Do Pixiv artists take requests?

Junkhead

You know, paying one of them for an artwork. If so, what would the price ranges be? Had this in mind for a while, and I just dont know where to ask. I also dont know any Japanese.

are you serious in making a thread to ask a question like that? i mean it would be fine but

it just..depends..on each of them, its not like they are all the same person.

but you can try reading their descrip and see if they mention requests. most times are free.

It really depends on the artist. Pixiv is a place with different artists that draw for different reasons, some want money others don't. Some just flat out refuse to draw requests. Like a Japanese Deviantart or Tumblr.

And what chaos said, commissions and requests are different. Commissions are "I'll pay you $x to draw y", while requests are "Can you please draw x for me?"

Like unless you have somethng like this where the tumblr post by the pixiv artist is looking for requests... don't get your hopes up for free art.

I don't mean to be negative, but unless they're a really good friend of yours...

Art takes work.

But again...

It really depends on the artist.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm getting a request done. Didn't have to pay a cent.

Thats really nice to hear. Show me when its done.

Requests = Free

Commissions = Paid

Most go for commissions. Do not get your hopes up for requests.

It really depends on the artist. Pixiv is a place with different artists that draw for different reasons, some want money others don't. Some just flat out refuse to draw requests. Like a Japanese Deviantart or Tumblr.

And what chaos said, commissions and requests are different. Commissions are "I'll pay you $x to draw y", while requests are "Can you please draw x for me?"

ohhhhhhhhh

Yeah, I kind of have something specific in mind. Thatd probably be a commission.

Like I said, I dont know much of anything on the matter. And, free...!? urgh, now would be a good time to know some Japanese.

日本語の勉強の時間だ。日本語は難しいです。自分で準備したほうがいいですよ。
There's some kanji that I haven't officially learned yet but hey, whatever. Dunno if everything is correct. Just putting together what I learned and hopefully it works.
Hooray for grammar templates. That's first year of Japanese for you -> Desu frontal attack. And I totally didn't steal one of Gerome's Japanese cut in quotes.
Edited by MagicLugh