Havel the Rock: 12 portraits (FE8/11/12 characters). Opened August 5th 2014: ->
Great Witch: 1 new character portrait. Opened July 27, 2014: ->
Brendor: 1 portrait. (Legend of Zelda Beedle). Opened July 21, 2014: ->

AthenaWyrm: 1 portrait (Sword Girls characters) Opened July 17, 2014: ->
Ash/Alm: 6 portraits (FE2 characters). Opened July 12, 2014: ->

Map Requests:
None.

Battlesprite and Misc Requests:
RikuTheHedgehog: 1 complete battle sprite (Soul Reaper). Opened July 9th, 2014, needed by November: ->
Great Witch: 1 complete battle sprite and corresponding map sprite. Opened July 16th, 2014: ->

Edited by Lenh

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purpose of this thread:

To easily make and seek out requests, and to highlight the varied levels of SF's spriting members in a single location.

[spoiler="Making a Request" FAQ]

Just post that you're seeking help on the thread. If you'd like it on the first post, please format it using the form below.

Suggested Items to have in a request:
Who? : Who you are
Project (if applicable) : Project Name and link to project thread, if task is part of a larger project
Task : What you actually want done, or what sort of role needs to be filled
Timeframe : When you'd like the item completed, or how long you expect the project to take/last
Compensation : Any compensation offered, whether name credit, trade in services, personal thanks, financial offering, or up to private negotiation.
Any other specifics you feel is relevant (exclusivity rights, right to modify work afterwards, what skill level you're looking for, etc).

Special notes about putting out a request:
- By default (unless they specify or you request otherwise), an artist will retain all rights to their image and are free to do what they see fit with the product after the request is completed.
- If you no longer need a request or it has been fulfilled privately, please let us know! It will then be removed from the list.
- Requests that have gone stagnant (user and/or project inactive for an extended period of time) or past its desired completion date will be removed from the list

[spoiler=Member FAQ]

Do I need to be a member of the Guild to take requests?

Nope! If you're a member of Serene's Forest and are capable of fulfilling the task, go ahead and take the request! Being a part of the Guild means you're included in the index, and that only makes it easier for others to view your competencies and facilitate skill-trades more easily.

Listing your availability:
There will be a poll where you can list and update your availability status. You can also make a post broadcasting that you are going to or no longer be available for requests or would like to volunteer for particular requests for a set time, if you feel it's appropriate.

When taking a request:
Please post that you're offering to take the request so others have an idea of who else is interested in the task. It's probably best to wait for agreement with the original requestor if it's a complicated task, one with special compensation, or if multiple people are offering to take the request. Once a project/long-term request is filled, it will be archived. Small requests will remain on the board until completed and feedback is given.

Sign me up / update my skillset!:

Please fill out the survey here, and PM me or post here. The index will then be updated with your new information.

Member List:
ss2014-08-15at012145_zps51f00d8e.png

....comprehensive googledoc with userpage links here. If you would like to add to your profile, please PM me or leave a comment on the doc (I will verify before changing).

-----
Original Thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48564&st=0&p=3191500

Edited by Lenh

Also, some of us has our own 'project' that we're working on, so maybe you should include those?

For example, me and my Nemesis project.

I'd like to ask this again JIC you missed fate's question

Okay, Lenh, I'll ask my question again from the last thread, what if one of these people had a project of their own to account for?

For example... Me and my Nemesis project.

I imagine there are few of us that has a self-project so that would allows the people who make requests to account for these and perhaps be inspired to trade with them in an employment part.

Edit:

Damn it Kisara!

Edited by Fateborn

Thanks for the catch L95! (Before someone entered the survey and everything'd be glitchy again...)

About the hacks and stuff, that is useful to know and I'll have it documented and linked in a larger googledoc, but the table you see up there will have those clipped out (because some titles are very long and some have worked on a lot of projects). I'll update the sheet I have but the image up there is just a placeholder (that I have to reupload and probably won't refresh it that immediately).

Also (from the last thread) Suiloir sorry I misinterpreted, I know you did splices for a while but glad to see you on board with music. ^w^

Edited by Lenh

Thanks for the catch L95! (Before someone entered the survey and everything'd be glitchy again...)

