FE13 Lunatic Classic "Blind" Playlog

Irysa

I actually 1 turned Chapter 18 and 19 consecutively to see if I could, although it involved forging a Cecilia's Gale and giving a shitload of statboosters to Robin and reclassing Morgan to Sage. But it worked! Unfortunately I couldn't 1 turn Chapter 20 since Lissa's staff range wasn't big enough with Anna in tow. I think if I'd given boots to Lissa instead and had her pair with Libra it would have worked, but whatever. Alternative, DarkKnight!Robin, but I made her a Grandmaster again just for the aesthetic.

I went back to actually do the maps for real though. 18 is an interesting chapter, I like how it works. Yen'fay is a total joke though, he went down to Iron Bow Severa in one round <_<

[spoiler=Chapter 18]

Libra didn't get deployed. :(

My starting lineup involves Morgan/Avatar soloing the right side with Olivia and Anna backing them up. Anna can rescue Olivia out of range of enemies after she dances Morgan. I was actually contemplating giving the boots to Olivia as Ownagepuffs suggested but decided to hang onto them just in case there's some really asshole map that I really do want/need to 1 turn or something and Robin or Lissa need them.

Lon'qu and Gregor actually solo the left. Well I say solo but they kind of just choke a few points and sometimes get a few kills. Lissa rally speeds on a tile directly northwest of the first swordmaster, and is actually immune to being hit here when Gregor moves down to attack the SM, because the map is weird and you can't actually end a flying unit's turn over the lava, but can fly over it. So she's totally safe to all the Gryphons. On the middle, Lucina pairs into Chrom to clear a path via killing another SM, to let Cyththia/Sumia kill a Warrior in the way, then Severa/Cordelia kill a Sage. I made it a priority to kill every single 1-2 range enemy on clumps on this map first. Severa's exposed position means that inevitably when Cynthia fails to kill a Gryphon going her way (lower defence) because of her lower strength and Sumia's inability to hit Gryphons from the back (Lancebreaker is very common on them), most of the clump in the middle attacks Severa, who has pretty buff defence and a 40% activation rate on Sol, so she has no trouble surviving and killing tons of enemies.

Proceeding from this, I actually end up bouncing Olivia between both the center and right lanes via Lissa and Anna rescuing her so she can dance people who need to be danced whilst I progressively move up the map. Lissa has two chest keys that I'd saved from earlier maps to open chests here, since we're on a timer for those chests not dying. In retrospect, I could have used lissa's rescue on anna and had anna do it instead but it would have been more annoying so whatever. I doubt there will be any more maps where I need to open chests in a hurry anyway.

There isn't really too much to say about actual map strategy because it mostly just consists of moving up and targeting enemies with 1-2 range as a priority. Swords are great on this map since so many enemies use axes. Some of the Paladins use Lances but it's not a big deal if you don't ORKO them because the Gyrphons can get around the paths that the Paladins might block.

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                     SUPPORT

Chrom   Great Lord    20/11.30     52    30    04    31    31    27    25    10       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA A ROBIN B LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED C LISSA/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/13.64     58    33    10    41    41    34    26    22       A SWORD C LANCE            S MORGAN B CHROM/SUMIA/CYNTHIA
Robin   Grandmaster 20/20/02.70 (+)72    32    31 (-)24    31    29    30    23       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU A CHROM B MORGAN/LISSA/FRED C ANNA/CORDELIA/MIRIEL/OLIVIA
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/17.24    76    39    20    38    42    35    34    25       A SWORD A LANCE            S LUCINA B ROBIN/LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/10.14     45    22    15    37    37    26    17    25       A LANCE E STAFF            S CHROM B LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/12.02    62    33    07    40    39    34    26    20       B SWORD A LANCE            A SEVERA B CHROM/SUMIA/LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/09.60     50    27    10    33    33    21    25    18       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR B SEVERA C ROBIN/FRED
Severa   B.Knight     20/14.37     68    43    04    42    39    23    32    16       B SWORD C BOW              A CYNTHIA B CORDELIA/GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/10.21     47    25    06    36    37    23    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN B MORGAN/GREGOR C LISSA
Gregor     Hero       20/11.49     56    30    04    33    30    17    26    08       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA B SEVERA/LON'QU C LISSA
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/05.93    37    17    21    27    25    24    14    21       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   S LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU/GREGOR/OWAIN
Libra      Sage     ??/10/01.65    44    17    24    20    21    15    13    21       B STAFF E TOME (B AXE)     S LISSA C OWAIN/GAIUS
Anna     Trickster    ??/09.78     44    16    23    29    27    34    13    15       C SWORD C STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       20.13       33    11    08    25    25    18    07    05       D SWORD                    C ROBIN/LON'QU

Severa is scary...I think she is my best unit right now. Overtaking Morgan. :S

A mounted Sol user who is very tanky is a scary thing.

Chapter 19 is one of the most boring and uninspired map designs I have ever seen btw. Like the whole thing is just way too symmetrical and bland, it looks like a bad romhack or something. I'm probably doing TIki's Paralogue next anyway though.

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol is there like a reason not to 2 turn tiki's paralogue?

Like some awesome reinforcement item or dialogue or something. Because I'm not sure the game expects you to be able to 2 turn it but I can do it so I may as well for shits and giggles.

That's weird, I loathed C18 and thought C19 was kinda cool. The calvary rain concept was a neat idea.

C18 and C19 are very easy 1 turn clears. C20 not so much but C20 is also one of the easiest maps in the game.

