Why doesn't Japan like Frederick?

Logience

You'd think that being the Jeigan, he'd be at least in the top 10, but instead he's only 14th.

Maybe it's because Chrom is there to marry instead...and the fact that only men play video games...

Edited by Logience

Frederick seems to have that hunky muscular physique going for him. And Japan isn't into that kind of thing, generally. It's a reason they don't like Ike as well. But I don't care, Frederick still has fans and he's got fans that love him a lot, such as me. ^^

Also, plenty of girls play video games. :/

Edited by Anacybele

He lives under Chrom's shadow, which is sad because he's a better character.

I know, right? Frederick is one of the few characters that we actually see multiple sides of. We first see his rather cold tone and seriousness, of course. And then in his supports, we see that he's so different underneath that mask. His support with Henry shows that he has a much sweeter, softer side (this is also shown some more in the festival DLC). His support with the Avatar shows he can be a drama llama lol. And his support with Panne shows that he's not as fearless as he pretends to be, and he really is hiding some trauma from a near-death experience. His support with Henry also shows just how damned dedicated this guy is. For all the times he talks about training, he actually HATES it! Yet he does it constantly. Every day. You have to admire this guy for just how much effort he puts into something he hates so much.

He really has more personality than any other Jagen so far, imo. I just never saw as much personality in the others.

I won't start crap in here because it isn't worth it... but both of you need to actually look into things rather than speculating what Japan is in or isn't into.

Especially with how subjective the nature of this thread is.

...You all know that this topic is going to go up in flames soon, right?

Making a the Frederick Fan Club thread on SF just doesn't work.

I don't think the intention of the OP was appreciation of Frederick, but anyway... My post wasn't THAT serious, although I really meant it.

Sorry, I just recalled being told by more than one person that Japan generally prefers the leaner, skinnier dudes over the hunky guys. I think the term is "bishounen"?

And I just wanted to explain why I agreed with Waifu Cordelia...

Better question: why doesn't Japan recognize how amazing Sully is?

Because they prefer geishas.

@Ana: Bishounen is an androgynous boy, with varying portions of femininity.

Better question: why doesn't Japan recognize how amazing Sully is?

Nobody wants to marry someone who talks back.

It's a matter of cultural values. Just funnily enough, her personality just happened to fit with American values.

lol Rey getting mad and trying to sting America

can i see the japanese list btw?

Edited by Waifu Severa

Nobody wants to marry someone who talks back.

It's a matter of cultural values. Just funnily enough, her personality just happened to fit with American values.

lol ur saying Americans talk back and act like sully..unless u didnt mean it in a bad way..

I still want to see that japanese list of the top 10.

Uhh... I don't know how you're finding an offensive shot in that statement. I said difference in cultural values. Which is a factor in her popularity in the west.

Edited by shadowofchaos

lol ur saying Americans talk back and act like sully..unless u didnt mean it in a bad way..

I still want to see that japanese list of the top 10.

If you're trying to troll you're doing a terrible job.

Also, Sully is literally every single woman in my family.

This thread was doomed from the start, wasn't it? You really can't expect to judge how much an entire group of people like a certain character from just one poll...

And i dont see how Gregor is 11 on the list while Fred is 14.

Because it's Gregor.

Im not trying to troll. I wouldnt troll SF.

And i dont see how Gregor is 11 on the list while Fred is 14.

Gregor was just an average Oyaji archetype on the other side of the Pacific. It's basically the Japanese term for "older man still in his prime", or "male Ara Ara".

And even here in the West, being the Heavy with hair can only go so far, not to mention it's an immediate deterrent for husbando potential. Hell, he's probably the least married unit after Yen'fay.

Edited by Logience

I know, right? Frederick is one of the few characters that we actually see multiple sides of. We first see his rather cold tone and seriousness, of course. And then in his supports, we see that he's so different underneath that mask. His support with Henry shows that he has a much sweeter, softer side (this is also shown some more in the festival DLC). His support with the Avatar shows he can be a drama llama lol. And his support with Panne shows that he's not as fearless as he pretends to be, and he really is hiding some trauma from a near-death experience. His support with Henry also shows just how damned dedicated this guy is. For all the times he talks about training, he actually HATES it! Yet he does it constantly. Every day. You have to admire this guy for just how much effort he puts into something he hates so much.

He really has more personality than any other Jagen so far, imo. I just never saw as much personality in the others.

He's a better character at first, but he'll gradually become better than Frederick over time. By the time both are maxed, Chrom will take the torch as XP-magnet.

He's a better character at first, but he'll gradually become better than Frederick over time. By the time both are maxed, Chrom will take the torch as XP-magnet.

Um, where was anyone ever talking about stats?

Edited by Anacybele