Robin (M) is a terrible character

Bloo

If you had once torched a battalion of ships I don't think we could be friends any more.

You wouldnt like my Avatar then. That was totally his idea...

I actually would have preferred having the Silent Protag Option, but i guess i cant have my cake and eat it too. Weeeh.

IT's not surprising that character traits of the OT characters are easier to remember. Putting aside the fact that they've been ingrained in society, there's also incredibly, well, for lack of a better word, tropey, even when the movies first came out. 'Tropey' is unrelated to actual quality.

I half agree with this. I should've mentioned earlier that that character rule does not decide whether or not a character is good all by itself. I believe that there are many characters out there who fail the test, but still are good characters due to other elements.

What I think is that that rule only judges "part" of a character's appeal which in this case is how colorful the character is. It's one of many elements that go into a character, so it's unfair to say that character who fail the test are bad characters, but it's also unfair to say that characters who pass the test shouldn't get any points for having done it.

IT's not surprising that character traits of the OT characters are easier to remember. Putting aside the fact that they've been ingrained in society, there's also incredibly, well, for lack of a better word, tropey, even when the movies first came out. 'Tropey' is unrelated to actual quality.

But of course. Star Wars is, ipsis literis, the monomyth, set in a distant galaxy. I'd expect the characters to be tropey! The second part I agree with (tropey =/= quality).

Back on topic... Robin isn't even a character, he/she's just a canvas. He/she can even be muted in the Japanese version. It's redundant to say he/she isn't a good character. I wish we could build upon his/her personality more, but then Awakening would need to be the size of Mass Effect for everything to work (multiple routes, for example).

Back on topic... Robin isn't even a character, he/she's just a canvas. He/she can even be muted in the Japanese version. It's redundant to say he/she isn't a good character. I wish we could build upon his/her personality more, but then Awakening would need to be the size of Mass Effect for everything to work (multiple routes, for example).

The thing is, he/she has a personality that the viewer can see, the way they react to different situations, people etc, the only way I could say that Robin indead would be nothing but a self insert (exept more dialoge options) would be a silent protagonist approach, and honestly, I think it would have been better that way (really, why didn't the english versions have this option?).