Boots!Olivia can go the distance. But yeah, there is legit nothing you can't handle at this point so I don't think you need to save the boots for anything. Especially since there only like 7 chapters left.

Edit: The only reason to not 2 turn Tiki's paralogue is if you wanted to milk the reinforcements for exp. It's a pretty simple 2 turn clear otherwise.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

That's weird, I loathed C18 and thought C19 was kinda cool. The calvary rain concept was a neat idea.

I think FE6 already basically laid claim to fame for this type of map in C21 (insane reinforcement spam), but it's well designed enough that you can dodge reinforcements but that method requires some finesse, so it doesn't basically result in a straight up cheesey 1 turn "rescueskip". Really, rather than the concept my problem is with the actual layout of the map. It's just all bland and flat and terribly boring and looks so unnatural. Even the way the units are positioned is weird, they don't look like they're in a proper formation but at the same time they're at all these symmetrical spaced out patterns and stuff. As I said, it makes me think of a bad romhack or something. Plains just don't look like that, and if enemy units are in formation they should actually be in formation instead of looking like a "join the dots" puzzle.

C18 I like because it's like a better made version of FE6 14x or FE728x with the whole sinking tiles thing, but without letting units get trapped and also having a decent incentive to move up quickly and grab loot.

Also, I'm wondering about trying to spend the last bunch of chapters pointlessly raising Tiki lol. Her bases are actually pretty nice with Dragonstone+ taken into account, and come on, it's Tiki. I just feel obligated to pair her and Lucina up.

Edited by Irysa

2 Turned Paralogue 17. Won't detail it too much, just Pegs+Cynthia with beastkillers and Lissa's rally speed go left, both Lords and Lon'qu take right with Wyrmslayers/P.Falchion, and everyone else takes the bottom. Severa kills one gyphon with bows, gets danced then kills the boss herself, Robin kills another one off the cliff and then between Gregor and Morgan, one of them has to either crit @ killing edge (gregor) or proc astra @ javelin (Morgan), to secure a KO, then anna finishes off the weakened one.

Also 2 turned Chapter 19. Could have 1 turned it but I decided to train Tiki and give her Lucina (closest thing to Marth lol) as much as I can for the rest of this playthrough. I was going to dump every single statbooster in the game on her but apparently I didn't even really need it for C19, Tiki still gets like 5 kills easily with just some tonics. I did however, use a Rift Door on C17 shop to buy her another Dragonstone+

[spoiler=Chapter 19]

I already outlined how I dislike this map's layout so whatever, won't talk about that again.

Turn 1 setup has Robin and Lissa Rally pretty much everyone in the center. Tiki + Lucina kill both nearby Dark Knights with Olivia's help, then Chrom walks up and takes Lucina, swaps her to the front and she kills the central Paladin. Cynthia/Sumia and Severa/Cordelia get the Paladins south of the first group I fought whilst being in range of the Paladins and Bow knights north of the central building. Libra rescues Olivia out of harm's way, Morgan swaps Severa to a Levin Sword because she needs to grind support points with her mother so wants to fight at least one more battle even if the dmg isnt that great. Although actually, given Cordelia@Beastkiller in the back, and Rally Magic from Lissa and Spectrum from Robin and a Magic Tonic, this actually has a good shot of ORKOing the enemies that attack her on EP lol. On the other side Cynthia can just use a Javelin with Sumia@Beastkiller in the back for the same effect.

EP has 2 Paladins suicide into Tiki, then a Bow Knight and Paladin attack Severa and Cynthia respectively. On turn 2, Robin rallies as many people as she can, Owain rallies all my staffbots (I knew passing Rally Magic would be a good idea!), and I use my remaining units to kill whatever enemies I can, prioritising enemies with item drops (missed the Silver Lance and Arcwind only I think). Olivia pairs into Morgan, who runs up to Lucina/Chrom to swap transfer Morgan into Lucina, then dancing her. Anna Libra and Lissa all work together to get Lucina in range of Walhart.

For fighting Walhart, Lucina uses a Superior Edge I picked up from an event tile ages ago, which puts Walhart's hit to 0% (hah!). Morgan could lead instead but Lucina's Aether proc is more useful than Morgan's Astra vs a dude rocking a really high % chance of pavgis. I should note, at S support, both sitting at around 40~ish skill and DS+ they have like 92% DS chance or something now lol. Lots of things can happen in this fight but at the very least there's 0% chance of Walhart proccing Sol to restore his HP. I should get 4 total attacks with double DS being likely, and Morgan hits for like 23, whilst Lucina hits for 21, which basically adds up to being able to afford one Pavise negation between all 4 attacks. If an Aether occurs he's dead period even if he Pavise'd every hit. I can't be bothered to fully calculate all the specifics but considering this only failed once out of like the 15 times I tried it, the chances of success are probably pretty respectable.

Lucina hit level 15 after killing Walhart and promptly learned Rightful King. I can't help but find this amusing.

