FE13 Lunatic Classic "Blind" Playlog

Irysa

Thanks.

I'm thinking I should be able to tackle Cynthia's paralogue right now. Severa's after that also might be possible as well. It will be considerably more difficult to feed Cynthia or Severa kills on their respective paralogues since there are no unpromoted enemies, but Cynthia should be able to snag some kills with a beastkiller depending on how the mercenaries to the top of the map pull. I'll have to spend some time figuring that out. Severa might be able to be fed some enemies on her own Paralogue with appropriate planning since many of them have low defence.

I'm probably making Cynthia a Paladin (maybe Dark Flier?), Severa a Bow Knight (maybe just a Hero) and having them support each other/their parents primarily. Main reason I want to do their paralogues now is that there are actually still a decent chunk of unpromoted enemies in chapter 14 that could be used by the two of them to get off the floor, since they're not as lucky as Morgan and Lucina in having good paralogue to train in. Severa could use chapter 14 Pegasus reinforcements to get some free bow rank and exp, whilst Cynthia can keep beastkillering things. I could also just wait a long time to recruit them but that's a bit less interesting to attempt.

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting a long time to recruit them may also diminish the value of their contributions.

Edit: Keep em coming man. I loved your blind FE12 run. This is shaping up nicely as well.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

you sure have balls for starting this game with lunatic

Anyways, I think it's possible to 1-turn c13 while still getting both silvers (will you actually use a Sniper on this run to make use of Longbow?) by resq'ing Anna, killing the Silver!Warrior with levin, pairing up Sumia with Fred for extra mov to kill the Silver!Sniper from melee range, olivia rescuing to dance anna for the bosskill from range (though the boss requires 35 mag atk on h1 which i'm playing atm, so you'd probably need to forge the levin, give her a mag support and tonic or rig dual strike). we sure want to see an awakening lunatic blind ltc playthrough Wasting the experience isn't worth it though. Also good job on reminding me of the buyable rescue, I spammed it a lot throughout the earlygame and then bought 9 staves from the shop on my run instantly lol.

edit: forgot that Avatar can use Levin too lol, but fullskipping sucks anyways

Edited by Gradivus.

you sure have balls for starting this game with lunatic

Nah, doing FE11 and FE12 on H5 and H3 first run was probably harder in retrospect. The early chapters are fucking hell on earth compared to this game, which is okay as long as you don't overdo it on Fred. Although admittedly I could have made FE12 earlygame a lot easier by dumping more EXP into avatar but whatever, FE12 chapters 2 to 5 are super hellish unless avatar has promoted.

(will you actually use a Sniper on this run to make use of Longbow?)

Highly unlikely, but I think I'll try to make Severa a bow user.

Cynthia's paralogue took less planning than Morgan's for optimal distribution, mostly due to the fact there aren't any stupid reinforcements. But still, it took some time. I managed to make sure every main pull resulted in some kills for her though, for a total of 10 kills across the map, leaving her just short of level 9 which I'm pretty happy with.

Lucina promoted, and outclasses Chrom on basically all stats. Cynthia was second sealed to Cavalier, and most likely is getting promoted to Paladin. I worked on her Sword Rank a little because it's really easy when you have Discipline, and there may come a time when I want to use an Armorslayer, or want to Arms Scroll her for a good sword, who knows. Speaking of weapon rank though, I'm going to at least try to get Lucina to D for Javelins, but since her P.Falchion is so good it's unlikely I'll have her use Lances much otherwise. Lissa made some progress towards D Lances herself via tinking Snipers on this map. If she makes it to D and gets Lancefaire I can Arms Scroll her for Shockstick access to inrease her range.

For reference, these were Cynthia's stats when recruited.

Cynthia  P.Knight      10.00       34    16    07    23    25    21    12    14       C LANCE

[spoiler=Paralogue 9]

Promoting Lissa to Falcoknight had instant benefits on this map, since instead of having Anna rescue Sumia to recruit Cynthia on turn 1, I could get Lissa to Rally Magic, get danced, rescue Chrom and have him do it for the superior recruit conversation (P...P...Pega Pony Princess...) <_<

Anyway, the opening moves are fairly simple. Since turn 3 is when both of the closest groups move down, you should ideally want to recruit Cynthia on turn 1, kill and/or weaken most of the group she's with and then you have a spare turn to set up for the second ball of enemies. As outlined, Lissa rallies, Anna pairs into her, Lissa gets danced, rescues Chrom, Chrom reruits Cynthia and pairs up, Cynthia heads to the starting position and seals herself to Cavalier. Libra rescues Lissa and Sumia rescues Cynthia, Fred transfer drops Anna. I have Robin and Lon'qu take a forest tile to the bottom left of the map in range of all the Snipers, whilst Morgan and Lucina take a tile more towards the center. Cordelia and Gregor stand diagonally behind since they won't kill one of the enemies, and I want to feed Cynthia kills. Since Morgan's defence is higher than Robin's the Snipers aim for Robin who can get ORKOs with what remains of my basic wind and thunder tomes thanks to rally magic and at least 1 DS proc, instead of Morgan who'd struggle to put nearly as significant a dent in their high defences.

Morgan + Lucina slaughter the Berserkers and Heroes attempting to come after them. DS+ is such an amazing skill, allowing a C support to semi reliably get off DS is such a game changer. Robin and Lon'qu similary massacre the Snipers and a lone Hero to the bottom left, and Robin hits level 15 for Rally Spectrum, another amazing skill. I put it to use immediately by moving Robin over to my main clump of units and having her rally. Rally Spectrum gets used extensively throughout this map, and is a great help in letting Cynthia get killing blows with a weak Bronze Sword. It makes me really wish I'd done Dark Mage Morgan since he would have transitioned into Grandmaster effectively later on. Oh well.

At this point I'm kicking myself because I realise the Warrior has Counter, something I should have checked for prior to starting the map. I get around it via chucking Javelins at him, Lucina takes the kill whilst Cynthia gets the weakened Hero who attacked Gregor and Cordelia. Then a turn of setup for the next enemy wave. This group is trickier since the maximum movement range for a few of the enemies in the back overlaps with the range of the groups behind them, meaning I have to pull them out twice. Morgan and Lon'qu beat up on some pulled enemies along with Lucina and Chrom. To be honest I don't remember the positionings here exactly but I'm pretty sure I was just sitting relatively near the edge of their range at the center of the map. Robin rallies again and Cynthia squeaks in another kill on a Berserker, whilst Lucina kills a Sniper. I rescue staff a lot of my units out of the way and have Morgan Lon'qu sit on a forest tile at the bottom of the map with a Javelin equipped, killing a Hero or two and weakening Snipers. Repeat basic process of having Robin rally, Cynthia squeak in 2 kills via being danced, and having other units clean up. Lucina hits 20 via dualstrikes at this point so I promote her.

