Ridley

• 2 weeks later...

...HOW did this topic slip under my radar?

Ridley is my favorite. I want him more than anyone else. (TWSS)

Regarding playability, I (like most people) interpreted the Ridley tease from the one NDD as him not being playable, but I've come to realize that the stuff that Owain quoted from Ragnell is probably the most likely outcome. I'm expecting-- albeit very cautiously-- that Ridley will be a hidden character, in light of the obvious Ridley reference made with the Pyrosphere's introduction ('An enemy from Samus' past may appear at any second...'). It's incredibly vague, but this plus the fact that only Ridley's shadow is shown makes it pretty obvious that something is being teased / hidden.

Also I made some Ridley palettes because why not

Ridley_default_zpsba1ee209.png

Ridley_super_zpsc833e2b5.png

Ridley_X_zps13b3230c.pngRidley_ZM_zps20113203.png

Ridley_retro_zps6c59c16e.png

Didn't do Meta Ridley because he'd be a lot of work and I'm lazy. But yeah, he'd probably be the sixth palette or maybe a Pink Jacket Mac / casual-wear Samus-esque alt.
Edited by BANRYU

Have we considered that maybe Ridley might be playable in his form in Other M before he grows wings? Like that one part where you're with all the soldiers and he attacks and nearly punctures Samus's head. He could make a little more sense like that because he isn't as massive

Mystery_Creature.png like this

Actually I think this was a huge waste of time now that I remember what he looks like haha

Edited by Spiky

Um yeah haha that's kind of a stupid idea .w. Nothing personal, but Other M was stupid and Ridley being a Pokemon in it was stupid.

Nah but seriously, me being extremely opinionated aside, I really don't see much reason to bring that thing back. Ridley is known for being... well, Ridley. Not the weird lizard-dog thing, y'know? Ridley's other forms might be seen as trophies if he IS playable, though.