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                     SUPPORT

Chrom   Great Lord    20/11.61     52    30    04    31    31    27    25    10       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA A ROBIN/LUCINA B CYNTHIA/FRED C LISSA/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/15.01     60    35    11    42    43    35    27    24       A SWORD C LANCE            S MORGAN A CHROM B SUMIA/CYNTHIA C TIKI
Robin   Grandmaster 20/20/02.82 (+)72    32    31 (-)24    31    29    30    23       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU A CHROM B MORGAN/LISSA/FRED C ANNA/CORDELIA/MIRIEL/OLIVIA
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/17.57    76    39    20    38    42    35    34    25       A SWORD A LANCE            S LUCINA B ROBIN/LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/10.57     45    22    15    37    37    26    17    25       A LANCE E STAFF            S CHROM A CYNTHIA B LUCINA/FRED
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/12.74    62    33    07    40    39    34    26    20       B SWORD A LANCE            A SEVERA/SUMIA B CHROM/LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/10.20     51    27    10    34    34    21    26    19       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR A SEVERA C ROBIN/FRED
Severa   B.Knight     20/15.41     69    43    04    43    39    24    32    17       B SWORD C BOW              A CYNTHIA A CORDELIA B GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/10.68     47    25    06    36    37    23    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN B MORGAN/GREGOR C LISSA
Gregor     Hero       20/11.66     56    30    04    33    30    17    26    08       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA B SEVERA/LON'QU C LISSA
Tiki     Manakete      22.49       51    24+11 16+6  21+5  24+4  24    22+13 17+9     X STONE                    C LUCINA
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/06.21    37    18    22    27    25    25    14    22       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   S LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU/GREGOR/OWAIN
Libra      Sage     ??/10/02.25    45    17    25    20    21    15    13    21       B STAFF E TOME (B AXE)     S LISSA C OWAIN/GAIUS
Anna     Trickster    ??/10.32     45    16    23    30    28    35    13    15       C SWORD C STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       20.49       33    11    08    25    25    18    07    05       D SWORD                    C ROBIN/LON'QU

Great success on supports. Now Morgan is the only kid who hasn't got an A with his natural parent.

Hopefully I can have Tiki kill the final boss or something (since I presume it will be Grima...)

Edited by Irysa

Get ready to laugh at C20. It's a joke compared to C19, though Beastkillers won't be as useful.

Also yeah for a manakete Tiki's bases are through the roof. Combined with a +Spd bonus from Lucina you have a solid pair.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

6 turned, going quite leisurely too.

[spoiler=Chapter 20]

Tiki+Lucina essentially solo the entire mid section of the map. I gave Tiki Naga's Tear (fitting!) and some tonics and she pretty much is unkillable and has amazing 1-2. Gaius got deployed because I didnt want to use a master key on the right chests lol. The first turn is cool but the rest of the map isn't really. Cynthia@Armorslayer/Chrom@Rapier kill the Tomahawk General to the bottom left, Gregor@Hammer/Severa@SteelBow kill the Spear General behind him. Sumia transfers for Chrom who trades for the Amorslayer whilst Sumia is using a Shockstick to get a third General. Lon'qu and Morgan both @ Armorslayer kill the Tomahawk General on the right, whilst Lissa Rallies for Magic for Libra and Robin, who then proceed to chip then kill another General, whilst Olivia/Gaius Dance Lon'qu/Morgan to get the Spear behind. Tiki/Lucina run into the middle and just massacre on EP and pretty much repeat the process. The secondary groups are easy to deal with on the way, and I let the thief on the right open the door and one of the chests to save Gaius a turn. On the left, Anna just gets everything.

Note that Tiki doesn't quite kill Generals properly without DS procs and Pavise messes some stuff up so the jerks at the top of the map with Physic can potentially be a headache. One or two stragglers went into the side passages but were promptly cleaned up as Tiki continued her rampage to Walhart. After all the chests were grabbed and Walhart was weakened a bit, I bookmarked on the last turn so I could make sure Chrom gets the final blow on Walhart, just for thematics. Dissapointing that he has no special dialogue with anyone but Chrom though. Maybe Say'ri but fuck if I'm deploying her.

All things considered though Tiki is quite ridiculous at base, her only shortcoming being the fact her weapon is somewhat prized. Fortunately I did have the presence of mind to use a rift door on C17 to get her an extra Dragonstone+ before doing this, and Naga behold, Libra picked up a rift door on the final turn so I could get another 2 if I wanted to without using spotpass.

Chrom   Great Lord    20/13.61     54    31    04    33    33    29    25    11       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA A ROBIN/LUCINA B CYNTHIA/FRED C LISSA/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/16.16     61    36    11    43    44    36    28    24       A SWORD C LANCE            S MORGAN A CHROM B SUMIA/CYNTHIA C TIKI
Robin   Grandmaster 20/20/03.49 (+)73    32    32 (-)25    32    29    28    23       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU A CHROM/MORGAN B LISSA/FRED C ANNA/CORDELIA/MIRIEL/OLIVIA
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/18.44    77    40    20    39    42    35    35    25       A SWORD A LANCE            S LUCINA A ROBIN B LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/11.06     46    23    15    38    37    27    18    25       A LANCE E STAFF            S CHROM A CYNTHIA B LUCINA/FRED
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/13.21    63    34    07    41    39    34    26    21       B SWORD A LANCE            A SEVERA/SUMIA B CHROM/LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/10.20     51    27    10    34    34    21    26    19       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR A SEVERA C ROBIN/FRED
Severa   B.Knight     20/15.87     69    43    04    43    39    24    32    17       B SWORD C BOW              A CYNTHIA A CORDELIA B GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/11.27     48    26    06    37    38    24    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN B MORGAN/GREGOR C LISSA
Gregor     Hero       20/12.51     57    30    05    34    31    17    26    08       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA B SEVERA/LON'QU C LISSA
Tiki     Manakete     30/05.12     69    32+11 20+6  30+5  30+4  35    32+13 26+9     X STONE                    C LUCINA
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/06.39    37    18    22    27    25    25    14    22       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   S LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU/GREGOR/OWAIN
Libra      Sage     ??/10/03.28    45    17    25    20    21    15    13    21       B STAFF E TOME (B AXE)     S LISSA C OWAIN/GAIUS
Anna     Trickster    ??/10.53     45    16    23    30    28    35    13    15       C SWORD C STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       21.20       33    11    08    25    25    18    07    05       D SWORD                    C ROBIN/LON'QU

The world shall be saved by the Voice of Naga! All hail the Divine Dragon!

