Which male & female confessions from Awakening do you like the most?

Modern

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it isn't jealousy, it's more the fact that I can't bring myself to have my Avatar "betray" Frederick and the fact that I just love him as a character.

But isn't that kind of the same thing? In the context of feeling "loyalty" for and "having to marry" a fictional character, at least.

On my end, I don't consider my avatars to be self-inserts or an extension of me in any way (since most of them aren't even my gender), but I see them as OCs with vastly different personalities from "canon avatar". If I try to marry a character whom my current avatar's imagined personality clashes with, I just create a new avatar to marry someone else.

Which brings me to the topic of the confessions, I personally think all of them suck. =/ I just marry whoever I like as a character and/or who I want to use in that file. Like … Miriel is my favorite female character and I marry her more often than anyone else, but the supports aren't good and the confession isn't great either, nor am I going to act like it is touching when it's not.

As an Inigo fanboy, I have to agree that his japanese confession line (His line, not the voice acting sadly) was a lot better than his english one.

I also just think that his Japanese voice fit a lot better than his English one. The English one was wayy too deep in my opinion, but I still enjoyed his confession. I don't dig his relationship with Female Avatar though, his attitude with Morgan as his son really bugs me.

You know, while I definitely love the fun you can have with the confessions in game... A lot of the bitterness I hold for the Awakening fandom was caused by it.

I hope that none of you here are as bad as I've seen.

Especially when being "loyal" to 2D characters like this:
tumblr_inline_mzkkjfRGxi1rb9mmp.png

Yeeahh, that side of the Awakening fandom kinda creeps me out; I think the confession blogs have the worst culprits, usually. I guess it's nice to see people enjoying the characters...?

I have to admit though, his English one almost made it sound like he was fangasming over his new wife.

Kinda why i like it so much. Hes just so...animated about it. Hue

But isn't that kind of the same thing? In the context of feeling "loyalty" for and "having to marry" a fictional character, at least.

In the context of feeling some sense of loyalty, yeah, it is the same. But not in terms of jealousy or anything. It's not a case of me not wanting Frederick to marry anyone else, especially since I like him with several ladies. So I'm not being jealous of anything. :P

Also, I don't consider my Avatar to be a an extension of myself or anything either. She IS partly a self-insert, but she still has characteristics that I don't have as well, so she's also an original character in her own right. And notice how I never say "I married Frederick." I always say "My Avatar married Frederick."

So even if it was a case of jealousy, it would be my Avatar getting jealous, not myself. lol

Edited by Anacybele

In the context of feeling some sense of loyalty, yeah, it is the same. But not in terms of jealousy or anything. It's not a case of me not wanting Frederick to marry anyone else, especially since I like him with several ladies. So I'm not being jealous of anything. :P

Also, I don't consider my Avatar to be a an extension of myself or anything either. She IS partly a self-insert, but she still has characteristics that I don't have as well, so she's also an original character in her own right. And notice how I never say "I married Frederick." I always say "My Avatar married Frederick."

So even if it was a case of jealousy, it would be my Avatar getting jealous, not myself. lol

Would you be able to create a female avatar who's not Kelli then and marry her to someone else besides Frederick? Because that's basically what I did.

I have to admit though, his English one almost made it sound like he was fangasming over his new wife.

and that is why Dan Woren is a boss

Would you be able to create a female avatar who's not Kelli then and marry her to someone else besides Frederick? Because that's basically what I did.

I thought about that, and yeah, I probably could. But I just like Freddy and Kelli together so much that it's hard to stray away from them lol. Plus, my next playthrough is planned to be a Frederick's family run that includes those two, so yeah. :P

How about this: Just have a run where you pair Chrom and yourself. Don't think about it, just do it. Also, skip all the cutscenes so you don't have to think about your choices until after Chapter 11. I guarantee that regardless of how insane your husbandoism is, you'll still feel like Lucina is your daughteru.

Males:Yarne, Gaius, Lon'qu

Females:Cherche, Tiki, and Lucina

Yarne's takes the cake though XD

Male: Virion, Chrom, Yarne, Stahl

Virion's and Chrom's have already been talked about here, and I don't have anything new to say. It's great seeing Virion get flustered. Yarne's is hilarious, and Stahl's is just really genuine. He's an honest guy, y'know?