Next group, both activate at the same time. For this one I threw Morgan to the wolves on the right of the map with javelin and robin supporting, providing a large boost for neccessary damage. Obviously Robin rallies first before being danced to pair up though. As for the left, that's primarily Gregor and Cordelia although I have Lucina and Chrom bait 1 enemy off them via standing on the event tile. The cleanup here is way more difficult since there's just not enough oomph in the hits to get clean KO's but I have enough units left over to mop it up come PP fortunately. Morgan only wasn't in range of one Berserker, who I was initially planning on feeding to Cynthia, but bookmark backup experimenting with the mercenary and boss behaviour made me decide to just kill the guy with Morgan since I lacked the spare turns required for the setup on the final pull of enemies.

Basically, I didn't want the boss to convert the rightmost Silver Sword Paladin (who he oddly skipped over) since it would greatly complicate matters, as well as making the boss harder to reach. My setup involved Lucina and Chrom killing the boss right after he reaches the leftmost Bow Knight, with Cynthia and Morgan killing said Bow Knight. Gregor and Cordelia get the Great Knight (Hammer/Beastkiller time!). Via some planned out positioning with rescue staves (awakening's explained here ) I'm able to rescue Lucina out of harms way with Sumia, who then blocks a tile to allow Libra to resue Cynthia to the right, who is danced by Olivia from below to kill another Bow Knight. Then Lissa rescues Gregor to her right (tile below is blocked by Olivia), Anna bails out Cynthia and hey presto, thats 4 enemies dead in a rescue bomb and some good positioning for a final pull.

Gregor deals with most of the pulled enemies on EP, and I mop up the remaning bystanders, again letting Cynthia get fed. Lissa takes the leftmost event tile for WEXP (prefferably on Lucina but considering the gap, not happening).

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                     SUPPORT

Chrom   Great Lord    20/06.82     48    26    04    28    28    23    21    09       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA B ROBIN/LUCINA C CYNTHIA/LISSA/FRED/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/02.98     48    27    08    34    34    27    21    16       B SWORD E LANCE            B CHROM C MORGAN/CYNTHIA/SUMIA
Robin   Grandmaster   20/15.46  (+)65    29    28 (-)21    27    25    26    20       B SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU B CHROM/LISSA/FRED C MORGAN/MIRIEL
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/05.76    64    32    17    31    33    26    31    22       C SWORD C LANCE            C LUCINA/ROBIN/LON'QU
Cynthia  Cavalier     10/08.96     43    24    05    27    29    26    19    11       C LANCE D SWORD            C CHROM/SUMIA/LUCINA
Sumia    F.Knight     20/06.77     43    22    14    34    34    24    16    23       A LANCE E STAFF            S CHROM C LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED
Cordelia F.Knight     20/06.82     47    25    08    31    31    20    22    17       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR C FRED
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/06.59     43    22    05    33    34    22    18    10       A SWORD                    S ROBIN C MORGAN/LISSA
Gregor     Hero       20/08.07     53    28    03    32    27    15    24    07       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/03.92    35    16    20    25    23    23    13    20       A STAFF E LANCE (D TOME)   B LIBRA/MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU
Libra    War Monk     ??/07.95     46    19    20    16    17    14    14    20       C STAFF C AXE              B LISSA C GAIUS
Anna     Trickster    ??/07.40     42    16    22    27    26    32    11    13       C SWORD C STAFF
Olivia    Dancer       10.04       25    09    05    15    15    11    05    04       D SWORD

Severa I am 90% sure right now is going to get sealed to Myrmidon and then promoted to Assassin (and hopefully Bow Knight following). I'll get her some fancy ass forged bow and have her sitting in Cynthia's saddlebags attempting to build bow rank so I have a bow user. Either that or I do the horribly inefficient thing and somehow force her through Dark Mage with a piddling Mag base and growth for Anathema/Hex and into Dark Knight, but that seems less appealing. I suppose there is also the option of not second sealing and just letting her promote to Bow Knight (it definitely looks cooler than Assassin, eugh), so I dunno, I'll think it over.

Edited by Irysa

But... Shockstick only has a 1-tile range, right...?

Yeah but I mean increase her staff range. Since Lancefaire + Shockstick gives +5 mag instead of strength.

Yeah but I mean increase her staff range. Since Lancefaire + Shockstick gives +5 mag instead of strength.

Oooohhh.

Oooohh-hohoho!

NOW that makes sense.

...oooohhh, that's clever.

Don't worry, Rescue through the entire map incoming... diagonally! Fortify sounds lol too, but only 5 uses unfortunately.

but shockstick is a troll anyways

'well, levin swd and bolt axe have 2 range!'

2 minutes later, obligatory shockstick forge done already and saved...

'fuck.'

and I can't remember FE12!C5 being that hard since Sirius makes it pretty easy. C2 never was hard for me either. Well, w/e.

edit: Shoot me, there are three fortify staves and a hammerne lol.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 1 month later...

FFXIV happened orz.

That new FE trailer inspired me to come back and focus, and really once I've done this paralogue the rest of the game can't be that much harder right?

Severa's Paralogue was probably the most annoying out of the child ones I've done so far. Not that it was particularly hard, but the way Severa behaves combined with the reinforcements that spawn when she talks to Holland (which conveniently aggro the whole map) make it more annoying to feed her kills. I ended up deciding to just get her to 20 as a Mercenary and promote straight to Bow Knight instead of Second Sealing to Myrmidon > Assassin since it looks so bad.

Severa's stats at the start of the map.

Severa   Mercenary     10.00       40    20    02    24    21    13    17    06       C SWORD

[spoiler=Paralogue 10]

The most basic outline of this map is that Morgan/Lucina, Robin/Cordelia and Anna go to the right and everyone else goes left. Via putting Olivia on the rightmost tile, having Morgan run 6 spaces ahead of her (after Lucina pairs into him), getting danced, running full mov and switch separating, I can get Morgan into range of the first enemy cluster on the right side in just 2 turns, which Lucina handily obliterates with P.Falchion. After that Morgan deals with the abundance of 1-2 range enemies and reinforcements coming from the top right via sitting with a Javelin through the wall, taking care not to activate the initial stationary central and rightmost groups.Berserkers are difficult to ORKO at 2 range with Javelins due to their hefty HP, but Lucina's DS Chance is high enough to make it fairly consistent. Robin is mostly there just to use Rally Spectrum, Cordelia is there to move her up faster and rally speed, and Anna is there to periodically rescue Severa so she doesn't end up getting slaughtered. Although I actually only had to use the Rescue Staff on Severa once to save her since I was capable of clearing out the trash fast enough.