Chapter 21 looks kinda annoying but I guess underdeploying and throwing Tiki at the problem should handle it.

Edited by Irysa

Well Tiki still did the majority of the work on the map, but I didn't end up "cheesing" it so to speak.

I needed an extra unit to use the Rescue Staff and also needed a bunch of unpaired units to actually ORKO enemies on the first turn to secure this strategy, and I still needed tonics on top of it. Initially I was crit rigging but I recalculated some things to achieve it without crits. My units being above average makes this possible even without Galeforce or insane crit rigging, but I could have used some statboosters to reach the benchmarks. It's unfortunate that this map has 1 less deployment slot than the last one because if I'd been able to deploy Olivia I could have used Rally Spectrum to make a lot of this way more reliable, but alas, Robin has things to do on turn 1 and I have no room for Olivia.

[spoiler=Chapter 21]

The opening turn goes like this.

Anna opens the first door near the start of the map. Robin moves and has to crit the NosSorc behind the door at 21% crit at least once while doubling. Ignis procs and Anna's DS can help but ultimately the crit is the most likely way to secure the ORKO. After that Lon'qu moves 1 tile south of Robin to kill the MireSorc, needing to crit at least once along with a Robin DS. Astra procs can come in handy here too but since Lon'qu and Robin are married their DS is good and his crit chance is actually at 50%(!) with a Killing Edge. Morgan ORKOs the RuinSorc with a Str Tonic and Silver Lance (unforged, yeaah), whilst Severa is Rescued by Sumia so she can reach and ORKO the other MireSorc with a Str Tonic and Silver Sword. Chrom ORKO's the first Berserker with Cynthia pairup, Cordelia transfers for Cynthia who ORKO's the top Swordmaster with a Short Spear (need at least one DS at 40% here or an Aether proc, could have forced the Short Spear to make it more reliable), then Gregor transfers for Cordelia and swaps so she can ORKO the last initial SM, once again their marriage putting a DS chance very high. Libra rescues Tiki/Lucina into position to kill the first Assassin, Lissa rescues Morgan out of the way of a Sorcerer.

EP has a Berserker suicide onto Severa (it is somewhat cool that 57 Atk with a Sword is a precise benchmark to ORKO both Sorcs and Berserkers on this map), whilst everything else dies to Tiki.

Severa had a Master Key I'd saved with her prior, so she gets the Skill Book chest whilst Anna gets the Noble Rapier chest. Lon'qu pairs into Morgan, Robin pairs into Sumia, Lissa rescues Morgan south a lot so he can kill a Berserker, Tiki kills a Sorc whilst standing next to a wall to lure multiple enemies to attack through it. Sumia rescues Cynthia (Chrom paired back into her beforehand) who kills the other Sorc, Libra rescues Severa and Cordelia rescues Anna out of the chest room.

The rest of the map is fairly self explanatory. Cordelia uses the Master Key she got from a SM at the top of the map to get the Fortify chest after passing Gregor to Severa, and my Staffbots and Falcos spam Rescue to move people up quicker. Tiki killed things through walls, opened the door near the center of the map etc. Cynthia gets rescued to ORKO the MireSorc near the Bullion chest through the wall, then subsequently uses a saved Door Key to open the room so Anna can get the chest. Morgan/Lon'qu get the MireSorc and event tile on the far left, whilst Severa/Gregor get the MireSorc and Event tile on the far right. I dodge the reinforcements and have Tiki ORKO the boss after Lissa rescues her into position. All in all, the only MireSorc anyone ever had to dodge was the Bullion one, and anyone could take a hit + I had ample time to spam Physic so no real danger.

Chrom   Great Lord    20/13.53     54    31    04    33    33    29    25    11       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA A ROBIN/LUCINA B CYNTHIA/FRED C LISSA/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/16.97     61    36    11    43    44    36    28    24       A SWORD C LANCE            S MORGAN A CHROM B SUMIA/CYNTHIA/TIKI
Robin   Grandmaster 20/20/03.70 (+)73    32    32 (-)25    32    29    28    23       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU A CHROM/MORGAN B LISSA/FRED C ANNA/CORDELIA/MIRIEL/OLIVIA
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/19.30    78    40    20    40    43    35    36    25       A SWORD A LANCE            S LUCINA A ROBIN B LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/12.68     47    24    15    38    38    28    18    25       A LANCE D STAFF            S CHROM A CYNTHIA B LUCINA/FRED C CORDELIA
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/13.99    63    34    07    41    39    34    26    21       A SWORD A LANCE            A SEVERA/SUMIA B CHROM/LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/11.12     52    27    11    35    34    21    26    19       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR A SEVERA C ROBIN/FRED C SUMIA/LIBRA
Severa   B.Knight     20/16.80     70    43    04    44    39    24    33    17       B SWORD C BOW              A CYNTHIA/CORDELIA/GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/11.67     48    26    06    37    38    24    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN B MORGAN/GREGOR C LISSA
Gregor     Hero       20/12.71     57    30    05    34    31    17    26    08       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA B SEVERA/LON'QU C LISSA
Tiki     Manakete     30/16.16     80    37+11 24+6  35+5  36+4  41    36+13 31+9     X STONE                    B LUCINA
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/08.07    37    19    22    28    25    27    14    23       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   S LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU/GREGOR/OWAIN
Libra      Sage     ??/10/05.02    47    18    25    23    22    18    15    24       B STAFF E TOME (B AXE)     S LISSA C OWAIN/GAIUS/CORDELIA
Anna     Trickster    ??/11.29     46    16    24    31    29    36    14    15       C SWORD B STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       21.20       33    11    08    25    25    18    07    05       D SWORD                    C ROBIN/LON'QU

As for the plot...

