Chapters that require to escape in # of turns?

Yeah, I'm like REALLY late coming into this game. My brother got it just a few days ago.

I was playing Chapter 1-1, and I realized I was on turn 10, so I had Leonardo, Edward, and Micaiah escape, but I left Nolan there because he had to kill the last enemy in order for the others to escape. Now I'm afraid of saving because I think that I lost Nolan, by not escaping him.

So my question is, will Nolan (or anyone that doesn't escape) be left behind (like permanent death) if I don't make them escape with the others?

Edited by Carter

Nope, you only need to make Micaiah escape, the others won't die or be left behind. The difference of them escaping before Micaiah (or the main character, in general) is that you get extra BEXP.

edit: Also, YAY you got RD congrats, you won't regret it :awesome:

Edited by Quintessence

Nope, you only need to make Micaiah escape, the others won't die or be left behind. The difference of them escaping before Micaiah (or the main character, in general) is that you get extra BEXP.

This. I think only FE5 makes you lose characters if they don't escape first, and even then they aren't dead; you can recover them later on.

edit: Also, YAY you got RD congrats, you won't regret it :awesome:

This as well :^_^: Hope you enjoy, it's one of the best games imo

Don't worry. Nolan isn't captured.

1-3 is the second and last escape misson in FE10.

You also can get bexp., if you finish a chapter in a specific number of turns ("turn bonus") and let all your units escape. Bexp. is a nice bounty, so I would do it.

In 1-3 you can already escape with all your units before the last group of reinforcements appear.

Killing enemies gives your units more regular exp. than the bexp. for turn bonus. Personally I would recommed to kill all the enemies instead of getting the "turn bonus", but that's just a question of taste.

Here's an overview about th bexp.:

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/bonus.html

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

This. I think only FE5 makes you lose characters if they don't escape first, and even then they aren't dead; you can recover them later on.

Yeah, but it's really really late into the game.

Also, these escape chapters are only in Part 1 IIRC so it's not a big deal longterm.

Actually, I don't think 1-1 gives you Bonus XP for letting units other than Micky escape. Convenient, since two soldiers appear on the exact turn you're liable to be escaping.

1-1 Doesn't give bexp for units escaping before macaiah(even if it did it would be so insignificant because 4 units). 1-3 does though.

Actually, I don't think 1-1 gives you Bonus XP for letting units other than Micky escape. Convenient, since two soldiers appear on the exact turn you're liable to be escaping.

Ty. I didn't know it. This makes the "escape" mission in 1-1 kinda pointless.