Map Sprite not functioning?

Fateborn

Trying to import Wyvern Knight.

Got the standing to function, but...

vkBIYWD.png

It goes derp like this.

UcKaBdL.png

I'm using Eliwood's map sprite for wyvern knight since I don't really need those lords.

tIfFMeK.png

Standing sprite was inserted into D8D000

Misc was inserted into the one afterward which is D8D210.

...I'm not so sure anymore.

Edited by Fateborn

you need the extra data for the wyvern knight, rip it out of fe8

also what are you doing lol, your animation pointer is flipped with the graphics one

graphics are the actual graphic

the animation pointer is the extra data I mentioned

Edited by Skitty of Time

I assume the extra data is on Another pointer.

But GBAGE doesn't show that as compressed image. Or rather, it's not possible to use compressed image option for that numbers.

Well. I managed to figure out something, but the idle cursor on the sprite doesn't function, but instead of eliwood, it's a cavalier.

The moving one works fine now.

what did you even do

Followed Arch's tutorial to the letter since the beginning.

All I did was switching the eliwood one with wyvern lord now, since it's apparent that a class's map animation goes off the misc on that class instead of the standing map sprite's twin.

It's not as simple as switching out two map sprites that exists on the same file.

Edited by Fateborn

UPDATE

Welp. The animation changed to an archer.

I didn't touch anything, all I did was testing out the file, same file had cavalier at start, now it's an archer.

Edit:

Seems the UP movement animation for wy.knight is missing.

Edited by Fateborn

-scratch head-

Let's see. I ripped and saved those two files from fe8 through GBAGE and kept them after few failed attempts.

Today I decided to try again.

Went into HxD.

Found d8d000 is empty.

GBAGE imports the standing one into D8D000.

Rechecked HxD, scrolled down pass D8D000's filling to find empty space. D8D210 was the next. (Unless somehow it had a tiny bit piece of the d8d000's insert in it)

Imported misc into d8d210.

Adjusted the sprites in nightmare accordingly.

Double checked as needed.

Even went as far to use 0x00 for standing sprite since I wasn't in mood finding just what the other 0xXX were for save for 0x01 and 0x02. (And I obviously can't change 0x01 because it's the MC)

Edited by Fateborn

I tried it again with a fresh version, still same. I'm not sure what's wrong.

The problem is 100% Misc's Graphic Pointer...

Edited by Fateborn

Update

Having problem with palette it seems.

Since GBAGE isn't letting me compress the one from FE8 to import, I used the one you posted. It has weird palette problem.

QxbKeQj.pngB8zkYeY.png

Today is just not my day.

Edited by Fateborn

First of all, GBAGE did not export the entire image because you didn't set the Y-tiles value high enough, so it stops reading for the graphics at a certain point. You need to increase this next time.

Secondly, how did you insert the image that Cam posted? Did you save it and then insert it into the game? Or did you do something to it in another program such as Paint? If you did the latter then the palette will have been screwed up which will naturally cause many issues with the palette. Open the file in Usenti--if it displays only one set of palettes on the side, you know you fucked up. If it has several, you should not be getting this issue.

Edited by Agro

First of all, GBAGE did not export the entire image because you didn't set the Y-tiles value high enough, so it stops reading for the graphics at a certain point. You need to increase this next time.

Yeah, just realized.

Secondly, how did you insert the image that Cam posted? Did you save it and then insert it into the game? Or did you do something to it in another program such as Paint? If you did the latter then the palette will have been screwed up which will naturally cause many issues with the palette. Open the file in Usenti--if it displays only one set of palettes on the side, you know you fucked up. If it has several, you should not be getting this issue.

All I did was save it using paint, didn't touch anything else.

I checked and saved with Usenti it was fine, but it still fucks the palette in game regardless.

You might want to check your source image, the last frame is all jumbled. Might take some fixing on your end.