You know, Robin could have at least said something a bit more heartfelt if you agree to let Lucina kill you..."Very well, I forfeit my life" just doesn't really carry any weight...the script for the No option is far better, since Robin is more affirmative in her commitment to Chrom.

Oh yeah I have a 1 Use Dragonstone+ that I can Hammerne next map I guess. Whoo.

Edited by Irysa

The map design from this point onwards will bore you, I can guarantee that. C22 is pretty fun, especially for an FE4 fan, even if it makes no sense plot wise.

Wow why the hell aren't the Deadlords on C22 weak to Blessed Weapons? I thought this stupid Blessed Bow I've been lugging around for 2/3 of the game might finally find a use but NOPE, not effective :(

I don't think they technically count as "risen". In fact, I think blessed weapons are only effective against entombed, none of which you encounter in any chapter. They're in skirmishes, though!

How about that 51 speed swordmaster? How crazy would I sound if I said I took her on with a Brave Axe? :P:

Pfft what's the point of making anti undead weapons if they don't work against regular old undead? Also, Brave Axe, none of my Annas have sold ANY brave weapons so far.

Chapter 22 was full of chumps. I can't even really write a full update for it, Tiki/Lucina kill the Sniper and Valk through a wall on EP whilst Morgan/Lon'qu kill the assassin (overkill speed pairups ftw), Beastkiller Chrom/Cynthia kill the Paladin and Bowbreaker Severa/Gregor get the Bow Knight (Bowbreaker offsets his own Bowbreaker). Tiki weakens the General for Chrom, who gets rescued, Danced, Cynthia/Chrom kill the Dark Knight, Severa/Gregor weaken the Warrior at 2 Range for Morgan/Lon'qu to finish off. Tiki kills the Sorc, Cynthia kills the War Cleric, Morgan weakens the SM on EP for Chrom to kill then weakens the Sage again for Chrom once he got danced and Severa killed the boss. Also Robin did Rally Spectrum like every turn <_<

Like, it was pretty cut and dry. If there was an FE4 reference it went over my head because I haven't played any Jugdral FE yet.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

Chrom   Great Lord    20/15.31     56    32    04    35    33    31    26    11       A SWORD B LANCE            S SUMIA A ROBIN/LUCINA/CYNTHIA BFRED C LISSA/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/17.22     62    37    11    44    44    37    28    25       A SWORD C LANCE            S MORGAN A CHROM B SUMIA/CYNTHIA/TIKI
Robin   Grandmaster 20/20/03.70 (+)73    32    32 (-)25    32    29    28    23       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU A CHROM/MORGAN B LISSA/FRED C ANNA/CORDELIA/MIRIEL/OLIVIA
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/20.00    79    41    20    41    44    35    37    25       A SWORD A LANCE            S LUCINA A ROBIN/LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/12.68     47    24    15    38    38    28    18    25       A LANCE D STAFF            S CHROM A CYNTHIA B LUCINA/FRED C CORDELIA
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/15.52    64    34    07    43    41    36    27    21       A SWORD A LANCE            A SEVERA/SUMIA/CHROM B LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/11.12     52    27    11    35    34    21    26    19       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR A SEVERA C ROBIN/FRED/SUMIA/LIBRA
Severa   B.Knight     20/17.90     71    44    04    44    39    24    33    18       B SWORD C BOW              A CYNTHIA/CORDELIA/GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/12.35     49    27    06    38    39    25    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN A MORGAN B GREGOR C LISSA
Gregor     Hero       20/12.81     57    30    05    34    31    17    26    08       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA B SEVERA/LON'QU C LISSA
Tiki     Manakete     30/18.24     80    39+11 25+6  35+5  36+4  43    38+13 32+9     X STONE                    B LUCINA
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/08.34    37    19    22    28    25    27    14    23       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   S LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU/GREGOR/OWAIN
Libra      Sage     ??/10/05.31    47    18    25    23    22    18    15    24       B STAFF E TOME (B AXE)     S LISSA C OWAIN/GAIUS/CORDELIA
Anna     Trickster    ??/11.68     46    16    24    31    29    36    14    15       C SWORD B STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       21.64       33    11    08    25    25    18    07    05       D SWORD                    C ROBIN/LON'QU

The real benefit of this map was maxing out a few family supports and getting level 15 skills for Chrom and Cynthia lol. Now the only family supports I have left to do are on Lucina but since she's glued to Tiki right now I guess she's never getting to A support with Cynthia or Sumia.

Contemplating doing something silly on Morgan's final reclass.

Edited by Irysa

I bought the Brave Axe from a spotpass shop when Cherche reached A axes around C17 or so. Blessed weapons could have a cool niche in that they auto vulnerary at the start of the turn. I could image there being some cool starts involving it.

C22 is comprised of the toughest enemies in the game. Essentially a team readiness check. If you thought they were chumps then don't expect much from the rest of the game, lol.

