Are there any characters that you at first didn't like, but have grown on you over time?

Surprisingly, Inigo, one of my favourite characters. At first, I hated him because he didn't seem to be serious about helping the other eleven kids save the past. He was running around hitting on ALL the girls. After reading a few of his supports(and Future of Despair), he seemed to grow on me without me realising.

I used to find Severa grating because I can't stand overly bratty tsun types and how she treats her mom but then I went through several of her supports + read her DLC convos and was all "aww no ;_;" and found her much more sympathetic after and now I'm Severa loving garbage

Still too not crazy about how she acts around Cordelia at times though but other than that shes one of my favs

I've taken quite a shining to Cynthia lately. There's a real charm to her carefree character, and I love it every time she wins a battle and makes the "eh-eh-ehhhhhhhh" hooray sound haha. I was put off from her initially because of the moronic introduction though. It would have been excusable if the enemy somewhat resembled Chrom or used some magic to transform. But the scene is just ridiculous. The mercenaries are even worse, which is hilarious. Cynthia is merely a child, so I guess she is allowed to be kind of naive. But the mercenaries deserve no better than to be converted and cut down. HOW COULD THEY THINK RUGER WAS CHROM??

Edited by Red Falcon

i think i'm pretty much the same on everybody as my first impression of them except kjelle, who i was completely neutral to at first and who really grew on me

I would say Donnel. At first he was terrible, but he helped on my Lunatic Playthrough A LOT. I also find it funny how a farm boy can basically grow into a war machine along with his child. Whoever that may be.

• 3 weeks later...

At first i didn't like fredric either mainly because i didnt use him enough. Since he was a jagen i stopped using after a handfull of chapters and never thought twice about it. but then i saw his quotes in the barracks about starting fires and the dlc chapter where everyone loses their money (cant remember the name) and he freaks out a bit because he lost his money. It completely changed the outlook i had on his character from generic knight who serves the royals, to a knight who tries to do his best and keep a stioc side but sometimes slips up and ends up being hilarious. Maribelle was sort of like that but i just never used her but when i started to she became one of my favourite units.

Edited by dancingninja

I'd say Kellam. I mean I somewhat SORT OF like him now instead of just flat out hating him. I mean the whole "no one ever notices me" gag got REALLY old for me quick. Hell even in his ending everyone forgets him. But with all that said, his supports were actually quite good. So minus the whole ghost not a ghost thing, yeah Kellam grew on me a bit.

Now Vaike... I will NEVER like him. Sorry not sorry Vaike fans.

Am I the only one who didn't initially dislike Severa? :O I knew she would be a tsundere from the get go and when she finally became sweet to her mother I thought it was cute. Acting tough when a battle is starting is a common tropey thing.

Yeah I don't think I'll ever like Vaike either. Dude has failed me too many times.

Am I the only one who didn't initially dislike Severa? :O I knew she would be a tsundere from the get go and when she finally became sweet to her mother I thought it was cute. Acting tough when a battle is starting is a common tropey thing.

For me the dislike was because it didn't seem like her acting tough to me. It seemed more "Oh my gawds u dumb dumb n' fail!"...which naturally got on my nerves at first.

Inigo was a bit of a roller coaster for me. At first I loved him during my second playthrough, when I first started using children other than Morgan and Lucina. But then I started to notice how he seemed to be contractually obligated to never end a conversation with a woman on good terms, and that wore thin, fast. I started to see him as a one-joke prick. Then I saw his support with Nah, which kinda opened my eyes to the fact that most girls in his vicinity temporarily become even bigger asses than he is (Sometimes to ludicrously out-of-character extremes, like with Noire and, again, Nah), so my annoyance shifted to a kind of morbid pity. Then I finally saw his supports with his father, and everything started to come together. His character finally made sense. I like him again. Though the pity is still there, it's tempered with some significant amounts of respect. I also love his combat personality, though that's been a constant since the beginning.

Edited by Alastor15243