On the left hand side, most of the killing is done by Cynthia/Chrom (and some Sumia) with a bit of support from Lon'qu/Gregor. The initial setup on the left is something I rigged a bit to manipulate the minimum amount of EXP wasting. Cynthia chips the two first Berserkers on the Pillar on EP (she has to not proc Aether), then next turn kills one, and is danced by Olivia (I left Lon'qu in range below on turn 1 so she could pair up into him to get back to the left side immediately), Chrom KO's the next one and relies on Cynthia activating a DS to do so. The tiny extra bit of DS chip exp puts her to level 10. Sumia then transfers her out, swaps to Cynthia with Javelin who then promotes and baits an Assassin through the wall which triggers most of the enemies in the left passages. Following this it's primarily a matter of promoted Cynthia and her parents carefully pulling all the enemies from the left out (including reinforcements) and killing them, with Lon'qu and Gregor helping out intermittently. Lissa and Libra help out a little too, Lissa actually successfully makes it to D Lances whoo. There are some cute small manuevres in there but nothing to really write home about.

Once the reinforcements are all down, Cynthia/Chrom and Morgan/Robin activate the central group, both standing on opposite sides of the map so they fight two enemies each. Then once those enemies are mopped up, Lucina/Cynthia wipe the rightmost passage out for Severa to reach Holland safely. Initially I got screwed here beacuse I didn't expect MORE reinforcements, so Severa died horribly to an Assassin from the stairs, and I was pretty mad about that. At the least though I had bookmark backuped the initial rig I did on the first 2 turns so I didn't have to set that up again. On the successful attempt, Severa instead pairs into Cynthia immediately who will engage with the reinforcements from the right on EP (she can clean up the Asssassin for a kill on PP, revenge kill from the past haha), wheras Morgan/Robin will deal with front 2 reinforcements from the center EP, then kill the next 2 on PP with Olivia's help. Via some luring to get the left reinforcements to split up between passages, I manage to feed both of those to Severa, along with the 2 stationary Berserkers near the boss and the boss himself, leaving her at a tidy level 15. Not bad considering you can't use her safely until the map is cleared out! Anna obviously got all the loot too.

I utilised a Seed of Trust and Event Tile + Support to make sure Severa and Cynthia could get to C Support level in one map, Bookmark Backuping coming in handy to make sure what requirements were neccessary once the map was 99% cleared.

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                     SUPPORT

Chrom   Great Lord    20/07.74     49    27    04    28    28    24    22    10       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA B ROBIN/LUCINA C CYNTHIA/LISSA/FRED/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/08.40     53    31    09    38    38    32    24    19       B SWORD D LANCE            B MORGAN/CHROM C CYNTHIA/SUMIA
Robin   Grandmaster   20/16.00  (+)66    30    29 (-)22    28    25    27    20       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU B MORGAN/CHROM/LISSA/FRED C MIRIEL
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/10.81    69    35    17    35    36    29    34    23       C SWORD B LANCE            B LUCINA/ROBIN C LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/07.67     43    22    14    35    35    25    16    24       A LANCE E STAFF            S CHROM C LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/07.33    57    32    07    36    36    30    25    20       C SWORD B LANCE            C SEVERA/CHROM/SUMIA/LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/07.22     48    26    09    32    32    20    23    18       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR C SEVERA/FRED
Severa   Mercenary     15.58       45    25    03    29    26    17    22    08       C SWORD                    C CYNTHIA/CORDELIA/GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/07.69     44    23    05    34    35    23    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN C MORGAN/LISSA
Gregor     Hero       20/08.31     53    28    03    32    27    15    24    07       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA C SEVERA
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/05.07    37    17    21    27    25    24    14    21       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   A LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU
Libra    War Monk     ??/09.41     47    20    21    18    19    15    14    22       C STAFF C AXE              A LISSA C GAIUS
Anna     Trickster    ??/08.04     43    16    23    28    27    33    12    14       C SWORD C STAFF
Olivia    Dancer       13.54       27    09    05    18    18    13    06    05       D SWORD

Help, the kids are totally smashing the parents in everything statistically. Fortunately, some parents have utility in flying (Sumia/Cordelia), weapontype (Gregor, Robin), or are probably going to be neccessary for final bossings (Chrom). But I could realistically turn quite a few units into just pure pair up fodder like Lon'qu (what is he actually doing that Morgan doesn't lol), but I do still want to try to keep using lots of units...

I'm happy that Lissa and Libra hitting S Support seems to be something that is going to realistically happen though. Just one more level to go! I still don't know if I'd opt to actually use Owain though, his bases will be less than great...

Edited by Irysa

After a really long ass break those ships to Valm are finally ready and the story can progress!

Chapter 14 was a joke, unsurprisingly. In exchange for it being kinda dull/easy I was like HEY LETS TRY RECORDING A VIDEO/LTCING IT WITHOUT RESCUE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCemvveEHTk

Luckily for you all, this was such a huge pain in the ass and it sucks (oh my god it sucks it sucks don't watch it) that I'm totally never doing an offscreen recording like that instead and can just do a writeup instead haha.

Also disclaimer, I didn't even use that particular run as final, I tweaked a few other things and then said "screw it" and killed all the Peg reinforcements with Severa to get her to 20 by the chapter end.

[spoiler=Chapter 14]

RALLY SPECTRUM EVERYONE BECAUSE RALLY SPECTRUM IS THE BEST THING EVER. Actually I had to intentionally NOT rally spectrum Libra or he ORKO'd a bunch of Pegs I wanted to feed to Severa, and I had to avoid it on Severa too or she tinked Pegs on this map so they wouldn't attack her. So yeah, it's too good.

To begin with, both Lon'qu and Gregor were not deployed and surprisingly, Frederick was! This is because Fred has a C support with Chrom and gives a significant defence boost, as well as the fact he has Hammer access. All three things are important to what I did at the bottom of the map. The C support helps keep Chrom alive through it all and provides a good chance of a DS, especially with Chrom's DS+, and I need at least either an Aether Proc or a Hammer hit from Fred to ORKO the enemy General at the bottom on Turn 1 EP. The extra defence helps Chrom stay alive, and it also helps to divert enemy Pegasus Knights off him and towards Cordelia instead. Chrom uses a Rapier to deal good damage to the Knights and Cavaliers down here.