Also C22 is one huge FE4 reference. The Holy Weapons and dread lords were from that game. How fast is the Tiki/Lucina support?

I don't really see how it's much of a team readiness check if you can just rescue staff past everyone with like, base Anna (since none of them move on turn 1) and rig a crit on Aversa with a Bow or a Beastkiller or something. To me it's more like a "hey check out this cool loot you probably want if you have not great stats, lol too bad you don't have good stats so you can't get it."

Also Blessed Bow on Severa kinda is irrelevant when she has 40+ skill and sol so her self healing is already ridiculous haha.

As for the support, it's the standard friendship support. so 1 Map = C, 2 Maps = B, 3 Maps = A, but since I used a seed of trust on this map I'll get A after the next chapter. Tiki really needs a speed pairup to consistently double though. I guess Say'ri is actually not a terrible choice because of that either (I actually read some of their supports, Tiki is oddly playful in theirs compared to her other ones), but the "Marth" x Tiki combo is too tempting.

Edited by Irysa

Your Severa is a goddess so she doesn't count.

I meant in a general sense, some people may find a good use for blessed weapons. I can't think of one but who knows?

I suppose you're right. The C22 mooks being tougher than the actual boss struck me as odd. They *can* act as a ready check but it doesn't mean they actually are one. As far as your shiny new weapons are concerned, none of them are really that good aside from the +5 Speed Bow/Sword. The 1-2 Range +5 Def Axe can be pretty sweet too but you don't have any A rank axes on your team. Oh wait Gungnir is amazing for your Fliers and Cynthia.

Wrt Tiki it seems rather intentional that they gave her support options that give large +Spd boosts. They designed her in the way you were thinking, she needs +Speed to keep doubling. Oh and her supports with Say'ri are indeed pretty adorable.

I got fucked by reinforcements twice on this chapter now lol.

The first time I was doing it "normally" and had Chrom "kill" Validar on Turn 2 and then just progressively was working on routing the map but then I derped because I thought the reinforcements were only gonna come out from the right side of the map for some reason and lost Lissa. Then I was like "ugh" and just sent Tiki to solo the map, and then killed Validar on the turn he showed up. Unfortunately, killing the boss did not stop reinforcements spawning because there was a lone jerk General who hadn't died to Tiki before since Lucina didn't proc any DS, so whoops Olivia died.

Round 3 I guess I'll just do it normally again except block the stairs on the left side of the map this time...

Just in case it is a reinforcements spoiler you don't want to see, I'll spoiler tag it.

The first set of reinforcements only come from the stairs in the Validar area, there are only 3 enemies that pop out. I believe that's at the end of turn 4. Turn 5 onwards is when they start spawning from every staircase. So you really only have to worry about them at turn 5 end. No need to keep your units occupied on stairs that no reinforcements will spawn at when they can help clean up the Validar area.

The Generals are by far the most annoying thing on the map. At least the assassins are super squishy. Flavia and Basilio can contribute immediately as well of you're interested. Basilio 2HKOs the assassins and after rally spectrum he does exactly 40 damage to berserkers and doubles them with his silver bow.

5 Turned it with a bit of planning. Was originally going to do something silly like make Morgan a Berserker and give him every Arms Scroll for Helswath but having 8 mov is just way too good.

[spoiler=Chapter 23]

Everyone heads to the top left of the map at the start. Rig a crit with Severa Killer Bow on the General and make sure the top Assassin doesn't have Mov +1 so she can fight him on EP. The RuinSorc (these guys are kinda scary) dies to Cynthia/Sumia whilst I try to feed the Assassin to Lon'qu/Gregor. Morgan can finish him off if they don't get any crits. Tiki/Lucina walk to a nearby pillar, avoiding the Wyrmslayer Hero (although it's not like Tiki could die anyway even if she did get hit by him)

Validar goes down on turn 2 and the following turns generally consist of throwing Tiki into an optimal EP position whilst eliminating what targets I can with Severa, Cynthia and Morgan, rescuing them out of range of any enemies before we go to EP. Sumia's decentish mag stat actually make her pretty okay at helping out for this. By turn 5 everything but one reinforcement General and Validar is dead. I use a combination of Rescues to get units into position to kill the General, whilst Rally Spectrum/Strength Tiki/Lucina fight Validar first. Then because I derped and miscounted tiles, I had to get Olivia to dance Cynthia/Chrom, and then decided to just let Chrom/Lucina kill Validar via transferring. Convoyed out an Eirika's Blade I picked up a while ago from the Barracks and prayed for Lucina's DS, but Chrom procced Aether whoo.

