Invite to Game of Thrones boardgame

Esau of Isaac

I have a thread in FFtF where I'm trying to recruit some members to play the boardgame of Game of Thrones online. Tryhard recommended I try posting a topic here to get some peeps, even though it's not specifically a roleplaying game. You could always roleplay as your house, though, and since it encourages diplomacy between players once you start it could encourage others to join in.

All I gotta say is if you can't get people even here, I dunno what to tell you.

(except find a better board than sf)

Edited by Tryhard

I don't know about boardgames so much, but there's supposedly a lot of role-playing stuffs played online, at least, at the website roll20, assuming you aren't already aware of the name

Sounds neat as a strategy/potential rp sort of thing, though I haven't sunk into GoT myself. Not sure whether I should sign up, just based on that.

Eh, I wasn't so incensed about playing the game online as playing/seeing it played by members from here. Just cuz I love you guys <3

wow what a nerd

Sounds neat as a strategy/potential rp sort of thing, though I haven't sunk into GoT myself. Not sure whether I should sign up, just based on that.

Esau said there was very little in terms of spoilers, but it is a combat game after looking through the rules so it's not like you would need to know much. I haven't watched past the first season of GoT, either. Edited by Tryhard

wow what a nerd

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME ;___;

Also yeah, Rehab, you don't need to know anything about the show beyond a few of the bits I mentioned in one post. I'll consolidate all of the flavor that's relevant to the game:

House Stark rules the north from their seat in Winterfell. An ancient house, before they were united their lords ruled as kings in the north. Their flag is a direwolf over white, and they are ruled by Lord Eddard Stark, unflinchingly honorable. Their motto is "Winter is Coming."

House Baratheon rules in the east, their seat in the island Dragonstone. Of the Great Houses in Westeros they are one of the youngest. Their flag is a black stag over a yellow field, and their rulership is contested by two brothers of the late King, who was the previous head. Their motto is "Ours is the Fury."

House Greyjoy rules in the west, their seat in the Iron Islands' capital of Pyke. A fierce house, they were recently defeated in a rebellion. Their flag is a gold kraken over a black field, and they are ruled by the defiant Balon Greyjoy. Their motto is "We do not sow."

House Lannister rules in the west, from their seat in Lannisport. An ambitious house, in the series the Lannisters generally represent villainy, as they connive as well and better than their peers. Their flag is a golden lion over a red field, and they are ruled by Tywin Lannister. Their motto is "Hear me Roar," though they are equally if not more well known for the words "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts."

House Tyrell rules in the southwest, from their seat in Highgarden. A populous house, it is the most singly strong because of the fertile lands it resides in. Their flag is a golden rose on a green field, and they are lead by Mace Tyrell. Their motto is "Growing Strong."

House Martell rules in the southeast, from their seat in Sunspear. A very independent and reclusive house, they are known for their indomitable spirit. Their flag is a golden spear thrust through a red sun, over an orange field. Their motto is "Unbowed, unbent, unbroken."

These houses are all vying for control of the continent of Westeros. In the north lies the aptly named Wall, a three hundred foot tall wall that stretches for hundreds of miles in either direction. It's been manned by the Night's Watch since time immemorial to defend against dangers that lie on the other side. Today, those manning the Wall defend against incursions from barbarians called wildlings, protecting the kingdoms of Westeros from their vicious assault. Legends hold that once they defended against a far more sinister foe, but if there ever was such a foe they haven't been seen for thousands of years.

Edited by Esau of Isaac