Ready for Apotheosis?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you lack Golden Gaffe, the best way is to fight spotpass teams with lots of Archers using Leif's blade, yeah. Two other methods that might be slightly faster are mopping up strong Risen and then selling the weapons you get for beating them (assuming you're on Normal) and using Despoil instead of Lief's Blade which lets you use a Bow to make enemy phase combat even rarer than with Lief's Blade (there are no Spotpass teams consisting entirely of Archers, but there are a few with no ranged units).

Lief's Blade and Despoil don't stack, so equipping both at the same time has the same effect as equipping just one or the other.

Im playing on Hard mode actually, but i guess i'll try the Despoil method, thanks.

Also about the staffbots and rallybots, which spotpass characters do i need to recruit? Other Avatars? Or the other characters from spotpass?

Anyone who can go into the Avatar logbook and has all classes- that includes past Avatars, units from the Wireless menu, or units recruited from beating DLC maps. You could just pick them for aesthetics, or for whoever requires the least amount of grinding to use (look for high-Mag Sages for Staffbots, and try to pick units like Cyas or Horace for Rallybots- they already have several. You'll need one male Rallybot and one female though so you can't use both of them).

Probably Brady since Noire is Avatar's daughter, but under any other circumstances I'd say Laurent.

Just so you know, DLC carries over to all your files, so if you start another file to try out different pairings you get to keep LB/Apo.

So i looked back at my team and i noticed everything was almost the same...

2 Assassin Leads with Berserkers as Supporters

3 Dark Fliers with 3 Sage Supporters

And Lucina and Gerome are the only different ones.

But i noticed i barely have a variety of classes. Can i do something like Sniper Noire maybe paired with Yarne or something like that? Or are most teams all the same?

PS: all my leads are females

Edited by Waifu Severa

Snipers require Spd+3 All+2 Spd Tonic & Pair-up +8 to double Anna with Longbow. So Snipers need Berserker, Hero or Assassin.

Popular leading Snipers:

Lucina (+5/Sumia, +3/Olivia, +4/+Mag FeMU)

Chrom!Inigo (+3)

Chrom!Cynthia (+5)

Virion/Stahl/Ricken!Severa (+5/+3/+3)

Morgan (valuable)

Noire (+4/Gaius, +1/Donnel)

FeMU (0/+Str or +Skl, +2/+Mag)

Inigo and Morgan give all the Zerker, Hero and Assassin.

Gerome has Hero. Sometimes he also has Zerker.

Yarne has Zerker and Assassin.

Are Snipers even good? Arent Assassins better because they have better stats and can use swords? Also can i see ur Apotheosis team so i can see how u made it?

Snipers are the only one to use Longbow, so they're ideal for one sided combat in Apo which often has enemies using two ranged weapons.

They have better skill cap too iirc.

Adding to the fact Lethality and Counters can't affect the enemies in apo make Assassin kinda useless unless you have a really good assassin to galeforce off with.

Snipers are the only one to use Longbow, so they're ideal for one sided combat in Apo which often has enemies using two ranged weapons.

They have better skill cap too iirc.

Adding to the fact Lethality and Counters can't affect the enemies in apo make Assassin kinda useless unless you have a really good assassin to galeforce off with.

Oh, didnt know only Snipers can use Longbow. And what do u mean Assassins are "useless" because they cant use Lethality/counter? My Severa is Assassin with Galeforce, Swordfaire, Vengeance, Limit Breaker, Armsthrift, almost like my other assassins. How is that useless?

I still want to see a sample of an Apotheosis team

Assassin isn't useless. But it lacks power.