Chrom   Great Lord    20/16.14     56    33    04    36    33    32    27    11       A SWORD B LANCE            S SUMIA A ROBIN/LUCINA/CYNTHIA BFRED C LISSA/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/19.19     64    39    11    46    46    37    28    25       A SWORD C LANCE            S MORGAN A CHROM/TIKI B SUMIA/CYNTHIA
Robin   Grandmaster 20/20/03.85 (+)73    32    32 (-)25    32    29    28    23       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU A CHROM/MORGAN B LISSA/FRED C ANNA/CORDELIA/MIRIEL/OLIVIA
Morgan   Paladin  10/14/20/01.35   79    41    20    41    44    35    37    25       A SWORD A LANCE            S LUCINA A ROBIN/LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/14.25     49    25    15    40    40    28    18    26       A LANCE D STAFF            S CHROM A CYNTHIA B LUCINA/FRED C CORDELIA
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/15.75    64    34    07    43    41    36    27    21       A SWORD A LANCE            A SEVERA/SUMIA/CHROM B LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/11.79     52    27    11    35    34    21    26    19       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR A SEVERA C ROBIN/FRED/SUMIA/LIBRA
Severa   B.Knight     20/19.24     73    44    04    45    39    25    35    18       B SWORD C BOW              A CYNTHIA/CORDELIA/GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/13.50     50    27    06    39    39    26    18    13       A SWORD                    S ROBIN A MORGAN B GREGOR C LISSA
Gregor     Hero       20/13.26     58    31    05    35    32    18    27    08       A SWORD B AXE              S CORDELIA A SEVERA B LON'QU C LISSA
Tiki     Manakete     30/26.09     80    40+11 28+6  35+5  36+4  47    41+13 36+9     X STONE                    A LUCINA
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/08.61    37    19    22    28    25    27    14    23       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   S LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU/GREGOR/OWAIN
Libra      Sage     ??/10/05.31    47    18    25    23    22    18    15    24       B STAFF E TOME (B AXE)     S LISSA C OWAIN/GAIUS/CORDELIA
Anna     Trickster    ??/12.91     46    16    24    31    29    36    14    15       C SWORD B STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       22.08       35    11    08    27    25    18    07    05       D SWORD                    C ROBIN/LON'QU

Tiki only hasn't capped Mag and Res now. :V

Plot stuff

I still don't understand what the heck the deal was with the Gems and the Fire Emblem and Basilio. If Chrom has the Fire Emblem the whole time, how can Basilio be swapping the Gems around without inadvertedly being noticed? Plus, all the Gems are legit at the end because Future Robin turns into Grima aren't they? Was it just a really big bluff? It would have made more sense if the Gem he gave to Flavia wasn't actually the real Gem in the first place or something and wasn't "apparently" some kind of ploy by Robin that makes no fucking sense.

Also there's something funny to be said about still having a GreatLord!Chrom at this point since the dude is still wearing the Fire Emblem on his model in all the cutscenes...

Edited by Irysa

wyvern lord!morgan has clutch mov and helswrath and I heard he wrecks a certain map, which you can prepare by grinding the C24 reinforcements

Wyvern Lord would have also let Morgan keep his lance rank which is cool beans. Paladins still wreck face as they always have.

Oh and try not to make sense of the plot. You'll only hurt your brain.

lol it didn't even matter in the end anyway.

Chapter 24 - Tiki + Lucina kill everything in the middle of the map whilst occaisonally picking stuff off with other units. Same as the last map. Tiki is like, omgamazing vs those Swordbreaker Wyverns, wouldn't like to be doing this chapter without her.

Chapter 25 - 1 Turned it because fuck it, the game's nearly over.

Final - Gave Chrom every single statbooster available except for spiritdusts and gave Lucina boots. Spam Rally Strength/Speed/Spectrum, used Severa to clear the way for Chrom and Lucina before rescuing everyone into safety. Dump Chrom in front of Grima and pray. Lucina Dual Guarded a killing Ignis Blow from Grima onto Chrom on EP and then they both tagteamed Grima down. Whoo!

Went for the Robin sacrifice ending. Then she came back, somewhat unsurprisingly even though the game wants to make you think she wouldn't with that THE END, haha. A little dissapointed that spouses seem to get shafted in terms of having endings expanded.

IIRC in ranks, Robin was first, Chrom was second and Tiki was third.

All in all - for all the cheesiness it was a relatively well executed ending with nice music and everything. Fun game, has a lot of dumb stuff in it but doesn't deserve the amount of shit it gets.

(lunatic+ pt imminent)

Maybe I'll go try those spotpass maps.

[spoiler=Character Ratings]

Robin - Awesome earlygame, good midgame, lategame turned into a rally spectrum/pair up bot. Still super useful the whole game so definitely S Rank.

Chrom - Was actually pretty good in the earlygame because of the insane EXP dump Chapter 5 and 7 did for him. He had a pretty mediocre midgame and was a pairup bot for lategame. At that point he was basically just fed kills to get to Rightful King. B Rank.

Frederick - Godlike earlygame, popped in here and there for midgame pairup and stuff, hard benched after that. B Rank.

Lissa - Only healer for a long time. Put in a lot of work to make her a good FalcoKnight rescuebot and it paid off in a lot of maps. Utility only matched by Anna. A Rank.

Sumia - Great earlygame flying utility and insane speed for doubling very fast enemy types. Beastkillered stuff in Valm acceptably but was mostly a rescuebot for lategame, which is still good. B Rank.

Lon'qu - Gave Robin the speed she needed to double many enemies and had a pretty good earlygame and decent midgame due to high speed. Fell off hard lategame because I put him into a shitty class. B Rank.

Cordelia - Good early and midgame, nonexistant lategame since her Rescue Range sucked, except for flying 9 tiles with Bow Knight Severa in tow. She did pump out the most monsterous child of them all so she can take a B.

Gregor - He was extremely helpful on a few maps due to Hammer and HandAxe access but Axes were not very helpful aside from that. His bulk at least made him a competant frontliner and he passed down Sol to Severa, which was definitely good, but really not a particularly useful unit overall. C Rank.

Olivia - Dancer. Default A Rank.

Libra - Spammed staves and killed mages before he reclassed to Sage where he spammed staves. B rank, mayyybe A for that niche magekilling early on.

Anna - Chest utility + Staff utility + 7 mov and + Mov pairup AND competant fighting due to Levin and insane speed for doubling. Best staffer, A Rank.

