Question about recording planned runs

Junkhead

Do you guys that record planned runs (as in, plays that are based on luck and stuff) constantly have to restart the recording as you restart the game, to get the results you planned?

when im recording stuff i figure out what order dudes have to move to make what i need to happen happen beforehand so i don't have this issue. For the GBA games anyway. I'm pretty sure others do the same? I don't really understand how the DS RNG works, so if i'm recording something for that, it takes more resets usually, although there are map saves which helps alleviate this problem.

I tend to think about what i'm gonna do before I play. Then I do a test run of the chapter. Usually my plans were correct and I then proceed to record the chapter and I usually never have to re-record. Like Horace said, map saves help a lot. Sometimes when my brain isn't enough during the planning phase, I look at other playthroughs for inspiration or if that playthrough has an ideal strat, I just do it and save a lot of time then credit the other playthrough's owner.

Nope, currently, I`m doing a Manly run of Sacred Stones In another Fire Emblem page, and I never restart the chapters.

Off topic: Hi Nitros (Xator)