Here is my sample

(Tank)

Olivia!Lucina (Dark Flier) - DS+ Vantage Charm Galeforce LB

Vaike!Gerome!Morgan (General) - LB Agg Axefaire Hit+20 All+2

(Hit & Away)

FeMU (Sniper) - LB Luna Bowfaire All+2 Galeforce (Barrack Spd required to double Anna with Longbow)

Vaike!Gerome (Hero) - LB Agg Axefaire Lancebreaker Axebreaker

Ricken!Owain (Sage) - LB Luna Agg All+2 Galeforce

Henry!Cynthia (Dark Flier) - LB Luna TF Anathema Galeforce

Gaius!Noire (Sniper) - LB Luna Bowfaire All+2 Galeforce

Frederick!Yarne (Berserker) - LB Agg Axefaire OutdoorFighter Lancebreaker

Chrom!Inigo (Berserker or Hero) - LB Luna Axefaire Agg Galeforce

Lon'qu!Severa (Wyvern Lord) - LB Vengeance Lancefaire All+2/Deliverer Galeforce

Gregor!Brady (Sage) - LB Luna Agg All+2 Galeforce

Donnel!Kjelle (Dark Flier or Bride) - LB Luna Astra/All+2 Deliverer/Lancefaire Galeforce

(Benched)

Staffbot!Laurent

Staffbot!Nah

(You can regroup them into Owain x Nah and Cynthia x Laurent to make them not be benched. But I myself prefer double-gales more than single gales because (1) Apo doesn't require so many attackers so benching 1-2 2nd-gens doesn't affect my strategy (2) There are too many 5-enemy troops which can be easily eliminated by 2 double-gales but requires 3 single-gales instead.)

Edited by MelonGx

Oh cool, thanks for posting your team. I guess I wasnt wrong when i had 3 dark fliers and 3 sages. Ik i posted this in the pairing thread, but Noire, Brady, Kjelle, and Yarne arent married yet. So i was thinking i can go Dark Flier Kjelle x Sage Brady and Sniper Noire x Berserker Yarne. The other option was Dark Flier Noire x Sage Brady and Assassin Kjelle x Berserker Yarne.

Also, do i really need to have THE most optimal pairings, or can i just use some sets i like for Apo?

Edited by Waifu Severa

You can still have a 3rd option:

Inigo x Kjelle (Sniper/Warrior/Hero x Paladin/Hero/Wyvern)

Severa x Yarne (Hero/Wyvern x Berserker)

Brady x Noire (Sage x DF/Bride)

This might be better.

Some unoptimal pairings work.

But they should have the Galeforce + proc/Faire basic setup.

Edited by MelonGx

You can still have a 3rd option:
Inigo x Kjelle (Sniper/Warrior/Hero x Paladin/Hero/Wyvern)
Severa x Yarne (Hero/Wyvern x Berserker)
Brady x Noire (Sage x DF/Bride)
This might be better.

Some unoptimal pairings work.
But they should have the Galeforce + proc/Faire basic setup.

Thats not a third option, as i said my only unmarried units are Kjelle, Yarne, Brady, and Noire. Also, why does nobody like Assassin Severa? Soo much speed and skill, and inigo is a berserker as her partner. So im guessing i should stick to option number 1, DF Noire x Sage Brady and Paladin/Hero x Berserker Yarne
L-Assassin Severa-Galeforce, Swordsfaire, Armsthrift, Vengeance, LB
S-Berserker Inigo- Galeforce, Hit+20/LB, Axefaire/LB, Armsthrift, Luna(Dont know what to take out for LB)
L-Great Lord Lucina-Galeforce, LB, Aether, Luna, Dual Strike+
S-Wyvern Lord Gerome- DG+, Dual Support+, LB, Deliverer, Outdoor Fighter
L-Dark Flier Morgan-GaleForce, Tomefaire, Armsthrift, LB, Ignis
S-Sage Laurent-Tomefaire, Magic +2, DG+, Anathema, LB
L-Dark Flier Noire-Galeforce, Armsthrift, LB, Ignis, Tomefaire (lol morgan clone)
S-Sage Brady-Galeforce, Tomefaire, Anathema, Luna, LB
L-Paladin/Assassin/Hero Kjelle-Galeforce, Armsthrift, Luna, LB, Astra/Swordfaire
S-Berserker Yarne- Axefaire, Armsthrift, Deliverer, LB, Axebreaker
L-Dark Flier Cynthia-Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Tomefaire, LB
S-Sage Owain-Galeforce, Luna, Tomefaire, DG+, LB

Anything i should change up? Also ik i messed up a lot of children, like Kellam x Lissa and maybe Frederick x Cherche and Gregor!Yarne, but is that ok?

