a gallery(?)

singularity

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a classy bird.

-Haydyn and the Blond splice comp boy have some shading issues... need more consistent light source on the armor.

-Ichival and the Water Sprite(?) Girl with bangs look alright... but could definitely use some more splicing/editing to look different from their bases.

-Arrow, I like components of his design but feel its not quite meshing together as a complete look at the moment. The head is kinda cool though. I'd say keep the bandanna, keep the cape, maybe do something different for the body though... or change the colors up or something.

-EO sprite shield looks flat. Design looks okay, even if using a similar pose to the Merc maybe try a different reference/base for the body just to try and mix it up.

It looks like you're just adding highlights in the middle of each armor segment, which isn't really what you want to do. It's hard to explain how to do it, so here's a reference I made.

zAKKdho.png

Circular/round things have highlights that appear near the edges, and adding those makes it look shiny ish. When I was working on that, I noticed that your current WIP lost the slightly smoother outline that Lenh made, you might want to add that back in.

• 4 weeks later...

not dead yet, just don't really have time and motivation to make and edit stuff these days. also I still have WIPs yet to be finished, so...

@Toa: that's what I'm looking for, thanks. perhaps someday I will have the time to edit him more.

meanwhile I'm just going to leave the latest comp sprite here:

image.png

somehow this turned as one of my better splices. is it wrong I expected a bit more votes for him

Edited by singularity

Gotta agree that it wasn't terribly "traitorous," but the theme is optional, anyway. It is a great splice, though - and possibly the most interesting of the lot, seeing as just about everybody else's was a fairly obvious version of heavy Legault-on-Binks action (mine included).

Edited by Etain

[spoiler=tfw getting praised by a great spriter]images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_Sw_Jl4_PLHn3wf_YYp8

anyways:

14_3.png

he's done, I suppose.

[spoiler=some FC stuff]wip.png

originally he's going to be a revamp of the old custom self-portrait mug but I scrapped it b/c the hat doesn't look nice. admittedly I sort of traced sad!Eliwood for some parts of his face(minus his eyes and brows).

wipa.png

most recent WIP.

referenced vanilla!Eliwood(positioning+colors) as well as Asvel's tutorial(circle for head and line for body part), but it's pretty much full custom. maybe I should've give him a hair first before working on his face since idk what hair will go well on his face(I did give him some hair but I took this pic when I hadn't given him hair yet, and the hair doesn't really look pretty).

Edited by singularity

So... The FC OC(fruit cup orange county?) is the top one the old version, or your latest work?

Looks like it needs some definition/slimming of some proportions to define the neck and make the shoulders and such look more natural.

Classy look though. ;)

Armor dude looking better.

FC is for full custom

top guy is the older one(actually the only thing that's old is his face, I finished his outfit recently and gave his hair some strands). I think I need to retweak his eye somehow, particularly the lower part.

also any hair ideas on the WIP?

FC is for full custom

What no eye roll? ;p

on the new FC how about some Bieberish hair? Like Lowen but not covering the eyes? >.>

...really depends on what you what the personality to be I guess.