High level, with early but limited availability

Paper Jam

You missed one!

Finn, a level 7(but he is so awesome, so lets agree that he is level KICKASS) Lance Knight(A horsie who is only allowed to wield Lance on horse), joins and leaves at the same time as Dagda and Eyvel. He's gotten back in chapter 8 automatically. He is an unpromoted unit, but he kinda fits the type since he is relatively stronger than the rest of the team, and have a Brave Lance that gives +20 Luck right from the start. He have a special ability which gives extra evasion once his HP drops low, which, when combined with Brave Lance make him almost invincible. Surprisingly he kinda falls off in late game since he have a low Sword Rank(in Thracia, you are not allowed to use Horse Indoor, and for the most part(any class that isn't Knight), Lance is exclusive to outdoor maps).

In comparison to other games, Finn would be the "Jeigan" while Eyvel would be those like "Greil" or "Cornelius"

Fin does gain a steady amount of experience compared to the other two, especially considering you face generic Warriors in 2x and level 10+ enemies in the other three chapters. Furthermore, his growths make him progress much quicker than the other two. Prayer only protects against killing blows, so it doesn't really matter what his HP is (try having him dodge Poleaxes for instance).

His sword rank isn't perfect for warp ltc shenanigans but it's useable and he also happens to give a leadership star just to be fielded, on top of a few neat supports.

So, hypothetically, what would happen if Titania left before chapter 8 and didn't return until chapter 14 or so? Or Seth after the split-up for about 5 chapters? Ignoring story justification of course.

FE9 : you get bonus experience, just rely on whoever you want to play with. You'd probably just promote Mia if you could, someone would try Oscar, some o.ther dudes Boyd.

FE8 : you still have guys like Ephraim, Vanessa, Franz, possibly Ross, Garcia and Joshua, while Duessel and Cormag or Gerik and Innes are just around the corner

Edited by Woodshooter

If you want them too.

I'm more interested in seeing what effect removing the jeigan has on playstyles and tier lists than on anything else. I mean, I know it won't be MUCH because many of the units were solid on their own and the only real 'motion' would likely be some mid-tier units moving up (besides the jeigan moving down a bit due to absence, obviously).

What can I say? I like thought experiments.

Dagda's still considered great because 7 move is amazing indoors and still alright outdoors. He has great durability and killing power, high Build makes him great for captures, Charge maes up for his borderline doubling Speed and he has bows which few people are competant with. Even an E rank Iron Bow coming from 14 base Strength is going to hurt when doubling. Imagine quadding.

Eyvel's main draw is being near invincible, but after getting her back she's poor filler with a leadership star.