• Available for cleanup work
    • Available for critique/advice
    • Available for work with trade
    • Available for work with financial compensation

Fateborn

Project: Fire Emblem: Nemesis http://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-nemesis/241

Task : Two mugs done.

Both male:

one to carry the mood of tragedy history with plenty of scars, dark bags under eyes, and a bandage to cover his wounds. He should be dressed religiously. Should be white skinned, if not tan.

Another to have the feeling of a captain serving his mission with cocky attitude to his face. Any color.

Timeframe : I would like them to be completed within at maximum, two months.

Compensation : Right to request me for an object within my field of work, personal gratitude, and a credit to the hack.

Please note that I reserve the right to modify it with minimal disturb to one's work if it does not look right.

Thank you.

Are we allowed creative freedom with the ages? Should they look like a pair? What classes are they?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited the request with additional information. Religious guy is 50+ of age and is monk class, and the cocky one is anywhere between 25-35 and is general class.

I sucks at this sort of things.

Edited by Fateborn

Who?: RikuTheHedgehog.
Project (if applicable): Fire Emblem - The Four Legends.
Task: A Sprite of a Reaper of Souls, maybe animated. With normal attack, crit, that kind of stuff. Reference here and I would like to have for this character.
Timeframe: To be honest, anyone can take their time here, my patience is infinite in this one :/ It would be preferible if someone could get it done for about 4 months
Compensation: Credits in my project (or game), personal thanks. And I offer my "looping music" services, or extend a game's music. (For example: from 2 minutes to 35 minutes)

I guess this is how it has to be... right ._.; ?

Regards.

I just edited my submission Lenh to a smaller request, I only really need two portraits for the moment (Harken and Isadora's). Also I think it might be wise to start a topic for my project soon :3

Edited by Haku

This is so hard, it depends on the sprite a lot tbh :(

Fullbody: I'd say 50€, but then again it depends on details/how much time i spend on it

fullcustom mug: 20€ for a mug + 5€ for additional frames and chibi

Nihvamps: negotiable, based on size and complexity. They can go from simple touch ups and tweaks to entirely custom mugs so i can't really give my nihvamps a base price xD

Who? : NYZgamer3
Project (if applicable) : Death or Glory
Task : Two portraits
Timeframe : Before August 1st
Compensation : Personal thanks, Praise, Credits in my hacking section.

For both the portraits, I need them to be generic soldier portraits. One for an active soldier and one for like a captain or major. I want it be exclusive and break out of the FE7/FE8 vanilla generic soldier portraits. Doesn't have to go overboard but deft a different look.

Thank you!

I already have a request at the moment, but I may be able to give you what you want :

706377Soldatnoir.png

I have this in Red, Blue, Green, and Black. So I think you can recolor with any color.

I'd only need to clean few things on it. Then I could make the captain version over it.

I have to warn you, it's more of a "sharing" since I use it in my own project.

But well if you want it I'd be happy to share it with you!

meh.

Um, um. I like dragons :B EgfLlgv.gif

However, if you're doing a GBA hack, expect a base pose/size like this:

cIQsSJX.png (This is a WIP I made for example purposes)

because hackbox. If you have ASM hax, or are making a game in FEXNA or FEXP, then you can get something like Gerxel.

Mug examples: 9f3oLZg.png02OxueI.png (This is a joke mug, but it is recent... :B )

Also, I sprite mainly in FE8 colors, so if you want it in FE7 colors let me knowwwwwwww

[spoiler=Mugs]

I am a glorious :UnitedStates: AMERICAN :UnitedStates: , so all monies are in USD

So:

Human GBA mug no frames/Chibi: $28

Human GBA mug + Frames/Chibi: $30

Frames/Chibi (I didn't make the mug): $4

----

GBA size dragon no frames/Chibi: $35

GBA Dragon (Blink Frames* + Chibi): $37

Uber big Dragon mug no frames/Chibi: $38, frames are a unique case here, I have to completley redraw the mouth, so +$10 for frames.

I can also do other nonhuman things , but that must be discussed because variance. (But prolly around $35($37 with frames)))

Also, no fullbodies pls

*With GBA mugs there is a size limit, and there is no way I can make mouth frames for a dragon fit srry)

Trades: I need music and maps, and I'll make you mugs. We can discuss?

Edited by L95

Who?: I'm Great Witch! My name is Luke though!
Project: I don't have quite enough to post a thread yet but I've been working on this story/character since 2007ish? One of the things I'd like to have before I post is a definite design for my main character. So that's why I'm here!
Task: I'd like a portrait done of my main character. She is a seventeen year old girl. Her hair and skin color look like this girl here: https://40.media.tumblr.com/4412588f402762d0895e29430a78cfc8/tumblr_myc9f8jcjn1r1a5igo1_500.jpg Her main outfit is pink and frilly. I saw the shirt as sleeveless with numerous bangles on her wrist. It would be easier for me to describe her one on one so if you're interested we can discuss it elsewhere!
Timeframe: I'd like it sooner than later because I'm impatient but I can wait for great work :)
Compensation: I can offer financial compensation :]

Who?: Ash/Alm
Project: Fire Emblem 2: Gaiden Chapter 1 Remake And maybe a full remake if it's good? (No thread yet)
Task : I need mugs of Mycen, Luka, Cliff, Robin, Gray, and Silk.
Timeframe : I'm pretty loose with time frames, but I'd prefer if I could have them within this month. I expect this project to last for either two months or a full year based on if chapter 1's good enough.
Compensation : I would happily give you credit, event work, a thank you letter, repeatedly praise you, and/or possibly money (you'd need to talk to me).

Edit: if it's open, I'd happily do event work requests on this thread... though I cannot work with sprites very well.

