About Hector hard mode...

jumtrum

I'm on my way to beating HNM, then do a three way run of LHM, EHM, and HHM, but is it like, super difficult? Will I be terrified? I got this game a month ago, but I'm experienced with the series all the same, so, I'd say intermediate for me. Will I get rekt or no?

HHM is really quite easy. Especially of you take advantage of the mode's best unit (Marcus) and use other certain units made OP by HM bonuses

EDIT: Oh and stock many pure waters for Chapter 29.

Edited by chococoke

Not really, just all healers, because the enemies will most likely hit hard. Oswin and Marcus should be useful until the arena on port of Badon, right?

Marcus stays strong for a good portion of the game. And aside from Oswin, other good units such as Raven, Kent, Sain, and Florina easily help out, and then prepromotes such as Pent and Harken dominate anything in their path.

You'll be fine. CoD might cause a few problems, though, so make sure you have staff users like Priscilla around.

LHM is not tough, actually fun to play. EHM and HHM are tougher, but doable, also fun to take on. If you finish your first playthrough then you can manage well.

About my part, I liked repeatedly playing Normal modes to get all the CG and endings instead =]]

Lloyd was a bit overwhelming in CoD, had to make him break his light brand.

EDIT: Let Nino kill the res-less enemies that are near death in CoD so she can stand a chance against Lloyd if I give her guiding ring to make her a sage, right?

Edited by jumtrum

HHM is a walk in the park.

How to beat FE7:
- Train a cavalier and Florina in LHM so that they reach promotion level.
- Promote your cavalier, and slap an Angelic Robe + Energy Ring on Florina.
- From Chapter 12 onwards, spam Marcus.
- From Chapter 16 onwards, spam Marcus + your promoted cavalier + Florina + OP prepromotes you'll get (Hawkeye, Pent, Harken, Vaida).
- Save Pure Waters and 1-2 range weapons for Cog of Destiny.
- Get Filla's Might, and save a Luna tome for Athos, so that he can OHKO the final boss.

GG

Edited by Xator Nova

hector hard mode was hard for dumb 13-14 year old me, but even now i still dread that side quest with merlinus. it's a side quest, but...the money is valuable!! there's a real shortage of money in hhm until you can sell the ocean seal.

eliwood's hard mode is more like "slightly less convenient mode", really. it's almost the same thing except you can't arena abuse as much.

It's not too hard. Just make sure to not do anything stupid. If you're not sure about something, do the math to see if you'll survive.

i thought you were PKL for a second

Edited by Comet

If you are doing lyn mode before HHM it gets significantly easier. Just follow the others tips(stock pure waters for CoD, use prepromos, etc.) and you should be fine.

i thought you were PKL for a second

same

Lloyd was a bit overwhelming in CoD, had to make him break his light brand.

EDIT: Let Nino kill the res-less enemies that are near death in CoD so she can stand a chance against Lloyd if I give her guiding ring to make her a sage, right?

There are only 3 "res-less" enemies in HHM's CoD. The rest are all high powered magic units. Linus/Lloyd will be very low on your list of worries for that chapter, trust me. I suggest you look up the specific chapter, because that's the one map that obliterates runs more than any other. Of course, Harken with a few hand axes/pure waters can wreck a majority of the enemies

HHM was how do you put it...underwhelming. Some chapters were challenging, but none too hard that couldn't be beaten with the proper tactics. Especially compared to say FE6 HM.

• 2 weeks later...

hector hard mode was hard for dumb 13-14 year old me, but even now i still dread that side quest with merlinus. it's a side quest, but...the money is valuable!! there's a real shortage of money in hhm until you can sell the ocean seal.

eliwood's hard mode is more like "slightly less convenient mode", really. it's almost the same thing except you can't arena abuse as much.

Why can't you arena abuse as much in EHM? EHM has the same arena chapters, with the same Tactics requirements (if you're into that sort of thing), as HHM.

If anything, you can do more arena abuse in EHM because there are no 0-requirement chapters in EHM.

I never found HHM to be hard. I had Hector 20/16 by Final Chapter. Mainly, I used Oswin, Rebecca, Lowen, Pent, and Nino through my game. Hector became a walking lance wrecker, Oswin for blocking annoying enemy reinforcements, Rebecca because super dodgy and accurate, Lowen since he could rescue n' shit, Pent for ruining armor, and Nino for 2HKO on magic enemies.

Overall CoD was hardest since... y'know, Lloyd spamming his Light Brand, and Oswin wasn't fast enough to hit.