Starting the Japan-only titles; which should I play first?

Wander

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fire Emblem should I play first?

Fe12 is the best fire emblem fyi. The story is a mess, but it's pretty much the only one that encourages you to use your brain to beat all the chapters.

Hitrates are generally high, which is nice because you don't have to gamble on 40-60% hit rates, especially after the first two chapters.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're just trolling you, man. Gonzales is unarguably the best unit in the game that can't use swords, and even then only because the sword users in question are mounted or is Rutger. Just keep in mind that missing is a possibility with this guy, with axes having low hit and his skill growth of 15%, and you'll be fine.

I get the feeling that YOU'RE the one trolling. Or being sarcastic, one of the two.

@Tryhard: A 15% skill growth could be pretty problematic when even an iron axe only has 65% hit, couldn't it? I'll probably give him a couple level ups at least. Lot's turning out pretty solid, so if Gonzalez doesn't pan out I'll still have someone to kill knights.

But yeah I'm doing normal so I shouldn't have too many issues, you're right.

@Levant: Lot's been a little above average for me so far and he's useful for dealing with knights/lance cavs, so I'm keeping him around for now. I agree about Gonzalez being potentially very problematic though.

@Irsay: I can tell. XD

@Logience: I'll see how he turns out whenever I recruit him, lol.

And if FE12 messes with FE11, that's perfectly fine with me; I didn't really like FE11 all that much. FE5 probably would be too hard considering I suck at Fire Emblem.

@Cam: I suck at Fire Emblem, although I suppose playing FE5 would get me better eventually.

@Venno: Well if I played FE12 I certainly wouldn't do Lunatic first run through. Still, I prefer thinking to Sacred Stones difficulty or warpskip Emblem, so that's a plus!

Technically this could be locked I guess since I'm playing my first one now, although if mods don't mind if we keep it open for general discussion that'd be nice.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, July 25, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, July 25, 2014 - No reason given

Oh, and when I mentioned that you need all the divine weapons to get the good ending, I forgot to mention that you cannot break any of them.

@Levant: Lot's been a little above average for me so far and he's useful for dealing with knights/lance cavs, so I'm keeping him around for now. I agree about Gonzalez being potentially very problematic though.

Well, I suppose Lot's a solid short term choice.

It can be, but his other stats are quite good, especially if you get Gonzales in the A route. (he comes at level 5 instead of level 11, with the same stats, for some reason)
that's not fair, hero dieck too stronk
I figured unpromoted axe users.

Personally, I don't think that's enough to overcome the fact he's fucking unreliable.

As to the part about unpromoted axe users, that's why I said what I said - it's better to just boot all of them to the bench rather than try to shoehorn one of those scrubs in the army.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Oh, and when I mentioned that you need all the divine weapons to get the good ending, I forgot to mention that you cannot break any of them.

Well, I guess Lot's a solid short term choice.

It can be, but his other stats are quite good, especially if you get Gonzales in the A route. (he comes at level 5 instead of level 11, with the same stats, for some reason)

Personally, I don't think his stats overcome the fact he's out-and-out unreliable, and second, I'd be hard-pressed to justify giving him a Hero Crest over pretty much anyone not named Ward.

As to the second part, that's why I wound up saying that I wouldn't recommend any unpromoted axe user over the long term - the unit slots could easily be put to better use.

Edited by Levant Caprice

@Tryhard: A 15% skill growth could be pretty problematic when even an iron axe only has 65% hit, couldn't it? I'll probably give him a couple level ups at least. Lot's turning out pretty solid, so if Gonzalez doesn't pan out I'll still have someone to kill knights.

But yeah I'm doing normal so I shouldn't have too many issues, you're right.

dieck is the best axe user in FE6

Oh, and when I said "messes with FE11", I meant in the good way, not the "WTF RUINING MY NOSTALGIA ILL KILL YOU NINTENDO" way.

Also, Geese is a potential replacement for Gonzales if you want to risk overall growth for an actual skill stat.

It's more beneficial if he's 11, cause then you can rock an instant Berserker promotion so he gets a buttload of skill instantly! Plus 11/12 AS probably doubles 90% of the game on NM lol.

It's more beneficial if he's 11, cause then you can rock an instant Berserker promotion so he gets a buttload of skill instantly! Plus 11/12 AS probably doubles 90% of the game on NM lol.

The question is, is it really worth it when this forces you to go Bartre's route, and thus makes you miss out on Echidna, as well as the chance to buy Killer Axes, in addition to the issue of Hero Crest competition? I say it isn't worth it.

someone please tell me how to respond to Lugh having 7 defense at level 5. That's 4 defense procs in 4 levels. He has better defense than most of my characters. I want to complain about him being at 4 Mag still, but...whut. I can't remember seeing something this absurd before. He's not supposed to hit 7 defense until promotion!

On chapter 5, but I may as well ask; does it matter which route I go? I know the split happens in, like, chapter 9, but I don't know which is considered better.

Since I'm doing normal the difficulty of the route doesn't really matter (much), so yeah.

EDIT: Whoops, ninja'd. so whichever route gives Echinda?

Oh, and the archers in this game suck. Like, really bad.

Edited by Wander

someone please tell me how to respond to Lugh having 7 defense at level 5. That's 4 defense procs in 4 levels. He has better defense than most of my characters. I want to complain about him being at 4 Mag still, but...whut. I can't remember seeing something this absurd before. He's not supposed to hit 7 defense until promotion!

On chapter 5, but I may as well ask; does it matter which route I go? I know the split happens in, like, chapter 9, but I don't know which is considered better.

Since I'm doing normal the difficulty of the route doesn't really matter (much), so yeah.

EDIT: Whoops, ninja'd. so whichever route gives Echinda?

Oh, and the archers in this game suck. Like, really bad.

The A route (which you get by not visiting the right most village out of the two in the northeast part of the map) gets you Echidna. There's also another split later on that determines whether you go to Ilia or Sacae, this being determined by the total EXP the nomads have gained vs. the exp the pegasus knights have gained.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Echidna route. Take the village on the left.

Lower leveled Gonzales, easier to recruit Klein and Tate, and Echidna is actually usable, unlike Bartre.