Edited by Alm

I wasn't initially going to say anything about pricing because as much as I dislike the idea, people are free to do whatever it is they want.

But seriously, charging for frames and minis? It's like, five minutes work, tops. Fucking ludicrous to even think about asking people to pay for that service, in my opinion, absolutely disappointing.

I wasn't initially going to say anything about pricing because as much as I dislike the idea, people are free to do whatever it is they want.

But seriously, charging for frames and minis? It's like, five minutes work, tops. Fucking ludicrous to even think about asking people to pay for that service, in my opinion, absolutely disappointing.

Please, Nickt, you seriously need to relax with the moral elitism stuff. Freelance artists are within their prerogative to set their prices however they want - If the customer doesn't feel it's worth it, they can just move on. Trying to shame people over it reflects poorly.

Edited by Siuloir

And if they're that easy, I'm sure the customer can just not pay for frames and do them themselves.

Frames are tedious and annoying. Also I can vouch for L95's quality, she busts frames and mugs out fast, she's worth the cash.

Please, Nickt, you seriously need to relax with the moral elitism stuff. Freelance artists are within their prerogative to set their prices however they want - If the customer doesn't feel it's worth it, they can just move on. Trying to shame people over it reflects poorly.

If you feel that even five minutes of your time is worth people paying money for, than I certainly feel sorry for you.

This is a hobby for me, I do it for fun, for enjoyment and to pass time, I do this in my free time, time that I don't need to be paid for, are you people all so really hard off that you need extra money through doing your hobby in your free time? If at any point you depend on any of this money then get a bloody job, seriously.

And as I said, people can sell their services, fine, but charging for frames and minis? Overall the effort that pertains to those specific aspects is negligible, every single mug I've done in the past two years has been made with a full set of frames and mini because it's absolutely easy to do and doesn't require an strenuous amount of effort or time.

Fucking disgusting and I don't want a part of it. I'm not the best spriter, and I tend to get a bit wish-washy on when I sprite, but fuck, if you want something done and you don't want to pay for every little thing, send me a PM, as for the guild, take my name from it.

Lin has made dozens and dozens of free mugs and frames for me over the last year. She's not even being stingy, if someone PMed her and asked to make a mug but didn't have the extra $2 to get the frames, she probably wouldn't even care. It's still an annoyance, no matter how minor, to make the frames.

She could just say "$30 for a mug w/frames" and not even mention a frame-less mug, but what if someone wants a frame-less mug? She'd waste some time on unnecessary frames for someone who didn't want them.

Instead of looking at it as "How dare she charge an extra $2 for frames!" look at it like "Wow she's letting people get a $2 discount if they don't want frames!"

If you feel that even five minutes of your time is worth people paying money for, than I certainly feel sorry for you.

This is a hobby for me, I do it for fun, for enjoyment and to pass time, I do this in my free time, time that I don't need to be paid for, are you people all so really hard off that you need extra money through doing your hobby in your free time? If at any point you depend on any of this money then get a bloody job, seriously.

And as I said, people can sell their services, fine, but charging for frames and minis? Overall the effort that pertains to those specific aspects is negligible, every single mug I've done in the past two years has been made with a full set of frames and mini because it's absolutely easy to do and doesn't require an strenuous amount of effort or time.

Fucking disgusting and I don't want a part of it. I'm not the best spriter, and I tend to get a bit wish-washy on when I sprite, but fuck, if you want something done and you don't want to pay for every little thing, send me a PM, as for the guild, take my name from it.

Has it occurred to you that art is not just a hobby for some people? Is it somehow not a legitimate skillset? Is it hard to believe that some of the spriters here also do other art, and may even be pursuing a career in it professionally?

Your attitude is the only thing that's disgusting here. You're sitting here trying to make people feel bad for considering their work and effort to have some sort of intrinsic value.

I've said before, I enjoy your art and I respect what you do with the open sourcing of your mugs, but your attitude toward other human beings is deplorable.

With all this drama, this thread is looking more like the actor's guild thread than the spriter's guild.

Edited by Siuloir

I agree with Suilor. Let people decide what they want to do and please stop trying to force your ideals onto everyone else. Three to five spriters out of the 20+ voluntary members say they'll accept financial incentive to put your request in their priority list? People willing to pay for that quality and/or service? That's fine. They're not undermining spriters and project contributors/creators who are doing it for love of the franchise. They're only offering another option out of the others that already exist.

Serene's is being super-buggy for me, but I'll get to taking you off the list, Nickt. It would've been good to point out your library of open source splices for others but I'll respect your wishes.

Quick pair from me, as separate tasks since one is very simple (yet more important, actually) than the other.

[spoiler=Requests below]
Task: Alternate Character Expression Portrait - An already existing portrait to be retrofitted with sinister eyes and a Slasher Smile.
Timeframe: Before August 1st (FEE3 Deadline)
Compensation: Credit in hack, music arranging/insertion services, or other negotiable (within reason compensation).
Notes: I'm fairly weak at spriting emotion and expression, so I figured I'd open this to the public. Should be a quick tweak, as the mug is already finished. I've kept the actual portrait out of the thread so as not to give away plot elements, so contact me directly and I'll pass it along.
Project: Inheritance of Ash
Task: Mug Revamp - An aging war hero elevated to a general's rank after years of exemplary service. Proud, loyal and noble, but wear of war.
Timeframe: Before August 1st (FEE3 Deadline)
Compensation: Credit in hack, music arranging/insertion services and/or I'll write you a song (to whatever specifications you'd like. Doesn't even have to be for a project!). Financial compensation and/or other compensation negotiable.
Notes: Not looking to go all out full custom on this (resources tied up elsewhere), but it could use a gussying up. Link to mug and frames - http://imgur.com/jvrX14V

Edited by Siuloir