The reason Assassin Severa isn't seeing a ton of love is because there's actually such a ting, believe it or not, as having stats that are so high they become useless. Once your Skl is over 50 on a Vengeance unit and you have guaranteed 100% Hit on everything and 100% DS, extra Skl does nothing, as in it has no effect. Severa won't have 100% DS, but the extra 2.5% over, say, Wyvern will do a lot less than an Atk boost to help her odds of winning. Once you're over 75 Spd, you can double everything- extra Spd may still be useful for dodgetanking, but nowhere near as useful as +Avo skills (especially Breakers) so no matter how much natural Avo you have, it either won't be enough to reliably dodge the only things in the game that are worth dodging, or outclassed by dedicated dodgetanks.

Sometimes, taking your stats as high as humanly possible reaches a second threshold where you can do incredible things that don't appear possible, such as getting 100% Luna/PavGis activation, surviving a shot from the Nightmare Sniper, and OHKOing Lunatic+ Grima through Pavise+. Unfortunately Lon'qu!Severa's only threshold is 100% Avo, and that doesn't seem to be what you're aiming for.

Oh, and my current Apo team is a completely untouched base Chrom and nobody else, because I'm a showoff and am willing to stick to Normal for the sake of doing things that sound better on paper. I don't actually have a fully ground Secret Apo team at the moment, though when I do do it I usually stick with 4-5 attack pairs (depending on whether I use Chrom).

The reason Assassin Severa isn't seeing a ton of love is because there's actually such a ting, believe it or not, as having stats that are so high they become useless. Once your Skl is over 50 on a Vengeance unit and you have guaranteed 100% Hit on everything and 100% DS, extra Skl does nothing, as in it has no effect. Severa won't have 100% DS, but the extra 2.5% over, say, Wyvern will do a lot less than an Atk boost to help her odds of winning. Once you're over 75 Spd, you can double everything- extra Spd may still be useful for dodgetanking, but nowhere near as useful as +Avo skills (especially Breakers) so no matter how much natural Avo you have, it either won't be enough to reliably dodge the only things in the game that are worth dodging, or outclassed by dedicated dodgetanks.

Sometimes, taking your stats as high as humanly possible reaches a second threshold where you can do incredible things that don't appear possible, such as getting 100% Luna/PavGis activation, surviving a shot from the Nightmare Sniper, and OHKOing Lunatic+ Grima through Pavise+. Unfortunately Lon'qu!Severa's only threshold is 100% Avo, and that doesn't seem to be what you're aiming for.

Oh, and my current Apo team is a completely untouched base Chrom and nobody else, because I'm a showoff and am willing to stick to Normal for the sake of doing things that sound better on paper. I don't actually have a fully ground Secret Apo team at the moment, though when I do do it I usually stick with 4-5 attack pairs (depending on whether I use Chrom).

Oh, i see why Assassin Severa isnt that usefull, thanks for pointing that out. And what do u mean 100% Avo? Unless u mean 100 Avo, not 100%.

Also if im changing Severa to Wyvern Lord, she will still be the lead, correct? And that means Inigo cant be Sniper, otherwise i wont get 75 speed, i think. How much speed does Rank S pair up Berserker give?

44 + 10(LB) + 8(Rally)=62, so even with pair up i doubt Severa can get 75 speed. That means i have to be Assassin for dat 75 speed.

Also what do u mean untouched base Chrom and nobody else? How do u beat Apo with only base Chrom?

Since you lack the rest of the DLC, Wyvern Severa will need Spd+2 and an Assassin pairup to work. 38(base) +6(mods) +10(LB) +8(Rally) +9(pairup) +2(Spd+2) +2(tonic) =75. Normally, she gets an extra 2 from Rally Heart, swaps Spd+2 for All+2, and uses a Berserker/Hero (-1) for a net 76 Spd, which is why Virion!Severa works (she has 1 less Spd than Lon'qu!Severa). Your skills should be LB/GF/Spd+2 and two out of Vengeance, Lancefaire and Armsthrift.