Speaking of Cordelia, both she and Sumia were dealing with the initial Pegs on the map by themselves. With logs. Those guys are weak as all heck. Robin and Anna take the right ship, since Robin needs a speed pairup to not get doubled by Peg Knights (which would probably divert them off of Severa) --WTF was I on when I wrote this, no she did not need a speed pairup--, and Anna needs to come here to unlock chests anyway. Lucina and Morgan take the left ship all by themselves. Lucina fronts to build Lance Rank some more with a Javelin, and Morgan stays in the back with an Armorslayer. I need at least one DS proc per promoted enemy they fight, since Morgan's Armorslayer makes up for the dmg deficit from using Javelins against such physically bulky foes. Fortunatly, being at B support and DS+ make that pretty likely.

Libra and Lissa go sit left of the top mast to hit some Peg Knights and build support points, whilst Severa stands on the other side with Cynthia to pull Pegs from the right ship. After Turn 1 EP, Severa can go back and kill 2 Pegs that Libra fought, whilst he finishes off a third. Robin can switch to Anna and grab a chest. Also, the Chest Key dropped by an enemy Knight during EP could have been convoy transfered to Chrom so he could get the Second Seal, but I had a spare Chest Key from prior chapters anyway so I didn't get to use this technique (boo). On the video, Morgan and Lucina kill the boss but in my actual run I just triggered the event tiles for WEXP and ran everyone back to the top right ship aside from Morgan Lucina, Severa Cordelia and Cynthia Frederick. Out of those three, only Severa can actually take any damage from the reinforcement Pegs, so I use Morgan and Cynthia unequipped to lure and tink them away from my squishies whilst Severa kills them all. Then the boss goes down to Cynthia, who didn't really get to do all that much fighting on this map.

Severa promoted to Bow Knight with the Master Seal the boss dropped. Bow user, get! Although I predict her only meaningful way to build bow rank is gonna be from the back and judging by their support conversation of rank C, Cynthia and Severa don't exactly get along all that well, so the support may be slow to build...

Chrom   Great Lord    20/08.87     50    28    04    29    29    25    23    10       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA B ROBIN/LUCINA/CYNTHIA C LISSA/FRED/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/10.00     55    33    09    39    39    33    24    21       B SWORD D LANCE            B MORGAN/CHROM C CYNTHIA/SUMIA
Robin   Grandmaster   20/17.27  (+)68    30    30 (-)22    29    26    27    20       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU B MORGAN/CHROM/LISSA/FRED C ANNA/MIRIEL
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/11.28    70    36    17    35    37    30    34    23       B SWORD B LANCE            B LUCINA/ROBIN C LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/08.26     44    22    15    36    35    25    16    24       A LANCE E STAFF            S CHROM C LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/07.88    57    32    07    36    36    30    25    20       C SWORD B LANCE            B CHROM C SEVERA/SUMIA/LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/07.91     48    26    09    32    32    20    23    18       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR C SEVERA/FRED
Severa   B.Knight     20/01.00     55    33    04    35    32    19    27    12       C SWORD E BOW              C CYNTHIA/CORDELIA/GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/07.69     44    23    05    34    35    23    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN C MORGAN/LISSA
Gregor     Hero       20/08.31     53    28    03    32    27    15    24    07       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA C SEVERA
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/05.11    37    17    21    27    25    24    14    21       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   A LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU
Libra    War Monk     ??/09.69     47    20    21    18    19    15    14    22       C STAFF B AXE              A LISSA C GAIUS
Anna     Trickster    ??/08.15     43    16    23    28    27    33    12    14       C SWORD C STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       14.94       28    10    05    19    19    14    06    05       D SWORD
Edited by Irysa

Looks like I was proven wrong, there turned out to be a lot of good spots to train up Severa's bow rank in Chapter 15. She's just one attack off D bows now in fact. Things I also found out today; There's something of a cap on support points gained per enemy, and a unit can only gain support with one particular unit as the support unit per enemy. That is to say, Severa/Cynthia fighting one enemy, getting danced, Gregor being transfered in does not result in support points for Severa/Gregor actually going up.

I'm also 70% sure there is some kind of whacky jealousy system equivilant going on here but I'll outline that afterwards.

[spoiler=Chapter 15]

Once again we have an opening where people pair up, Robin Rally Spectrums and gets danced into position, and once again Lon'qu is not deployed ;_;

Cordelia KO's the upper of the cavaliers to the immediate northeast of the starting position by herself, then Severa/Cynthia are placed next to her, trade her to a Javelin and oneshot a mage. The tile Severa is on allows her to engage at 2 range with 2 knights and 2 mages. Morgan/Lucina dispatch the General to the northwest. Lissa/Libra rescue Say'ri, who is talked to by Chrom who then pairs up into Robin. Robin is danced, and then positions to one tile north of the initial dividing wall to block the northern clump of enemies from attacking Severa. She's also here because as my only Tome User, she's the only unit who can do any significant damage to the Tomahawk Generals at 2 range on EP. Chrom is paired into her instead of Lon'qu because I have a lot more Rapier use than Armorslayer left and Lon'qu would probably DS most of the time and waste it on the non General enemies. Chrom's DS+ comes in handy again for helping to get reliable DS procs even when he's only at B support. Basically, Robin needs at least one Ignis proc or one DS to get the KO on these generals. I gave her a Mag tonic to also make sure she oneshot Knights if Ignis procced and make it so Chrom's DS will KO after an Ignis as well.

Meanwhile, Frederick/Gregor passes Gregor into Sayri then Fred pairs into Sumia. Gregor and Fred were paired up for the rally spectrum from Robin. Fred's is superfluous because basically I want him to proc at least one DS on this turn or EP with Sumia so they hit 7 Battle Points which would bring them to B support, and with Rally Spectrum his Steel Axe DS turns into a KO after Sumia's steel lance on Cavaliers. Gregor needed the Rally to ORKO the other northern Cav by himself with a Bronze Axe. Sayri actually gives him the additional point of str needed to secure that ORKO too. As mentioned prior, Sumia flies left to KO a Spear Cavalier with Fred, and she will fight the Sword Cav on EP. Gregor kills the other Cav to the north. EP is Severa slaughtering and building support points with both Cynthia and Cordelia, Robin Elfiring everything to the top to death, and a lone Spear cav attacks Cordelia, who then gets an assist because she's not paired into anyone from Severa who helps finish him off. If Severa's DS doesn't proc it's no big deal since I can mop up the Cav on turn 2. Robin does need to ORKO all the Generals though.

Turn 2, Sumia flies next to Gregor and Cordelia, swaps to Fred who trades a Steel Axe back to Gregor, then transfers Sumia into Cordelia. Cynthia transfers Severa for Cordelia and teams with Sumia, and finishes off the SpearCav if he didn't die on EP. Then Gregor fullmoves north on the tip of enemy range, separates Say'ri to the right (just in range of the top left most house), and then Robin transfers Chrom into Fred and rallies. Severa/Cordelia attempt to KO one of the Knights that was going to beat up on Say'ri. If they fail to proc a DS for the KO then Cynthia is danced to clean it up, otherwise Cynthia KO's the other Knight. If Cynthia had to help finish then Lucina can KO the Knight through the wall from below with a Javelin. Otherwise, Lucina heads for the sand and does the whole continous separate pair up thing to get more tiles. Lissa/Libra take the first event tile (exp). Nothing happens EP.

