When you promote your units....

Depends on the game. In FE3 I pretty much promote as soon as possible because of the low caps. In FE6 I usually promote Rutger and Saul early. Other than that, I prefer to wait until 20.

It tends to be 13-16 for me. For some units I promote them asap (Level 10). For units that need to meet a benchmark, I usually try harder to squeeze exp into them so they end up at 17-18 before promotion even if they promote at around the same time as others.

I do not have much experience playing LTCs, o in general using few turns.

Always promotes to Level 20... Except in specific cases.

Depends on the game and the unit. If they need a promotion early on they get one, but if I can afford to get a few more levels out of them for a chance to raise some key stats I'll hold off on it until I do need it. If promotion items are in contention I promote whoever can make better use of it- sometimes you need one really badass unit to kill stuff but other times having two units that aren't amazing but are still really competent is preferable. There's no specifically set time in my mind where I think "gotta promote now".

I promote whenever I can promote a certain character, they are basically glorified stat boosters that make you gain less exp in some games. Due to me low manning FE games a lot nowadays people just happen to promote at like 13-15 on average for me

• 2 weeks later...

Depend son the game, and the class. I like to promote healers as soon as possible, so they can actually fight. I generally wait until level 20 to promote otherwise, except in Awakening, where I still generally wait until then, but if I'm grinding them, or I've reached Chapter 17(the point where all enemies are promoted) and they still aren't promoted, I promote ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

I learned the hard way to not promote units early. Always at Lv. 20.

Unless it's Awakening. No point in waiting when Pair-Up bricks the game more than it already does.

Pre-Awakening, I learned to always wait until level 20. I initially carried over this old mentality into Awakening, but due to a combination of being able to level-up an infinite number of times with the help of Second Seals, its keeping track of "internal levels," and its skill system, I now only wait until level 20 if I'm in no hurry to get all the skills I want for a particular character.

lol I used to try waiting until late. Now, I can no longer stand having to put up with the lower experience gain and avoid those stat booster to the character. Plus, many of the good units do not even really need there full end game stats to be useful. By the time you reach full end game stats (other than FE13/12) you are pretty much over-killing everything in the game.

Besides its also incredibly tempting to promote say Sain early when that +1 speed pushes him from not doubling to doubling.

I usually promote as late as possible, unless it's a unit needing to catch up. (if it's a game with a world map system, then I always promote at 18-20.)

Edited by Knight