I meant what I said and I said what I meant: Chrom, as a Lv.1 Lord with just DS+/Charm, Falchion, a Rapier and a Vulnerary and 20/7/1/8/8/5/7/1 stats and no other units. How do I win? Magic.

I go all the way to the end of Wave 5, too. Quitting at Wave 1 is lame.

Since you lack the rest of the DLC, Wyvern Severa will need Spd+2 and an Assassin pairup to work. 38(base) +6(mods) +10(LB) +8(Rally) +9(pairup) +2(Spd+2) +2(tonic) =75. Normally, she gets an extra 2 from Rally Heart, swaps Spd+2 for All+2, and uses a Berserker/Hero (-1) for a net 76 Spd, which is why Virion!Severa works (she has 1 less Spd than Lon'qu!Severa). Your skills should be LB/GF/Spd+2 and two out of Vengeance, Lancefaire and Armsthrift.

I meant what I said and I said what I meant: Chrom, as a Lv.1 Lord with just DS+/Charm, Falchion, a Rapier and a Vulnerary and 20/7/1/8/8/5/7/1 stats and no other units. How do I win? Magic.

I go all the way to the end of Wave 5, too. Quitting at Wave 1 is lame.

Ohhh so thats how i reach 75 speed with it. But is Wyvern Lord really worth having to waste 1 skill(speed+2) in exchange for more strength, while Assassin Severa can get another skill AND have Inigo as Berserker for dat strength pair up bonus?

And how the hell do u beat Apo with that Chrom...I want proof

Well, with All+2, It's not really a waste of a skillslot when that's probably what she'd put there anyway (All+2 is the universal filler skill, and Severa has Vengeance so she doesn't need procstacking and thus has no other major priorities). AT maybe, but when you have Golden Gaffe and a team prepared for it, it takes 60 seconds to get enough gold for 3-4 forged Braves.

Since Inigo's Berserker Str bonus is on the line though, Severa probably is better being a Hero or something.

Apo: I latched onto the idea a while back that, since in Normal and Hard you can hit enemies on Forts over and over again for infinite exp, that might be a viable method of training units if I could find a strong enough enemy to whack. Turns out Apo has just the thing: there are two War Clerics on Wave 1 who have no weapons, Renewal/Dragonskin/Aegis+ and are sitting on forts, and the only thing stopping me from clobbering them all the way to maxed stats is five silly Generals who, incidentally, cannot swim. Guess who can.

First turn, I withdraw Boots from the Convoy and use them on Chrom, lure the Generals into the desert to the right and then head to the lake in the NE corner (I have 7 Mov, they have 5/6 so I easily outrun them). I then use LB/Paragon/All+2, take five Arms scrolls and a Ragnell, and enough Speedwings/Seraph Robes/Dracoshields that I can take a single hit from one of the Spear Generals (the storngest one has a Silver Lance, but I don't care about him). I wait two tiles from the shore in the lake with only one distant enemy facing, and very slowly break every single Spear while healing to max each turn with an Elixir- then I buff up on Spirit Dust and clobber the defenseless Generals with Levin Swords for exp. I don't need to do much damage for exp, and by the time they all kick the bucket (this takes a while because the Clerics have Fortify) I'm strong enough to promote, which raises my Mag cap enough to deal with the boss (with more Spirit Dust). Then I grind to my heart's content on the Clerics, and from there it's just a bunch of tight calculations and other trickery to get a LB-capped Chrom through the next four waves with minimal risk of death (involves lots of sniping things from the water and breaking weapons, by the way). Waves 2 and 4 are 100% safe, Wave 3 is 90+% safe (still working on the strat here, it might be possible to get it to 100%) and Wave 5 is a mosh pit and I'm still trying different starts (though it's definitely possible). Please don't ask for calcs proving that I can take down every single enemy safely, I've made them and they take dozens of KB in Notepad.