Turn 3, Say'ri visits the first house for the Bullion. Cordelia transfers Severa into Gregor, Cynthia/Sumia moves back to the main fork near the start. Robin rallies, Cynthia gets danced. Bow Knight Mov Pairup boost lets Gregor move in range of nothwestern clump of enemies to swap to Severa and let her KO a Cavalier, and then a Mage at the tip of his range on EP, and potentially engage with a Spear Cav and Dark Knight from the central western group through the wall. Cynthia originally used a Javelin here but I ended up just using a Steel Lance for support grinding reasons. Lucina/Morgan still moving through the sand, Lucina gets dropped in range of the beach General. Lissa flies along the sea so that Libra can fight the Mages next EP.

Turn 4, Sayri gets the next house for Physic, Severa finishes off a Cav, Robin rallies, Cynthia KO's the top Dark Knight with a Silver Lance, Olivia pairs into Cordelia and dances Severa and she either finishes off the bottom Dark Knight that she fought on EP if Gregor didn't DS, or KO's the Cavalier left over. If she needs to finish off the Dark Knight, then Chrom/Frederick kill the Cav, otherwise Fred at front just weakens it for support. Lissa positions Libra at the back of the enemy lines on the beach so he's in range of 2 mages w/handaxe but not in range of anything else. I gave him a str tonic to secure ORKOs on those mages. Lucina and Morgan start mopping up some enemies with Javelin tossing on the beach. I originally had Severa end this turn paired into Gregor on the second event tile, in range to counter the Tomahawk General with her Bow but after I found out via experimenting with the support stuff and since I really wanted Cynthia/Severa B ASAP over Gregor I didn't do it this turn.

Turn 5, Say'ri gets Arms Scroll, blah blah, Robin rallies, Chrom/Frederick chip the General, Severa/Cynthia finish him off, dances and stuff. Libra chips the Dark Knight with his steel axe, taking pitiful damage back beacuse of his high res and Lissa Falco Support, hits level 10 whoo.

Turn 6 Say'ri gets the last house for the Second Seal, Morgan finishes off the Dark Knight, I do some chipping on the boss for support building before Severa finishes him off to hit level 5.

Chrom   Great Lord    20/09.39     51    29    04    29    29    26    24    10       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA B ROBIN/LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED C LISSA/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/10.65     55    33    09    39    39    33    24    21       B SWORD D LANCE            A MORGAN B CHROM C CYNTHIA/SUMIA
Robin   Grandmaster   20/18.81  (+)69    30    30 (-)23    30    27    28    20       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU B MORGAN/CHROM/LISSA/FRED C ANNA/CORDELIA/MIRIEL
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/11.89    70    36    17    35    37    30    34    23       B SWORD B LANCE            A LUCINA B ROBIN C LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/08.80     44    22    15    36    35    25    16    24       A LANCE E STAFF            S CHROM B CYNTHIA/FRED C LUCINA
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/08.51    58    32    07    37    36    31    25    20       C SWORD B LANCE            B SEVERA/CHROM/SUMIA C LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/08.35     49    26    10    32    33    20    24    18       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR B SEVERA C ROBIN/FRED
Severa   B.Knight     20/05.03     59    37    04    38    35    21    30    13       C SWORD E BOW              B CYNTHIA/CORDELIA C GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/07.69     44    23    05    34    35    23    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN C MORGAN/LISSA/GREGOR
Gregor     Hero       20/08.72     53    28    03    32    27    15    24    07       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA C SEVERA/LON'QU
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/05.39    37    17    21    27    25    24    14    21       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   S LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU/GREGOR
Libra    War Monk     ??/10.06     48    21    22    19    20    15    15    22       C STAFF B AXE              S LISSA C GAIUS
Anna     Trickster    ??/08.15     43    16    23    28    27    33    12    14       C SWORD C STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       15.73       29    10    05    20    20    15    06    05       D SWORD

Fred has A rank in all weapons. YEAAAH

The "jealousy" thing I was outlining earlier is because I ran into a problem (that I've PM'd Tables about). Basically, by all standard measurements, the fact I engaged in 5 instances of combat with Severa and Cynthia on turn 1 should have maxed me out on Battle Points for the chapter, since its 3 per battle for 15 total. The theory goes you cap at 12, and that would give you 3 Support Points (enough for me to get to B support). Now however, I did have Cordelia next to Severa the whole time, and if I completed the chapter without doing some extra combat not next to Cordelia then their support did not rise. But if I did do some more combat with Cynthia and Severa not near Cordelia, they would reach B support. The only reason I can imagine for this is that somehow the game was spreading the Battle Points between the nearby units or something so I wasn't getting the maximum of 3 per instance of combat that I thought I would.

Also, Owain's paralogue is up. Here are his stats.

Owain    Myrmidon      10.00       33    14    14    21    21    16    11    12       C SWORD

The enemies here all look like jokes compared to what I've been fighting in Severa and Cynthia paralogues. I think my plan for Owain right now is to Seal him to Dark Mage, train him in his Paralogue to 10 (should be doable) so I have someone with Hex/Anathema bonuses (probably very handy for evasive bosses), then promote to Dark Knight so he can give Mag and Mov support bonuses along with a bit of sword access. He doesn't naturally have access to Rally Speed but being able to have someone who isn't Lissa use Rally Magic would be more useful right now (esp since I already gave Rally Speed to Cynthia AND Severa) unless I can be bothered to turn Libra into a Sage and get him through 5 Levels...idk, need to think about which to pass down.

Edited by Irysa

Owain's paralogue barely merits an update so I guess I'm kinda obliged to attempt to go actually finish Chapter 16 later today.

I opted not to train Owain at all because honestly his bases are pretty bad and anything I want him to do as a support unit could be accomplished by others. I mean he could technically be a husband to Cynthia or Severa but they'd rather have a statistically competant partner in a class that actually gives beneficial pair up bonuses for them. So yeah, pure bench...unless I need an extra unit to use Rally Magic or something somewhere.

I sealed Libra into Sage. I don't like how his beautiful hair clips his robe collar so much :(

[spoiler=Paralogue 5]

For all intents and purposes this is just a mild support grinding map but at least the opening turns are somewhat interesting since for once pair up isn't undisputibly the king.

