N64 Games Coming to Wii U VC?

DragonLord

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/20/5824436/nintendo-64-games-could-be-hitting-the-wii-u-virtual-console-soon

XYuhcQr.png

According to the report by Polygon, and a screen I took from Nintendo's official website, it looks like N64 games might arrive to Wii U's Virtual Console. I'm wondering, what N64 games would you be interested in seeing and possibly purchasing on the VC, if you have/will buy a Wii U?

Edited by DragonLord

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/20/5824436/nintendo-64-games-could-be-hitting-the-wii-u-virtual-console-soon

XYuhcQr.png

According to the report by Polygon, and a screen from Nintendo's official website, it looks like N64 games might arrive to Wii U's Virtual Console. I'm wondering, what N64 games would you be interested in seeing and possibly purchasing on the VC, if you have/will buy a Wii U?

Sin & Punishment and F-Zero X, for starters.

Seeing as N64 games were available on the Wii's VC, aren't they already available on the Wii U's VC?

The Wii U VC and Wii VC are seperate entities. While you can play Wii VC on the Wii U, it does not support using the Wii U's gamepad. The Wii U VC versions support the use of the gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller, adds in save states and other features that the original Wii VC does not support.

Edited by kingddd

The Wii U VC and Wii VC are seperate entities. While you can play Wii VC on the Wii U, it does not support using the Wii U's gamepad. The Wii U VC versions support the use of the gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller, adds in save states and other features that the original Wii VC does not support.

That's not what I asked about. The question that I asked was aren't all of the games that were available on the Wii's VC (which included some N64 games), already available on the Wii U's VC?

That's not what I asked about. The question that I asked was aren't all of the games that were available on the Wii's VC (which included some N64 games), already available on the Wii U's VC?

No. The Wii U VC are completely seperate. There isn't even a single N64 Wii U VC game yet. You can play and buy the Wii VC versions on the Wii U in the Wii Mode but that's it.

Edited by kingddd

I think it's funny that N64 emulation on the PC took decades to reach a not so acceptable state, and Nintendo with less powerful hardware is able to come up with N64 emulation of their own. N64 emulation isn't easy at all. I wonder how Nintendo does it.

Then again, considering Nintendo doesn't need to emulate all the games that came out on the N64 (only the ones they made), I believe their job is significantly easier.

I just hope they don't release Majora's Mask. I think this one needs to be remade for the 3DS with all the bells and whistles as OoT.

I just hope they don't release Majora's Mask. I think this one needs to be remade for the 3DS with all the bells and whistles as OoT.

I'm hoping we get both. Majora's Mask remastered for 3DS would be a day one purchase for me.

If they remade Majora's Mask for 3DS, I'd appreciate it if they went ahead and included a full-on Master Quest mode. None of the other games in the series have ever had one quite like Ocarina of Time (aside from the original Zelda's Second Quest, but still)

The N64 VC haven't shown up on Wii U's eShop along with the WiiWare. (I did checked around on the eShop and they have the NES, SNES, but not the N64 yet)

But, I kinda wondered how they didn't showed the N64 VC and the WiiWare in the Wii U eShop list, but they can only be downloaded through ticket code since, the Nintendo 3DS eShop did show DSiWare games in the list?

Edited by King Marth 64

Wow really? VC is the worst possible thing; quit making money off of old stuff and make some new stuff that isn't an NSMB clone.

Yes, N64 games are the best games. This kind of crap is why.