Some background guys sprite gallery

NobodiePichu

im looking for critique and advice for this stuff and how to improve.

so without further ado

self%20portrait%20mug%20prez%20-%20Copy.

self portrait mug that's bad i know but i will fix it one day.

map%20touch%20ups%20for%20ash.png

some map touch ups i did for a friend

creepy%20druid%20guy.png

and a random splice i did a bit ago that looks okay i guess.

an possibly more in the future if i remember to update every once in a blue moon.

On the splice, the guy looks like he has way too much forehead, I'd move his head up a bit and give him a bit more neck, and maybe remove a bit of the poof from the back. The gold chains(?) off his hood are a little confusing as well. Not bad stuff though.

That's actually a pretty neat self-portrait, design and color-choice wise. There's a (quite) bit of anatomy stuff that I can comment/edit on if you're okay with that~

On the splice guy you provided, I agree with Toa that the forehead is generous/face is dropped too low atm in comparison to the perceived top of the head (which is at the very top of the mug in this case).

Always nice to see your entries in the comp, ShinyPichu. Are you going to show those too? ^^

On the splice, the guy looks like he has way too much forehead, I'd move his head up a bit and give him a bit more neck, and maybe remove a bit of the poof from the back. The gold chains(?) off his hood are a little confusing as well. Not bad stuff though.

mm Kay that's reasonable.

That's actually a pretty neat self-portrait, design and color-choice wise. There's a (quite) bit of anatomy stuff that I can comment/edit on if you're okay with that~

On the splice guy you provided, I agree with Toa that the forehead is generous/face is dropped too low atm in comparison to the perceived top of the head (which is at the very top of the mug in this case).

Always nice to see your entries in the comp, ShinyPichu. Are you going to show those too? ^^

please do comment on the anatomy, i still have trouble with that in sprites. as for the design and stuff its just based of a hood and shirt i own. i can post a few of the splice i have lying around i suppose though some of them are a little outdated, but if i make any new ones for the splice comp i'll post em here.

Hioly heck, that is a really good map. I like the flow, I like the design, I like the aesthetic. I just like it!

kinda mah thing dude so thanks for the complements.

For the self portrait, the neck is very long and the head is a tad big. But you're getting there! nice work ^_^

gah, i even thought the neck was a little to long too! though the head i didn't catch thanks for pointing that one out.

EDIT:

self%20portrait%20mug%20prez.png

followed your advice and i do have to say it looks alot better, thank you.

Edited by ShinyPichu

e89b07c557.png

shoulders were a bit high, and the head was tall. Also body angle and neck were a bit off. I can still sense there's something but idk.. Have ref tho ^_^

self%20portrait%20mug%20with%20help%20of

gah i feel the hair looks bad but i think the body and such looks much better thanks ponih. ah well

have some maps to look at for being so patient

Screenshot%202014-07-11%2016.30.02.png

prolouge for a hack i had in mind

Screenshot%202014-07-11%2016.30.03.png

and good ol chapter 1

Sorry I can not anatomy right now, think Ponih caught all what I was thinking about. You can also reference Legault.

The hair is a bit difficult to read around the forehead area, might suggest you take out that dark curvy V shape you have in there since it's not really defining anything.

I like your prologue map. Might want to smooth out the peak shading though. It's a tad chunky.

i don't do a lot of peak shading, but i guess it is something to keep in mind for the future.

self%20portrait%20mug%20with%20help%20of

think i finally got it.

[spoiler=anothermaptouchupsofanoldoneididagesagoyaaay]

fe8%20castle%20water%20tileset.png

• 2 months later...

god haven't posted hear for ages

umbreon%20do%20didly%20sprite%20-%20Copy getting in on the eeveeloution thing stuff i guess, mine is terrible compared to merc and ponih and mew but eh

(i love eevee and eeveeloutions too much to care)

[spoiler=map dump stuff cause its what im actually suppose to be good at]

map%20dump%201.png

• 2 months later...

[spoiler=if anyone can guess where these maps are based from you get one imaginary doller/map commison]

x%201.png

x%202.png

x%203.png

x%204.png

x%205.png

x%206.png

x%208.png

splice%20111%20pres%20-%20Copy.pngsplice%20112%20entry%20-%20Copy.png

some mugs from the recent splice comps in order to get back into the swing of things

prolouge.png

chapter%201.png

and some extra maps im probably not gonna really use, just to make sure i've got something to show cause why not.

Are those the FE13 map templates?

x%205.png

Because I thought this was FE2 then realized it was based on the Awakening version

you win the imaginary dollar

or the map request

if you want it

unfortunately the imaginary dollar will have to be an imaginary loony.

• 2 weeks later...