ju​gdral or Archanea stage

afuckingmen. for god's sake, tellius has hogged the ssb spotlight enough. in comparison, jugdral still has literally no representation in ssb as of yet; all the other canons are pretty bad off compared to tellius, but hell, even fe2 got a bit of music into brawl! you'd be hard-pressed among any other series represented in ssb to find an era in the series' history which is not even so much as mentioned in passing, even the near-universally loathed ones (tingle, other m). the fact that it's been thirteen years without even a single nod to jugdral is an appalling wrong and absolutely must be fixed. for a series that's supposed to be all about celebrating the history of nintendo's properties, it makes no sense to completely skip over an entire five-year chunk of fire emblem's history

i don't care how likely or unlikely it is. the battle of belhalla would be a FAR better stage choice than anything tellius has to offer

(i also don't see how "the games are japan-only" is a viable argument here. for god's sake ssb itself is a japanese game by japanese creators. not to mention, if they were so obsessive about not including japan-only content then fire emblem wouldn't have ever left japan-only status! also, all the mother 3 stuff in brawl)

side note re: archanea, while i'm at it. this is part of the reason why the arena ferox stage in 3ds is such an inferior choice. a far better option would've been the dragon's table, which not only is an actually interesting and important location in fe13, with THREE chapters devoted to it, but it'd also double very nicely as representing fe3

I'd put my money on the Tower of Guidance as well, with all the gold knights, Ashera in the background and similar things could make for an interesting stage.

I do however have a feeling it'll be something like Castle Siege again, though.

You people complaining about too much Tellius and no Jugdral are ridiculous. You DO realize that Tellius is more widely known and recognizable, don't you? And actually got games outside of Japan? Only Japanese would recognize a Jugdral stage. Westerners would just be "what the hell is this?"

Smash isn't supposed to appeal ONLY to Japanese. Westerners play it too, you know.

Some trophies and music from Jugdral isn't a bad idea though. They would at least tell players what they are.

Edited by Anacybele

You people complaining about too much Tellius and no Jugdral are ridiculous. You DO realize that Tellius is more widely known and recognizable, don't you? And actually got games outside of Japan? Only Japanese would recognize a Jugdral stage. Westerners would just be "what the hell is this?"

Smash isn't supposed to appeal ONLY to Japanese. Westerners play it too, you know.

Some trophies and music from Jugdral isn't a bad idea though. They would at least tell players what they are.

didn't the inclusion of fire emblem characters in smash outside of japan

At that point, Fire Emblem didn't have ANYTHING outside of Japan. Now that it does, it would make more sense to use what's been localized.

At that point, Fire Emblem didn't have ANYTHING outside of Japan. Now that it does, it would make more sense to use what's been localized.

or we could at least have a song or sticker for two of the thirteen games in the series? or how about the fact that nintendo is mainly in japan, and everything comes from there, like holsety said?

Let's remove Lucas from the roster while we're at it.

Ana, come on. If the mentality of keeping Japan-only stuff out of the game would have been used back at Melee then we wouldn't have gotten Marth and Roy back then and Fire Emblem might still be a Japan-only series (or localized much later on than FE7). You're basically saying "It was fine back then because I got what I wanted, but now I don't care", and that's a huge double standard. You have such a huge bias for Ike and the Tellius series that you don't even consider other people's opinions and POVs.

Personally I support the inclusion of Japan-only stuff (which Smash 3DS/Wii U already has) because it makes people aware of those games and start asking for localizations. If a Jugdral stage in Smash Wii U (which is something I DO support) leads to a FE4/FE5 remake, then by all means make it so.

You know what I think would be a pretty cool stage? The tower from the end of Radiant Dawn. Remember how the floor tiles gave different stat boost? You could have the stage offer random bonuses to characters standing in certain key places. Like a temporary spd boost or atk boost or something like that. That stage would make sense and have something kind of unique to offer to the series too.

Of course. Use the old "you're biased!" argument as soon as I bring up a solid point.

I never said Jugdral shouldn't be included AT ALL. I said trophies and music would be fine. Westerners would at least be told what the hell they are and where they're from. But an unrecognizable stage with an unrecognizable name? That would be a total blank for them.

Just because Nintendo started in Japan doesn't mean the games should only cater to Japanese. Nintendo releases their games out west, which means they need to appeal to the west and cater to the west as well. Otherwise, what's the fucking point?

EDIT: Mufanda: That's the Tower of Guidance, which I listed. :P

Edited by Anacybele

You know what I think would be a pretty cool stage? The tower from the end of Radiant Dawn. Remember how the floor tiles gave different stat boost? You could have the stage offer random bonuses to characters standing in certain key places. Like a temporary spd boost or atk boost or something like that. That stage would make sense and have something kind of unique to offer to the series too.

i always liked the idea of it being a stage too. i thought of it being like halberd or lumiose city in the way that the stage moves. it would go from the bottom, where everybody's fighting off the disciples, to the top, where ashera would be, and also with some intermediate area between them.

Of course. Use the old "you're biased!" argument as soon as I bring up a solid point.

I never said Jugdral shouldn't be included AT ALL. I said trophies and music would be fine. Westerners would at least be told what the hell they are and where they're from. But an unrecognizable stage with an unrecognizable name? That would be a total blank for them.

Just because Nintendo started in Japan doesn't mean the games should only cater to Japanese. Nintendo releases their games out west, which means they need to appeal to the west and cater to the west as well. Otherwise, what's the fucking point?

EDIT: Mufanda: That's the Tower of Guidance, which I listed. :P

akaneia was almost included in melee as a stage, when it was still japan only, so there's still the possibility of a jugdral stage.

you also said this yourself, "unrecognizable stage with an unrecognizable name." wouldn't a lot of people be curious about this, and try to find out what it is? that's how a good portion of the people discovered what fire emblem is, with seeing it in melee and wondering, "what the heck is this?" there would surely be a lot more people that would know what jugdral is then.

Edited by Comet

Again, apply this logic to Melee. We wouldn't have gotten Marth and Roy and FE might still be a Japan-only series.

One of the things about Smash Bros. is that it brings awareness on players about things they didn't know about. It's not just about stuff that is exclusive to one region, but also stuff that they simply didn't know existed. Some people didn't know of ROB or the Ice Climbers or Ness or even Captain Falcon until Smash came along, and those series were all released outside Japan. Some things are always going to draw blanks on people, but human nature will bring them to investigate and find out where it's from, and they'll discover that it could be something they missed or something that was never released in their country.

You can include things only from Japan (even something as big as stages and even characters) and still have the game cater to westerners. Melee and Brawl did, and nobody rejected those games because of it.