What's the largest amount of money you spent on a video game series?

IceBrand

Probably Zelda? I mean, I got the Zelda Wii U, the Zelda 3DS, Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Zelda Collector's Edition, Skyward Sword, and Phantom Hourglass out of my own money. Not to mention paying for Hyrule Warriors. Oh, and a Zelda 3DS cover.

• 3 weeks later...

the MONSTER HUNTER series prob'ly

having spent $30 for tri, $250 for a wii u, and $60 for tri ultimate.

EDIT: oh yeah if you want to get technical,

the monster hunter series has cost me hundreds of dollars in gas driving out to meet the wonderful woman i did because of it. fuck the monster hunter.

^that, but excluding the gas money and the Wii U for me only cost.... oh what, $150ish? (Target was having a huge huge sale on white Wii Us) and including a $150 Wii because my other Wii broke and that series and that man were basically the only reasons I got a new one

Edited by Freohr Datia

Pokémon. Not just the games (though I have plenty of those), but I have a good collection of Pokémon cards (I still collect them in Japanese), plushes, and a few figures. Hard to judge the total amount, but easily over $1000.

Next up is probably Fire Emblem, since the Fire Emblem 3DSXL counts under this category (and that was €220 or so?). I've also purchased all the English-released games (including taking a hit for buying PoR only a few years ago), though I don't have much FE merchandise, except for my Ike plushie. So, a few hundred, with the 3DSXL taking the biggest brunt of that.

Third place would be the Lunar series. I bought the "fancy" edition of both PS1 versions of the games, the Sega CD versions, and the GBA remake (though not the DS Lunar Knights or whatever). I also bought the super awesome game manual for the PS1 Eternal Blue and the matching poster. Like Fire Emblem, I paid a premium getting the PS1 SSS in the after market, but even if you were to add the cost of the Sega CD console, this doesn't quite overtake FE expenditures, though it's close.

For my husband, it's Zelda for sure. He's not much of a merchandise person, but he's bought every Zelda game that's been released in Europe (with the exception of the OoT 3DS remake), and some multiple times (like getting Majora's Mask on virtual console).

My top three are

1. Kingdom hearts series (games, the manga, etc.)

2. Persona (Games, and plushes.)

3. Final Fantasy ( I have most of the side games and the only main series game I don't own is 8.)

Edited by Bankai

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of games by Atlus. Persona, Sekaiju no Meikyuu, Devil Survivor, Megami Tensei, Luminous Arc, Conception II. I'm just this piece of trash pouring money onto Atlus.

Fire Emblem, definitely. While I've spent nowhere near the amount that Shadowofchaos has spent, I have every game, except the Tellius series, and a bunch of Awakening merchandise, including a 3DS that turns on and off by itself.

I've grown up with Pokemon, alongside Fire Emblem and Atlus games. It really doesn't help that my parents were the ones who got me into games, manga, and anime at a really early age. So, having lots of nostalgia, I tend to buy a lot of Pokemon stuff.

probably earthbound since its the most expensive game i've purchased and I haven't bought enough games from any other series to eclipse that total

unless you count like, the pokemon/final fantasy games that were bought by my parents when i didn't have to buy my own games, I have FF's 1-7 and every gen of pokemon which is probably worth more, but I only actually bought FFVII and RSE and XY with my own money so.... YEAH