Rate this type I came up with - Atomic

Djing

The Light type - a more literal form of light compared to the Fairy type's supernatural form of light.

Super Effective against: Ghost (Ghosts don't play during the day), Steel (Laser cutters), Fairy (similar to Ghosts, Fairies like to stay hidden), Flying (Icarus and the sun)

Not Very Effective against: Electric, Grass (Plants take in sunlight), Fighting (Nice tan!), Bug (Insects are attracted to lights)

Zero Damage against: Ice (Ice is transparent so Light passes through)

Weak to: Grass, Ice, Water

Resists: Flying, Fire, Dark, Ghost

Type changes

Mega Manectric: Electric -> Electric/Light

Gigalith: Rock -> Rock/Light

Manaphy: Water -> Water/Light

Electivire: Electric -> Electric/Light

Volbeat/Illumise: Bug -> Bug/Light

Sunflora: Grass -> Grass/Light

Ninetails: Fire -> Fire/Light

Florges line: Fairy -> Fairy/Light

Rotom now has a Ghost/Light flashlight forme. Knows the move Quick Flash, a Light type Vacuum Wave.

Move Changes

Flash and Morning Sun are now Light type moves.

Most Electric and Fire type Pokemon can learn a few Light type moves. Any Pokemon with glowing body parts (Malamar, Lanturn, Ampharos) can learn Light type moves.

Photon Charge - Light - Physical - 90 BP - 100 ACC - Light type Wild Charge. Tutor-able.

Photon Force - Light - Physical - 90 BP - 100 ACC - Light type Phantom Force

Laser Cut - Light - Special - 60 BP - 90 ACC- Always crits. Tm-able

Solar Flare - Light - Special - 110 BP - 70 ACC - 50% Chance to reduce Evasion. Can't miss in intense sunlight. Tm-able.

Flash Saber - Light - Physical - 80 BP - 100 ACC - Targets Special Defense. Tm-able.

Quick Flash - Light - Special - 40 BP - 100 ACC - Priority move.

Shine Beacon - Light - Status - Heals yourself by 50% but reduces your evasion by one stage.

Laser Tripwire - Light - Status - Entry Hazard. Reveals the opponent's Item on entry. Can't be spun away but can be Defogged.

Nosferatu - Ghost - Special - 75 BP - Drains 1/2 of the damage dealt as health. Deals super effective damage to Light types. Limited distribution.

Gamefaqs didn't like this idea. What does SF think?

Edited by Spaceman Craig

I hate to burst your bubble, but the Light type is an idea that's been going around for years. :P

I added it to my fan region myself. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Ice being immune is a nice buff to Ice types defense. Ice only resisting itself brings a lot of Ice types down.

Being resisted by bug (my favorite type) is nice too. Though I wish bug could get effectiveness offensively too #Biasedhere

The one complaint I have is Florges being changed, if any type needs to be added to that thing, it's Grass.

I don't know, it feels too much like both the electric and fairy type IMO

I say it's already covered by Psychic.

EDIT: Actually, after reading through, it seems like a cool idea. I like how there's no damage to ice.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

because it isn't

it's a ghost type move designed to be effective against light when regular ghost moves would be not very effective

think flying press

nah you're thinking of something like freeze-dry instead

flying press just has two types

Another new type

The Atomic Type - I made this type because I wanted to imagine Godzilla as a Pokemon and I didn't think Poison would fit him. Any Radioactive, Alien or Kaiju-esque Pokemon would learn these moves.

Super Effective against: Ground, Fire, Flying, Water (Classical "Avatar" elements)

Not Very Effective against : Steel, Poison, Dragon, Bug, Grass (MechaGodzilla, Hedorah, King Ghidorah, Mothra, Biollante)

Resists: Ground, Fire, Flying, Water

Weak to: Poison, Grass (certain chemicals and mushrooms destroy/absorb radiation), Psychic (It needs a buff)

Type Changes

Mega Tyranitar is now Rock/Atomic

Elgyem line is Psychic/Atomic

Deoxys is Psychic/Atomic

Moves

Atom Smasher - Atomic - Physical - 120 BP - 100 ACC - Causes recoil

Atomic Breath - Atomic - Special - 130 BP - 90 ACC - Overheat clone.

Gravity Beam - Atomic - Special - 25 BP - 100 ACC - Hits three times with a 50% chance at raising Special Attack each hit. Exclusive to Hydreigon.

Imago Scales - Atomic - Special - 100 ACC - Atomic type Stored Power. Exclusive to Volcarona.

Meltdown - Atomic - Status - Increases all of the user's stats by one stage, but curses the user (User loses 25% hp each turn)

Nuclear Pulse - Atomic - Special - 80 BP - 100 ACC - 10% chance to reduce a random stat or inflict a random status effect. Boosted by Mega Launcher.

Horn Katana - Atomic - Physical - 90 BP - 100 ACC - Ignores enemy stat ups.

SKRREEOOONKK!!

Not to take anything away from what you've come up with, but I'm of the opinion that Pokemon doesn't need any more new types at all. Fixing the existing ones first instead of trying to make new ones should be the main priority.

I agree with the concept of rebalancing types (making Poison more useful, making Ice more than just a type of move you throw on Pokemon for move coverage, etc.), but I'd much rather see that be done within the existing types than by adding new ones, like Game Freak is prone to do to bandage-fix the series. :/

(Though, I do like some of the specific match ups (Ice getting x0 against Light and Grass and Poison having buffed offenses) and wish that changes like those would be make to the existing types...)