Hyrule Warriors

kingddd

Really? I managed to grab a Link amiibo today and got the Spinner and from what I played it wasn't that good. He had great clear but against single target bosses I just felt lacking though that maybe have just been the 80 attack but idk

Also I do think some of the Dynasty Warriors are on Xbox or something so Sony platforms aren't your only hope

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I managed to grab a Link amiibo today and got the Spinner and from what I played it wasn't that good. He had great clear but against single target bosses I just felt lacking though that maybe have just been the 80 attack but idk

It certainly is far superior against crowds, but the attack x2 strong attack x1 combo does pretty well against single opponents, and even breaks through shields at the end of it. Attack x1 into strong attack x1 knocks enemies into the air and you can juggle them that way, too. As for the really large bosses, well...I just use the second-to-last combo on it and then spam the remaining special bars.

Also did I mention how scary it is when looking at Samurai Warriors characters and seeing them EXACTLY as they are within Pokemon Conquest. Like, I am frightened.

That was intentional. Koei makes Nobunagas ambition as well as Samurai Warriors.

Also I do think some of the Dynasty Warriors are on Xbox or something so Sony platforms aren't your only hope

My brother has an Xbox, but I couldn't get into that either. Besides, there's no way I'm going into his smelly pigstye room. He wouldn't let me anyway.

I played dynasty warriors 7, 8 and Warriors orochi 3 on the 360 so that console does have some. I would't start with Orochi since the massive amount of characters might be a bit intimidating if you don't know them already from the previous games.

But if you want to begin somewhere I would recomend Samurai Wariors chronicles for the 3ds. Samurai Warriors 3 was a very bad introduction to the series for me since the sheer incompetence of your allies is very noticeable there. It could be that I was just terrible at it at the time, but it nearly made me give up the series. In chronicles your allies are a lot better and keeping them safe is less of a hassle when you can freely switch between 4 characters at once.

The characters there are a lot less powerfull then the Hyrule warriors cast and the mission system has some differences so perhaps you could watch some trailers to see if that style still suits your taste.

Edited by Sasori

But if you want to begin somewhere I would recomend Samurai Wariors chronicles for the 3ds. Samurai Warriors 3 was a very bad introduction to the series for me since the sheer incompetence of your allies is very noticeable there. It could be that I was just terrible at it at the time, but it nearly made me give up the series. In chronicles your allies are a lot better and keeping them safe is less of a hassle when you can freely switch between 4 characters at once.

I don't think the allies in Chronicles are much better. The pace of off-screen fights is just way slower in Chronicles, so you have far more time to throw your weight in.

Like, just take a very weak hero into the Chaos difficulty in Chronicles and watch as he does just fine while off-screen. But as soon as he comes close to the hero you are currently controlling, he will die in a few seconds since it will take just a few hits to take him down. That is really annoying if you try to play through the entire game on hard mode on a fresh save. You can't tell them to stay put, they will always run to the next objective and if they get close to you, they die so fast that you might not even be able to get a warning in time. And it's not like you can pay all that much attention to the map since you need to focus on the enemy you are fighting since they can kill you just as fast if you let your guard down.

By contrast, In SW3 battles that are not in your range move a lot faster instead. Like, I once got into a very though battle against Katsuie and he nearly killed me in a single combo, forcing me to retreat. But as soon as he got out of sight, it took my allies just a few seconds to chew through his HP. I had no idea how I was even supposed to tackle this guy and then my massive group of allies that I left behind just walked right over him thanks to the power of off-screen calculations. The difference between both games in that regard is absolutely massive.

Because of this, it's very important to take any warning of the leader seriously and to immediately check if they have the upperhand in their battles. And if not, to run like hell to help out in an instant. But it's definitely preferable to watch the movements of the enemies to prevent these situations from occurring in the first place.

And it helps that one can use healing items on allied officers. So you don't need to wait all the way for their health to go down like in HW or to be plain unable to heal them like in most of the other games.

Although, it might also appear that your allies are weaker because if they get attacked as part of a mission, they won't be able to hurt the attacker at all unless you are nearby. Technically it's the same as in Chronicles, but as I said, things move a lot slower there.