Chrom kills a Barb near his starting position. Anna rescues Owain whilst standing above Libra so that he spawns to her left. Then Lissa recruits Owain and pairs into Libra. Owain rallies magic so Libra can ORKO another Barb with Thunder, then Robin transfers for Lissa for a speed boost and trades for Libra's thunders to save some money on ORKOing an Assassin, hitting level 19. Sumia ORKOs a Myrmidon, whilst Morgan/Lucina kill the Berserker at the top of the map. Severa/Cynthia ORKO an Assassin to the south, get danced by Olivia and ORKO a Berserker even more south. I position Severa so she all the 1 tiles near her get occupied by melee Wyverns and a Barb so the extra Assassin and Tomahawk Wyvern suicide onto her at 2 range. Gotta build that bow rank! Lon'qu kills a Myrm and Gregor kills a Dark mage. With that the entire primary clump of starting enemies are eliminated immediately.

After that I was lucky enough for the Wyverns and Berserker from the top left to head straight along the narrow choke through the top of the map, letting Lucina just sit there to kill them without them bothering anybody else. Libra took Lissa away from Robin, Chrom paired into Robin and killed that jerk nosferatu Dark Mage hitting that Sage (not that he really minds, he barely gets scratched...). Severa killed 2 more wyverns with Olivia dancing and Lon'qu Gregor kill a Barb. Anna paired into Owain so that he could move far enough to reach the bottom village for his Missletain prf (not that he's getting used) after being separated, and so she can give Olivia the distance she needs on turn 3 to dance Severa to reach the bottom left Barb before he kills the last villager. Stuff dies yadda yadda yadda, talk to villagers yadda yadda, event tiles for xp for Severa and + Support for Lon'qu Morgan.

Boss cluster is dealt with by having Sumia/Lucina ko the Ruin dark mage at 2 range (he does 0 damage....), Cynthia using Lucina to secure her ORKO on the Berserker nearby, Severa KOing the boss, Libra ORKOing a Barb again and Olivia letting Morgan kill two Assassins. The solitary Dark mage remaning can't even kill Olivia, what a wuss! Here the support points don't work out so I had to decide between Lon'qu/Morgan or Sumia/Lucina getting to B support so I let Sumia/Lucina get the final blow.

Went to Chapter 16 afterwards. Fucked around and 1 turned it just to see if it was possible for my team via having rallied Libra/Sumia rescuing Olivia who dances Lissa/Anna to rescue Cordelia/Severa and I can just barely reach the boss thanks to Bow Knights +1 mov bonus. Then I went back and did it for realz.

[spoiler=Chapter 16]

zzz, 4 turned, missed only the top right falcoknight got all the items

Chrom/Sumia KO that peg on the left, Cordelia/Gregor KO Barb, then are danced to KO leftmost thief. Cynthia 9moves with Severa pairup to directly below the left starting warrior, swaps to Severa and attacks the second thief behind with a bow. This means I don't have to deal with counter and that silly Warrior plugs the choke so I can mop up some enemies with their parents next turn, plus I get to 2 range engage a Bow Knight on EP.

Morgan/Lucina KO another Warrior at 2 range, Lissa flies Libra in behind to swap Morgan back to a sword and ORKOs the third thief. Anna ORKOs another Barb so Libra isn't at risk of dying by being attacked twice Robin/Lon'qu killa tomahawk Hero.

Rallies and stuff happen, Libra gives Robin his thunder tome and both Robin and Morgan stand next to each other further up the central path and just kill stuff. Anna grabs an event tile, then later transfers out Libra so Olivia can pair into Lissa to give Robin the extra tile range needed to keep up with Morgan's mounted fullmov. I wasted 1 bow knight kill into capped exp Robin but whatever, not a big deal. The boss was killed by Morgan/Lon'qu with Armorslayers. Astra armorslayer is pretty funny.

Chrom   Great Lord    20/10.16     51    30    04    30    30    27    25    10       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA A ROBIN B LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED C LISSA/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/11.82     56    33    10    40    40    33    24    21       B SWORD D LANCE            S MORGAN B CHROM/SUMIA C CYNTHIA
Robin   Grandmaster   20/20.00  (+)71    31    31 (-)24    30    28    28    22       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU A CHROM B MORGAN/LISSA/FRED C ANNA/CORDELIA/MIRIEL/OLIVIA
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/14.10    73    39    18    37    40    32    34    24       B SWORD A LANCE            S LUCINA B ROBIN/LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/09.30     45    22    15    36    36    25    17    24       A LANCE E STAFF            S CHROM B LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/09.11    59    32    07    37    36    31    26    20       C SWORD B LANCE            A SEVERA B CHROM/SUMIA C LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/08.83     49    26    10    32    33    20    24    18       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR B SEVERA C ROBIN/FRED
Severa   B.Knight     20/08.84     62    39    04    40    35    22    30    14       C SWORD D BOW              A CYNTHIA B CORDELIA/GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/08.63     45    24    06    35    35    23    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN B MORGAN C LISSA/GREGOR
Gregor     Hero       20/08.72     53    28    03    32    27    15    24    07       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA C SEVERA/LON'QU
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/05.46    37    17    21    27    25    24    14    21       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   S LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU/GREGOR/OWAIN
Libra      Sage     ??/10/01.56    44    17    24    20    21    15    13    21       B STAFF E TOME (B AXE)     S LISSA C OWAIN/GAIUS
Anna     Trickster    ??/08.62     43    16    23    28    27    33    12    14       C SWORD C STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       17.42       31    10    05    22    22    16    06    05       D SWORD                    C ROBIN/LON'QU

Now to sit contemplating if I really do want to just seal 20/20 Robin back to Grandmaster again for the rule of cool <_<

I think I need to really make Lon'qu into a Wyvern or something STAT if he wants to remain being a useful unit.

As for the plot, oh boy its mystery of the emblem searching all over again.

Edited by Irysa

Haha holy shit your units are insanely high above the curve what is this wizardry.

Like they can literally roflstomp every chapter until at least C22 or something. Prepare for lots of zzz. And by the time you actually get to C22 they'll have capped stats and steamroll everything. Wish I was as good with exp management.

I routed basically every single map, rescue staff abused my falcoknights like crazy and didn't all paralogues immediately, so kids were all trained in their own respective join chapters. Although I think honestly a lot of this comes down to CH11 and kid paralogues. Severa's paralogue gives a totally bonkers amount of EXP beacuse the Assassins and Tricksters have that thief bonus or w/e on them and there are tons of them on that map. The enemies on that map are actually nearly all really fragile so its not difficult to get kills, even if they hit kinda crazy hard.

My initial strategy for Ch11 would have totally missed like a bajillion exp and been struggling with unpromoted units if I hadn't been advised to make sure people were promoted for CH12, so I did some really nutty shit to drain that map dry.

