[FE10] Keeping it Casual

solrocknroll

Ah, that rout draft 2-1 craziness. Never.ever.again. I still remember how some enemies dont even move at times and in others they do in the same situation. It's so dumb lol. Much rigging wow.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we make 2-1 free I wish I'd have known ahead of time since it's a bit too late to go back and redo it and take my time for the pass scroll/levels on Neph

If we make 2-1 free I wish I'd have known ahead of time since it's a bit too late to go back and redo it and take my time for the pass scroll/levels on Neph

Usually it's free and aside from Pass, you don't lose out on that much Neph exp. This is a casual draft taken seriously anyway. o.o

[spoiler=Part 2 grossness]2-P 8 turns
Marcia gives Neal all of her weapons so he can pass them to Neph for 2-2, NPC Haar does stuff. None of these units are on my team so I just hid in the corner.
2-1 FREE!
Thank God it's free. Brom kills things and I get the Goddess Icon and Heather. Brom also gets the bosskill and gets...a bad level up! Brom sucks! Wow!
2-2 5 turns
Last really frustrating chapter for a while. Neph was my free unit. Brom still sucks. Nephenee got a perfect level, with magic and everything, making Brom look even worse. I h8 you Brom.
2-3 5 turns
BEXP Geoffrey a level so he gets max strength. I buy a hammer, a killer bow, a horseslayer, and a Steel longbow. The hammer and horseslayer stay in the convoy and Astrid takes the bows. Astrid gets 2 amazing level ups this chapter and also gets me the Speedwings. I <3 Astrid. She's getting all the P2 BEXP when she comes back.
2-E 1+4 turns
Elincia penalty mhm mhm.

My P1 and P2 teams may have been a little lacking, but now my team finally gets to prove its worth in my favorite part of this game, Part 3!!

Edited by Mar Mar

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, July 4, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, July 4, 2014 - No reason given

Edit: Oops, got click happy.

Edited by Rinoa Heartilly

My P1 and P2 teams may have been a little lacking, but now my team finally gets to prove its worth in my favorite part of this game, Part 3!!

Yeah.There's always a part that validates your picks. Part 1 and 4 is where my picks (like Fiona or Mist) shine.

Should I send Zihark to the Merc? I mean, I need him for P1, but in Part 3, I'm planning on Volug and Fiona to do most of the dirty work in P3. That's why I nabbed the energy drop Because I feel he'd go great as Gatrie's murder buddy.

3-6 is my favorite chapter in the game

Yeah.There's always a part that validates your picks. Part 1 and 4 is where my picks (like Fiona or Mist) shine.

Should I send Zihark to the Merc? I mean, I need him for P1, but in Part 3, I'm planning on Volug and Fiona to do most of the dirty work in P3. That's why I nabbed the energy drop Because I feel he'd go great as Gatrie's murder buddy.

I personally would leave Zihark with the DB because I feel like you will need him there more. I've never had him or Volug in a draft but I'd imagine that Zihark>Volug at killing Ike. Maybe somebody with more experience can give you some better reasoning but I'm pretty sure Zihark should stay where he is.

So just wondering, what's the standard strategy for 4-2 when your strongest unit doesn't have 2 range? Also, like I promised here's the 3-1.

I've finished part 3 so like I promised here's the 3-1 strat. Here's one variation. Titania goes east and visits the blue gem house, then cantos as far right as she can go until she bumps into a general. Shinon moves up and attacks a halberdier with the Crossbow. Ike goes and kills a sniper with Ettard and orders the allies to halt. All of the other units move out of harm's way and Oscar rescues Lyre. On turn 1 enemy phase, Titania with a steel poleaxe kills all of the enemies including the haldberdier hiding in the fow. Ike needs to crit/activate Adept on the swordmaster on enemy phase. On turn 2 Shinon kills the sniper and Ike moves into the brush on the LHS of the map and allows allies to roam. Titania equips the hand axe and finishes off a general if she missed one on the previous turn (in my run she missed two) and then Cantos up to the halberdier who moved below the general on turn 1. On enemy phase Ike kills two units and weakens out or kills the general, Shinon gets attacked by a swordmaster, crit kills a halberdier with short spear and possibly a general and Titania kills every unit that attacks her. Finally on turn 3 Titania kills the general with the short axe, Ike moves up into the boss's range and Shinon equips a crossbow and visits a house (if Titania left a general behind on turn 1 Shinon will finish him off now).