Honestly, all this pressure is why I think that Samurai Warriors 3 is far above the others. You always have to pay attention and manage your time. Sometimes you just have to accept that you can't complete certain missions and that there are currently more important skirmishes going on that you can't afford to loose. So there is just so much more going on then just mashing buttons.

Edited by BrightBow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6zgkp1YBRw

The Legend Of Zelda 3D (3DS)

18:18-18:58

Also exciting news that Tingle and Young Link will be downloadable characters for the Hyrule Warriors game on Feb 5th 2015!

Edited by PuffPuff

Why is the Kokiri Sword suddenly like the Biggoron's Sword though? xP That's just awkward.

Stil, Oni Link yes. He's the one badass thing in MM, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

Why is the Kokiri Sword suddenly like the Biggoron's Sword though? xP That's just awkward.

I called that out a while back when it was first announced myself. XD

And I just played some of the new dlc. I had a few rounds with Young Link and did some termina maps.

Young Link is great. At first I was a bit disapointed the Fierce diety mask was so prominent, but it works pretty well. Without it YL is fine, except when it comes to weakness points, but he turns into a real monster when transformed. Huge increase in range with the energy beams and his attack also gets a massive boost. Young Link is also the only character who can replenish his magic bar by himself by sacrifising some special.

The termina map gets some good new missions such as a killing or rupies gaining contest with another army. I also saw some odd things such as Lana and Cia having their weapons traded with each other for one mission.

The moon dropped really fast at first, but after that you are given more time. Fortunately because the entire map resets itself otherwise.

I don't like Young Link at all. His face just creeps me out. I mean, OoT Link almost always had a grimm facial expression while MM Link was usually drawn with a cocky smirk. But this Link's face seems to be entirely emotionless in his art. And in the actual gameplay when he gets to show emotion, the face still looks creepy.

Edited by BrightBow

I just got to use Young Link's Kombo VI for the first time (which took a while since it isn't listed in his move list, for some reason).

And OMG is this thing overpowered. So much power, so much range, so much invincibility. None of Link's moves compare to this one. I guess Kombo II is good for juggling but otherwise, why use anything else? It's completely insane.

And my Link is only lv 30 with a Rank 2 weapon. I can't even imagine how much more powerful this move gets.

I just got to use Young Link's Kombo VI for the first time (which took a while since it isn't listed in his move list, for some reason).

And OMG is this thing overpowered. So much power, so much range, so much invincibility. None of Link's moves compare to this one. I guess Kombo II is good for juggling but otherwise, why use anything else? It's completely insane.

And my Link is only lv 30 with a Rank 2 weapon. I can't even imagine how much more powerful this move gets.

It is a very good move. Perhaps they thought that it was a way to make up for Young Link's rather lackluster normal attacks?

Anyway played some more on the termina map and I like how its not as brutal as the twilight Princess map. What I don't like is that so far it has been a bit of a pain to navigate. Many sections are closed of or need items that can only be found on spots that are quite far away.

I tried out Tingle the other day, and I have to say that I am really enjoying the way he plays. He certainly has a "unique" moveset, that's for sure.

The one thing that I don't like about this update is the increased loading times. I swear it takes twice as long as load as it did before the update.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I think they may have wanted to reference Link's two handed fighting style with the Bigoron Sword and Great Faries Sword, The Kokiri Sword being the base of it seems odd though.

My guess is that they did this so they could use the same animations for both of Link's forms. After all, the Fierce Deity can do almost anything that a normal character can do, just with a time limit. So they would need to do twice the amount of work for just one character if they would make everything new.

Edited by BrightBow

DLC's apparently available. Still trying to get it working for me, though.

Edit: Got it. It also has a new update, with new potions, a better smithy system, AND a higher level cap.

Edited by Dai

• 2 weeks later...

So the details for the Boss pack have been revealed. It incldes two new modes, as well as:

• Max level raised
  • New mixture potions added
  • New medals added
  • Challenge mode expanded
  • Score recording function added
  • Challenge scenarios added
  • Bug that extends load times when entering battles fixed

I really just can't wait to play as Beast Ganon, demolishing enemies by swinging that Trident of his around.