I think statistically I am like +4 on averages for most stats that are 50% growth or better though, so idk what the deal with that is.

Edited by Irysa

Most RNG blessed run ever?

My mistake was pulling some psuedo ltc bullshit and dodging a lot of the reinforcements in the early game, which caused a lot of my units to lack. I really should have milked C9, 10, 11, 13, and P12 dry.

Since my plan was to give Sumia geylfurse for Lucina to inherit (worth it!), Sumia did a lot of exp hogging from C8 onwards. It also meant no rescue spam. I made Cordelia a dark flier to aim for galeforce as well but in hindsight rescue spam (or staff spam in general) would have been way better. My avatar didn't solo C1 and C2 nor did I properly rig stats in prologue with Water trick so he ended up above average instead of game breaking. I also had to wait an eternity for rally spectrum which made Cynthia's paralogue way harder.

This run is entertaining pls don't vanish. Get ready to steamroll through all of Valm, though.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I wouldn't really call that a mistake. I think honestly I overprepared by comparison. Although I actually did quite enjoy figuring out how to effectively raise that many units from C8 to 12 and the paralogues inbetween, and CH11 was like completely nuts since I had like 10 dry runs before I got something really consistent and managed to get both Sumia and Gregor as many levels as they did there. But if the end result is stomping the game that's kinda sad. Oh well.

Sorry for not actually updating but I crunched averages and promotion gains and all for most of my characters. Example.

Robin's growths for +HP -SKILL(never moved out of Tactician/Grandmaster)

95    50    50    40    50    55    40    35

I know for a fact that the HP growth has to be wrong because I have never EVER missed a hp levelup with +hp asset, and have sometimes gotten a +2 so it's over 100%. I'll assume it's 110, and I'm also going to assume HP affects the def and res growths slightly since this is what I've heard and observed so I'll tack on a .05 boost for them.

Total of 38 gained levels.

41.8    19    19    15.2    19    20.9    17.1    15.2

Base stats for +HP -SKILL

24    6    5    4    6    4    6    4

Promotion bonus

4     3     3     2     2     2     2

Add them all up and compare to current stats (results are rounded

Expected     70    28    27    21    27    25   25    21
Actual       71    31    31    24    30    28   28    22

I think that's actually remarkably well within parameters considering the volatility of 50% growths haha. The averages would basically say I was actually level 20/20/6 right now but eh, I think the statistical difference if I was on averages wouldn't have mattered mostly anyway since you can offset the difference with stronger weapons, tonics and rallies, which I have a lot of and I don't use that much aside from rally spectrum lol.

[spoiler=rest of the characters]

Chrom
49    28    04    27    27    25    23    11
51    30    04    30    30    27    25    10

Sumia
42    20    11    33    33    24    15    21   
45    22    15    36    36    25    17    24

Lucina
54    30    09    38    38    32    24    16
56    33    10    40    40    33    24    21

Cynthia
59    30    09    34    37    31    26    18
59    32    07    37    36    31    26    20

Lon'qu
42    22    07    31    33    20    16    11
45    24    06    35    35    23    18    11

Morgan
72    36    22    35    38    31    30    24
73    39    18    37    40    32    34    24

Cordelia
47    23    09    28    27    18    19    18
49    26    10    32    33    20    24    18

Gregor
53    26    03    28    24    16    23    08
53    28    03    32    27    15    24    07

Severa
62    34    04    37    33    20    27    12
62    39    04    40    35    22    30    14

Nobody cares about staffbot stats so I didn't bother. I think aside from Cordelia (+6 on speed!) it's mostly accountable for. I lol'd at Cynthia actually being behind on speed though.

Edited by Irysa

While 50% growths are the most volatile, in the sense, it's doublesided. That your Avatar and most of your characters are above average in multiple stats is exceedingly rare, probably 0.1% or far below. This probably suggests the growth estimates on the site are too low (or like said, most RNG-blessed run ever).

You're right in that the stats don't matter too much though. Maybe later in C23/24.

Eh, that's fair I guess. I've always thought the site stats seemed a bit conservative for how frequently good level ups occur in Awakening (kids especially, what the hell is with all the near perfect levels I get with them?), but at the same time I think the fact that I wasn't above resetting for a decent turn 1 or 2 level up for the first half of the game (I basically quit doing it after C11) skews it, and I should have mentioned/factored that in. Although kids aren't subject to this so I dunno. I mean I don't really have to justify it, but it's one of those things where you're experimenting with layouts and stuff on your opening move and good growths happens then you have to reset to fix something and somebody gets a bad level and you're like nngh. I don't have the capacity to just not reset if it's that early, but I don't do such things more than 2 turns in. Hypothetically I'd like to be able to just not reset and plan everything out and simply execute a strategy in one go (which should get the most "accurate" stats), but that's quite prohibitively difficult on a lunatic fpt.

Edited by Irysa

The most important bench marks are pretty much 30-32 speed by Valm to double Heroes, Paladins, and Gryphons. A few units that can reach 43 speed to double Walhart is also cool. Your units are so far ahead of that mark that you'll be just fine.

Lol so I killed the boss of Ch17 thinking "oh, Say'ri said reinforcements, I better kill the boss so I have enough time for Anna to grab all the treasure leisurely before I seize"

Then I killed the boss and remembered this game doesn't have seize as an objective, so I would have missed the loot (that apparently includes boots)

derp.

Anyway I redid it afterwards and let some of the reinforcements come out to get the excellius dialogue since...the post chapter dialogue doesn't change if you end the map before you even know the former resistance has betrayed you (what the hell, it's super leniant to clear this fast too). I'm sad to report that operation get-lon'qu-to-level-10 failed.

[spoiler=Chapter 17]

I made Robin a Grandmaster again because plotfits, the same reason I'm always going to keep Chrom and Lucina as Lords in this playthrough. It's honestly a pretty good class too considering the bases and pair up bonuses. Liberal use of str tonics on this map to make sure I didn't have to use Silver Swords.

Opening strats...Chrom pairs into Sumia and ORKO's a central Valkyrie, standing on a tile that will lure a longbow sniper. Severa/Gregor ORKO the Hero with her Underdog Bow (as strong as steel at D and it gets better if they're higher level than you) I got from the Barracks ages ago (obviously since I'm swimming in gold if I wanted to I could have just forged her Iron Bow a bit more but whatever). Anna pairs into Lissa on the right and fullmove drops her so she can unlock the central door on turn 2. Libra just follows them, Lucina pairs into Cynthia and they ORKO a Hero with Javelin on the right. This has to be done at 1 range so I can reach a tile I need to on turn 2. I really can't stress how amazing DS+ is as skill since despite the fact these two are still only at C support the chance of a ORKO not occuring via either DS, Aether or Crit is actually really low. Admittedly their skill stats are also quite high but still.