Female: Sully, Cherche, Aversa (mostly the entire s-support)

Male: Virion, Chrom, Yarne, Stahl

Virion's and Chrom's have already been talked about here, and I don't have anything new to say. It's great seeing Virion get flustered. Yarne's is hilarious, and Stahl's is just really genuine. He's an honest guy, y'know?

Female: Sully, Cherche, Aversa (mostly the entire s-support)

I find Stahl to be one of the more underrated lovers in the game, his confession was great and his love seemed pretty genuine.

Stahl would've been my choice of husband for the Avatar if it wasn't for Frederick. He's awesome indeed and I kinda have a thing for knights. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I totally self inserted with my first and only MaMU file. Self inserting is fun when you don't take it too seriously. There's really no shame in it. The point of an avatar is to self insert. Still I care about gameplay more than waifus so I always pick FeMU because Galeforce. Also, Male Morgan is cooler than Female Morgan.

Walhart

Olivia's and Sumia's are cute, as is Stahl's. I also like Tharja's in a kind of morbid way. Henry's is funny. Chrom's and Priam's are kind of boring and generic. Libra's is overblown (I think it has the most animation). And in actuality, Walhart's is terrifying.

...No thank you. Being the anti-Chrom x Avatar fan I am, I will NEVER do that pairing. Sorry.

Why do I even try with these kinds of people...

Because "shame to famiry"?

I mean, Awakening takes a lot of flak for this.

Sure, the point to make money was to appeal to *that* side of people... but man, I haven't seen this extreme of waifu/husbando-ism since... browsing forums with Visual Novels, really.

...Besides confessions that are fully voiced scenes in those kinds of games are much more worth if you're going to go that dark road.

It's like people expect praise for having a "2D family" in this game.

The explosions of Awakening fanfiction at FF.net...

And it's not even the smut that's bad... just the fact that people take the vision of their lovely spouse from the confession image and voice work... they become so OOC being so madly in love with their MU... man.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Walhart

Olivia's and Sumia's are cute, as is Stahl's. I also like Tharja's in a kind of morbid way. Henry's is funny. Chrom's and Priam's are kind of boring and generic. Libra's is overblown (I think it has the most animation). And in actuality, Walhart's is terrifying.

Walhart's is not terryifying, it's glorious. You take that back right now, you heathen. I didn't realize how amazing Walhart's hair was until I saw his confession. And once again, it's still one of the best supports in the whole game. /rant

"These kinds of people"? Really? Was that necessary? She doesn't like pair, so she won't do it. Simple as that. I don't think not doing something because you don't like it is a foreign concept.

I mean, Awakening takes a lot of flak for this.

Sure, the point to make money was to appeal to *that* side of people... but man, I haven't seen this extreme of waifu/husbando-ism since... browsing forums with Visual Novels, really.

...Besides confessions that are fully voiced scenes in those kinds of games are much more worth if you're going to go that dark road.

It's like people expect praise for having a "2D family" in this game.

The explosions of Awakening fanfiction at FF.net...

And it's not even the smut that's bad... just the fact that people take the vision of their lovely spouse from the confession image and voice work... they become so OOC being so madly in love with their MU... man.

Self insert character + a pool of characters of the opposie gender you can marry + making a kid with said character of the opposite gender = a strong recipe for Fanfics and waifu/husbando loons. It's something that can be pretty fun, but there will always be the group of people that take it too far (which applies to just about everyhing).

I love Olivia's japanese confession(because her voice seems weird to me in english) Cherche's and Sumia's confession. On the male side, I like Inigo's(I really don't care if he cheats) Henry's(up to the point where the moment is ruined and I laugh my head off) and Gerome's confession.

It's something that can be pretty fun, but there will always be the group of people that take it too far (which applies to just about everyhing).

Reading the "flashback" of the OOC characters to a confession from the game is absolutely hilarious.

Walhart's is not terryifying, it's glorious. You take that back right now, you heathen. I didn't realize how amazing Walhart's hair was until I saw his confession. And once again, it's still one of the best supports in the whole game. /rant

He doesn't have any pupils...

Heh. But regardless, whatever.

I didn't even realize he had hair until I saw his confession.