I'm using a Barracks Boost in Spd/Def, by the way.

Ok cool, i guess Hero Severa can be good i suppose...

And dam you're smart with that Chrom thing lol

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res

80 42 30 54 52 45 30 28

Assassin Severa

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res

80 44 30 52 48 45 39 34

Hero Severa

So Hero only has 2 more strength, 9 more Def and 6 more Res(Which idc about)

Meanwhile, Assassin has 2 more Skill and 4 more speed. I guess Hero is better because like u said, any extra speed is wasted.

Oh and what set for Inigo? Galeforce, Armsthrift(dat Helswath), LB, Hit +20, Axefaire-I cant seem to fit Luna in here

Edited by Waifu Severa

Well, with All+2, It's not really a waste of a skillslot when that's probably what she'd put there anyway (All+2 is the universal filler skill, and Severa has Vengeance so she doesn't need procstacking and thus has no other major priorities). AT maybe, but when you have Golden Gaffe and a team prepared for it, it takes 60 seconds to get enough gold for 3-4 forged Braves.

Since Inigo's Berserker Str bonus is on the line though, Severa probably is better being a Hero or something.

Apo: I latched onto the idea a while back that, since in Normal and Hard you can hit enemies on Forts over and over again for infinite exp, that might be a viable method of training units if I could find a strong enough enemy to whack. Turns out Apo has just the thing: there are two War Clerics on Wave 1 who have no weapons, Renewal/Dragonskin/Aegis+ and are sitting on forts, and the only thing stopping me from clobbering them all the way to maxed stats is five silly Generals who, incidentally, cannot swim. Guess who can.

First turn, I withdraw Boots from the Convoy and use them on Chrom, lure the Generals into the desert to the right and then head to the lake in the NE corner (I have 7 Mov, they have 5/6 so I easily outrun them). I then use LB/Paragon/All+2, take five Arms scrolls and a Ragnell, and enough Speedwings/Seraph Robes/Dracoshields that I can take a single hit from one of the Spear Generals (the storngest one has a Silver Lance, but I don't care about him). I wait two tiles from the shore in the lake with only one distant enemy facing, and very slowly break every single Spear while healing to max each turn with an Elixir- then I buff up on Spirit Dust and clobber the defenseless Generals with Levin Swords for exp. I don't need to do much damage for exp, and by the time they all kick the bucket (this takes a while because the Clerics have Fortify) I'm strong enough to promote, which raises my Mag cap enough to deal with the boss (with more Spirit Dust). Then I grind to my heart's content on the Clerics, and from there it's just a bunch of tight calculations and other trickery to get a LB-capped Chrom through the next four waves with minimal risk of death (involves lots of sniping things from the water and breaking weapons, by the way). Waves 2 and 4 are 100% safe, Wave 3 is 90+% safe (still working on the strat here, it might be possible to get it to 100%) and Wave 5 is a mosh pit and I'm still trying different starts (though it's definitely possible). Please don't ask for calcs proving that I can take down every single enemy safely, I've made them and they take dozens of KB in Notepad.

I'm using a Barracks Boost in Spd/Def, by the way.

C-Could you make this into a video and show us the witchcraft?

Maybe.

If I did, it would be a pretty long one- I need to break the weapons on the Generals in Wave 1, I'm planning on doing it for the Monks in Wave 2 (to mitigate risk from Vengeance, I can easily tank them without it but it becomes chaotic once they get boosts), it might be the safest way to handle Wave 3's Snipers, and I haven't pinned down a solid strat for Wave 5 yet. I also have to periodically break someone's weapon on the Throne so I can stop and re-adjust my classes/skills (though by sacrificing a little RNG in my current Wave 5 strat, I can skip a good deal of this...).

For Inigo, use a Brave Axe instead of Helswath and drop AT. Helswath only hits once, you're going to need all of Limit/Agg/Rally and a fully prepared team if you want to stand a chance without Braves.