About the hacks and stuff, that is useful to know and I'll have it documented and linked in a larger googledoc, but the table you see up there will have those clipped out (because some titles are very long and some have worked on a lot of projects). I'll update the sheet I have but the image up there is just a placeholder (that I have to reupload and probably won't refresh it that immediately).

Also (from the last thread) Suiloir sorry I misinterpreted, I know you did splices for a while but glad to see you on board with music. ^w^

Oh, I still splice, but I'm in no way on the level where I'd offer that to other people. Not with the amount of talented spriters around here. I'm happy to just do scratches/references and hand them off to much more talented artists. :)

Also, nicely done Lenh. Thank you again for doing this.

Edited by Siuloir

So, a few things:

I'm confused about the green.

Can you put a dash in portraits for me? I completely glossed over the "N/A" option on the other poll...

I'm the only 2 star hacker? I don't remember that option being tiered, just a "Do you do this?" selection.

If, in the future, you decide to add links to both project and creative threads for folks, both of my links are in my signature for your copy/pasting pleasure.

Though, admittedly, I hardly ever update either.

Yeeha. Some clean informations.

I have some not humble at all things to correct :

-You can put me in advanced for weapon icons, I already did a really huge request on it and I am found of making them so. yup

-For battle sprites. would it be possible to know if people can do animations too?

Because I'm like super bad at battle animations while making a battle sprite is definitely something I can do.

Alright! I can't wait to see this Guild start the missions!

Thanks guys, and hooray for the thread pin!

Solum, I didn't have an area specific to battle sprite animation, just animation and battle spriting separately.

Kon, gotcha set for chibis~

So, a few things:

I'm confused about the green.

Can you put a dash in portraits for me? I completely glossed over the "N/A" option on the other poll...

I'm the only 2 star hacker? I don't remember that option being tiered, just a "Do you do this?" selection.

If, in the future, you decide to add links to both project and creative threads for folks, both of my links are in my signature for your copy/pasting pleasure.

Though, admittedly, I hardly ever update either.

I've dashed out portraits for you, that makes things easier so I can remove the green shading.

More than likely I'll take out the tiering on the skills that aren't mapping or portraits, or see how easy it is to complete those sections for others. If there were any extra stars for anyone it's because someone mentioned a self-ranking on a reply (I think your case was back when we were still in weapon-style ranks.) This is pretty much still a wip sheet with cluttered info in various states of update.

I guess I'll start this off! :)

[spoiler=Portrait Request]

Who? : Haku.

Project (if applicable) : Fire Emblem Binding Blade and Demon Dragon (link currently not available).

Task: Four portraits. An older Harken and Isadora, as they would be at the time of FE6. I'm happy for a different person to complete each portrait. I'm preferably looking for advanced spriters, who are willing to do a trade in service. If anyone is interested, feel free to send me a PM so I can give you more detailed specifics :)

Timeframe : Preferably July 31st 2014 at the latest (so I can submit my project in time for FEE3).

Compensation : Two maps of any sort (it could be for your own project, or just for fun :P) for each portrait completed, and I would give the person who completes it full credit and personal thanks.

Edited by Haku

'X' Means they selected it on the survey but I don't have a relative ranking for it. There wasn't a differentiation between beginner ranked and plain unranked, so X seemed the next best thing.

Fateborn

Project: Fire Emblem: Nemesis http://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-nemesis/241

Task : Two mugs done.

Both male:

one to carry the mood of tragedy history with plenty of scars, dark bags under eyes, and a bandage to cover his wounds. He should be dressed religiously. Should be white skinned, if not tan. Should be older than fifty. Monk class.

Another to have the feeling of a captain serving his mission with cocky attitude to his face. Any color. Anywhere between 25-35 in age. General class.

They are not pair.

Timeframe : I would like them to be completed within at maximum, two months.

Compensation : Right to request me for an object within my field of work, personal gratitude, and a credit to the hack.

Please note that I reserve the right to modify it with minimal disturb to one's work if it does not look right.

Thank you.

Edited by Fateborn

So, you want someone, even if they're available today and can do it right now, to wait two months before starting?

I said to have it completed within 2 months at minimal. Did your brain misread my sentence or something?

Edit:

Wait a tic...

Edit2:

Yeah, I'm not wrong. They can submit the mug before two months, but i'd like to have it be polished and be fairly decent for my hack.

Edited by Fateborn