Edited by Xandere

Well, depending how's your P3. I normally leave DBers on Daein's Army but as you have Volug you'll have no problem with 3-6, 3-12 or 3-13.

For 3-6 you can give either Resolve/Adept or Wrath/Adept for Vol... wait you have Zihark, derp. Anyways give Resolve or Wrath for Volug so he can fight untransformed and Crtkick enemy laguz, he'll build up his Strike rank really fast and get to S level.

For 3-12 you basically need Fiona on level 10+ on 2nd Tier or 3rd if you actually manage it. Spam Killer Lances with her and Micaiah's 1-2 range.

For 3-13 just give Wrath or Resolve to Volug again, drop his HP and own Ike. Or Sol Bow him with Fiona for shits and giggles

EDIT: Thanks Xandere, though I wonder if by PP3 Titania went up to the pacifist Halberdier and if there was a Sniper missing around the boss, besides the Steel Longbow Sniper in the beginning.

Edited by Quintessence

Well, depending how's your P3. I normally leave DBers on Daein's Army but as you have Volug you'll have no problem with 3-6, 3-12 or 3-13.

For 3-6 you can give either Resolve/Adept or Wrath/Adept for Vol... wait you have Zihark, derp. Anyways give Resolve or Wrath for Volug so he can fight untransformed and Crtkick enemy laguz, he'll build up his Strike rank really fast and get to S level.

For 3-12 you basically need Fiona on level 10+ on 2nd Tier or 3rd if you actually manage it. Spam Killer Lances with her and Micaiah's 1-2 range.

For 3-13 just give Wrath or Resolve to Volug again, drop his HP and own Ike. Or Sol Bow him with Fiona for shits and giggles

EDIT: Thanks Xandere, though I wonder if by PP3 Titania went up to the pacifist Halberdier and if there was a Sniper missing around the boss, besides the Steel Longbow Sniper in the beginning.

I mean if there was a sniper near the boss (which I don't remember there being) he was insignificant and died to Shinon along with the mage on turn 2 enemy phase.

Do you have any suggestions for a general strat for 4-2 and what the average turncount to aim for would be with said strat?

Oh, just limited to a melee unit, that'll be tough, kinda. You'll just have to stone Reyson and hit, vigor and hit again. If it's a Canto unit that'll be much easier. The regular tc is 7 irrc, but wih a 1-2 ranged one with Celerity, Reyson and a couple of units more, you can aim for a 5 or 6 turn.

edit: wait, but you have Elincia and Lucia, you're done, there's not an issue there. Just equip Elincia a Storm Sword and a Tempest Blade, give her an Arms Scroll and just mess up with positioning.

Edited by Quintessence

Well my point is, I have a tempest blade and Wind Edge, and she can't wield the tempest blade since she's a B in swords. I have no access to Storm Swords right now so they're irrelevant.

Edited by Xandere

What makes Elincia worth a second pick, besides 2-E? She sounds great on paper, but for her bases to work well, I feel she needs plenty of level-ups to get doubling and 1RKO'ing without Amiti (doesn't she want 2-range as well?).

There's like a million BEXP in Part 4 and her BEXP levels hand out a lot of str/spd ones. Rescue+flight+Tempest Blade shave some turns in 4-2.

She saves more turns than fp Heather

^ Also what he said. 2-E is a very hectic chapter without her (especially in HM) and in a close draft those 4 turns she saves alone could make the difference.

Edited by Xandere

There's like a million BEXP in Part 4 and her BEXP levels hand out a lot of str/spd ones. Rescue+flight+Tempest Blade shave some turns in 4-2.

And 4-5 :awesome:

She saves more turns than fp Heather

^ Also what he said. 2-E is a very hectic chapter without her and in a close draft those 4 turns she saves alone could make the difference.

You haven't met Calill's awesomeness :smug:

So just to clarify, Stefan is free for everyone? Also, in the desert chapter, is there a penalty if an undrafted unit is hit with an elsleep staff?