Tool for Ripping from SpriteSheets

Baldur45

Does anyone here know of any tool that will automatically separate sprite sheets, so that the sprites are easier to insert snd recolor?

no such thing exists afaik

you just have to do it manually

I've seen tools for pokemon, but they are not desighned for fire emblem afik(in-battle pokemon sprites are not animated in gba pokemon, so many of these tools only work for 4 1-frame images. The map sprite one might work though, although you will have to manualy mod the ini file to work tor fire emblem's offsets.) Maybe try hunting on a pokemon forum and see if anything you get happens to work?

Fireworks has an export tool which takes frames from an animation and separates them into individual files. I'm guessing other graphics programs that handle animations will have something similiar to that as well.

Recoloring is easiest when it's all on one sheet. (Imo anyways from a graphics perspective, but from a hack perspective it's probably easier to just modify the palette.)

If you want something to automatically separate images from a sheet and place it into an animation file(s), I'm not aware of one that does it well/efficiently enough to warrant using it. Most of FE's animations are available in GIF form somewhere anyways, so all that work is already done.

Edited by Lenh