Is it legit to grind/arena abuse on gba fire emblem hard mode?

GrySun

If it doesn't use any outside tools (gameshark codes, tool assist, etc.), it's legit.

Eh, that would mean that abusing the mine glitch is fine because it doesn't require an outside tool; and I'm pretty sure most people would not consider that legit.

IMO if you can do it in the game as if it were just purchased from the store, unaltered, and without any sort of data editting/cheating device, it's legit, because it's literally how the game was made. If it's a bug in the game, oh well, it's still the game.

The arena on hard mode is risky and you might find it easier to ignore it. I was never fond of arena abuse anyway, but I tried it a couple times on both difficulties to see how it was.

IMO if you use the trick that lets you keep nini's grace on a unit indefinitely, hard more arena is mostly not much of a risk. Just in case you don't know about it, basically...if a unit ends its turn while it has been rescued by another unit, it doesn't lose nini's grace. So you can nini's grace a unit, make it fight in the arena, rescue it, then end turn. Next turn you drop the unit, give it a new turn with a normal dance, have it fight, then pick it up again with another unit. Oh and at some points you want to heal it. That being said, I don't recommend doing that.