Lucina - Easy to train, had great stats but did not do an awful lot exclusively throughout. However as a DS+ back for Morgan and Tiki she was incredible, and her P.Falchion was an awesome weapon so she can get an A.

Morgan - Juggernaut midgame, lategame was fine. I'm kinda surprised he didn't get a medal, but I suppose it's because he was only super dominant in the early Valm maps and Paralogues since he was bulky enough to take hits and strong enough to use Javelins and still get ORKOs (thanks to Lucina's P.Falchion admittedly). B Rank

Cynthia - She was definitely good and worth raising, but out of all the kids I used she didn't really do an awful lot. She was the middle ground between Morgan's bulk and attack and Lucina's speed. Like Morgan, she was only dominant during the early Valm maps. B Rank

Severa - The strongest child hands down. Training a Bow user was oh so worth it, and she was pretty much invincible even later on in the game thanks to great bases passed down and Sol. Spamming Killer Bows was extremely useful and Bow Knight was a great pick due to the extra mov allowing a few special positioning reqs. Out of all the others, she pulled the most unique weight in terms of just being very capable of tanking and sniping obnoxious enemies at 2 range. A Rank

Tiki - Nearly entirely solo'd the last stretch of the game with Lucina in her pocket. I'm a little sad I couldn't get her to kill Grima but oh well! Very happy that Tiki is such a good unit in this game. A Rank.

Edited by Irysa

Congrats on finishing your run, Irysa!

Funny thing about C24 for me was that Sumia!Lucina capped the shit out of skill like 2 chapters ago so she was hitting through sword breaker like a champ. Otherwise yeah this map is brutal for wyrmslayers. Bow Knights for the win.

Your characters rankings sort of resemble mine. I have a few differing opinions like Sumia/Morgan/Chrom but I'm glad this run can serve as a reference for how good some other units are in a Lunatic environment. A lot of characters have kind of been overlooked. When is the day we'll do a unit discussion thread? :(

Tiki's performance certainly surprised me. I knew she would good with a +Spd pair up and I honesty considered doing Say'ri/Tiki in my run but Say'ri ended up being Morgan's personal pair up bot. Her speed bonus is no joke.

Even if you do a Lunatic+ run it will no longer be a blind run. It won't have that Irysa touch of somehow kicking ass despite knowing nothing. Plus you have an FE6 LTC to finish :P:

Lucina had capped skill for me too but she missed every single attack in the back vs them with Tiki. I guess at the front she'd support bonuses so that wouldn't be an issue, but most of them still have Tomahawks and crap. Like, 1-2 just becomes so absurdly important in this game for clean enemy phases (like a lot of FE games admittedly), but since rout is common, and FE13 follows on from FE12 in nerfed 1-2 weapons, Tomes and Dragonstones end up being the only really good 1-2 weapons. I had no competant magic users aside from Robin who I neglected in midgame due to training kids on horses, and Robin also purposely didn't go into more mobile reclass because muh aesthetics. Morgan would have probably been a much more useful unit if I made him a Dark Knight instead of a Paladin, and his Mag growth wouldn't even have been that bad. Anyway, that's basically why I ended up letting Tiki stomp, since her 1-2 was just way better than my other options. Although I did have to blow Rift Doors to buy Dragonstone+ and use Hammerne to keep her going.

FE6 LTC is a thing but I don't really expect to finish it anytime soon anyway, and I have no obligations regarding it!

Also apparently according to activity log I sunk nearly 420 hours into my first playthrough of this game. Maybe minus off a hundred of that idling but still...impressive.

I feel like buying the DLC grind maps and going to town on raising some other units/getting the rest of the kids and making some broken combos to go stomp the postgame content with right now.

Edited by Irysa

1-2 Range is indeed nerfed in this game but unlike FE12 these units have full power dual strikes to back it up. Enemies are also quite squishy towards the end with all the Assassins, Zerkers, and Swordmasters you face. The 80 HP/34 Def(?) Generals are by far the worst though, in my opinion. That is just way too much bulk. They are also the biggest hindrances to EP sweeps. The C24 Calvary was sorta bulky but still easy to ORKO.

Honestly, since you didn't use the bonus items, the Paralogue 17 Hammerne is best off on Tiki's Dragonstone+ anyway. Rescue staves are buyable and there is no warp so Hammerne isn't that valuable in this game.

Dark Knight!Morgan would have definitely been solid. Dark Knight is a really good class and the game is somewhat generous with tomes. Enemy res is also crap forever. Could've did some funky things with a Levin sword too if you wanted to get creative.

Also, once you go post game, you don't go back lol.

unlike FE12 these units have full power dual strikes to back it up.

Yeah but the dmg difference is still very large. It's not like the Dragonstone or Tome options don't have DS too. I was able to acheive ORKOs for Valm/Kid Paralogues with MorganxLucina via Javelins and her P.Falchion in the back but it becomes difficult to do without forges or better than tier 1 1-2 range options after a certain point. And without SpotPass you're not buying ShortAxes/Tomahawks or ShortSpears/Spears so you'll be stuck forging Javelins and shit for ages. Comparatively forging is kinda not even neccessary on Tomes to make them kick ass on EP. Sure the game does throw buckets of money at you but it costs like 6000 gold or something to buy and forge a Javelin to 7 Mt wheras you've got 5 to 7 Mt tomes all available for like 1000 gold after chapter 13 and it only gets better. (plus shitty enemy res makes their mt way better in real terms, and anything but the Dark Tomes have more uses as well)

Edited by Irysa