On the left it's a little more complicated. Robin pairs into Morgan who ORKOs a Hero, then gets danced to ORKO another one. Cordelia moves north of Morgan, transfers out Robin, then switches so Robin can ORKO a War Monk. Then Lon'qu moves up and unpaired up kills the Valkyrie. He has to proc a DS or dodge her counter at 50% (or dodge the Sniper at 70%~) to survive this turn. I could have transferred Cordelia for him but it messes with the stuff I want to do on turn 2 so whatever. EP involves the entire clump of enemies at the bottom right suiciding into Cynthia, whilst a Longbow sniper attacks Chrom and Lon'qu gets attacked by another sniper. The War Monk from the central passageway can screw things up if he doesn't move right

Turn 2, Chrom KOs that War Monk and is positioned to lure another Longbow Sniper. Because of the tile Chrom was on, Severa can now ORKO the Sniper from through the door, then Anna can unlock it and swap her back to her Iron Bow, leaving Severa at the tip of range of a Valkyrie from the middle of the map for an easy kill on EP. On the right, Cynthia fullmoves northwest so that she's in range of a Hero and a Valkyrie, and heals if neccessary. On the left again, slightly complicated. Robin rallies on a tile 2 south of the wall so that the Longbow sniper will move into range. Morgan transferdrops Cordelia out, then Lon'qu pairs into Morgan, Morgan is danced and then Lon'qu ORKOs a sniper. EP, Valk dies to Severa, Hero and a Valk die to Cynthia, Longbow Sniper attacks Chrom and there is a notable choke set up on the small passageway from the center.

X
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 O    X X  X
O  \O \\\\\\\\\\\
 O

Enjoy this terrible diagram to indicate the layout. :V

First though, Robin ORKOs the Longbow sniper through the wall with Arcthunder. Then she gets danced, Lon'qu ORKO's the first Sniper, Cordelia moves in front to transfer out Morgan, who kills the war monk. Then Robin moves, transfers Cordelia and ORKO's the Sniper at 2 range. Honestly, whilst the statistical bonuses are obviously braindead good, the small strategic applications you can do with pair up are actually quite cool and unique compared to rescuing, it's a mechanic with loads of potential.

After this basically every problem is mostly sorted and it's simply a case of having units clear a path for Anna, blocking stairs and then killing the boss. Unforuntately she wasted a fortify use but I doubt I will actually need it.

Chrom   Great Lord    20/10.99     51    30    04    30    30    27    25    10       A SWORD C LANCE            S SUMIA A ROBIN B LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED C LISSA/SULLY
Lucina  Great Lord    20/12.97     57    33    10    40    40    34    25    21       A SWORD C LANCE            S MORGAN B CHROM/SUMIA/CYNTHIA
Robin   Grandmaster 20/20/01.78 (+)71    31    31 (-)24    30    28    28    22       A SWORD A TOME             S LON'QU A CHROM B MORGAN/LISSA/FRED C ANNA/CORDELIA/MIRIEL/OLIVIA
Morgan   Paladin    10/14/15.21    74    39    19    37    41    33    34    24       A SWORD A LANCE            S LUCINA B ROBIN/LON'QU
Sumia    F.Knight     20/09.52     45    22    15    36    36    25    17    24       A LANCE E STAFF            S CHROM B LUCINA/CYNTHIA/FRED
Cynthia  Paladin    10/10/11.01    61    33    07    39    38    33    26    20       B SWORD A LANCE            A SEVERA B CHROM/SUMIA/LUCINA
Cordelia F.Knight     20/09.10     50    27    10    33    33    21    25    18       A LANCE E STAFF            S GREGOR B SEVERA C ROBIN/FRED
Severa   B.Knight     20/11.33     65    41    04    41    37    22    32    15       B SWORD C BOW              A CYNTHIA B CORDELIA/GREGOR
Lon'qu  Swordmaster   20/09.97     46    24    06    36    36    23    18    11       A SWORD                    S ROBIN B MORGAN C LISSA/GREGOR
Gregor     Hero       20/09.56     54    29    03    32    28    15    25    08       A SWORD C AXE              S CORDELIA B SEVERA C LON'QU
Lissa    F.Knight   10/10/05.47    37    17    21    27    25    24    14    21       A STAFF D LANCE (D TOME)   S LIBRA B MARI/ROBIN C CHROM/FRED/LON'QU/GREGOR/OWAIN
Libra      Sage     ??/10/01.65    44    17    24    20    21    15    13    21       B STAFF E TOME (B AXE)     S LISSA C OWAIN/GAIUS
Anna     Trickster    ??/08.82     43    16    23    28    27    33    12    14       C SWORD C STAFF            C ROBIN
Olivia    Dancer       19.15       31    10    05    22    22    16    06    05       D SWORD                    C ROBIN/LON'QU

Thinking of giving Morgan boots.

Also sorry, maybe I'm a wet blanket but I actually thought that scene with Basilio and Flavia afterwards was great. Also because I forgot to comment earlier, aside from the somewhat awkward transition (as usual with these things at S support), I thought Morgan and Lucina's supports were quite nice and they compliment each other in an endearing way.

Edited by Irysa

This is intended to be the second difficulty spike in the game. How did it feel? If there's something I wish Valm had more of, it's definitively the C17 Valkyries. Those are pretty much the most threatening enemy type for the duration of Valm lol. Reaching 35 speed to double them isn't easy unless you've got Irysa's blessed unis

Also, boots for Olivia!

I actually found the longbow snipers to be far more aggravating than the Valkyries. Also, is 35 speed really that hard to get? Even if my units were below average, speed tonics, naga's tear, speedwings and all the rally speed and rally spectrum I've got along with so many pairups that give speed seem like it would be easy to achieve. I could easily be behind on average speed by like 5 with my units and still have been able to achieve the doubling benchmark. Part of this is because practically my entire goddamn army is in classes that give good speed pair up bonuses though.

Edited by Irysa

The longbow snipers hit like wet noodles though, it's really the map that helped them be threatening due to walls everywhere and being very hard to kill on EP. If they were in another map they wouldn't be scary.

I didn't have rally speed or spectrum at this point, so hitting 35 speed naturally was a bit tough for me. I also keep forgetting that I didn't maximize exp gain so my level spread is nowhere near as good as yours. Maybe it's not as hard as I thought. Rally Speed and spectrum are truly amazing things.

And yeah you've got Bow Knights, Pallies, and Pegs everywhere. I had a Wyvern Rider and 2 manaketes, lol. No speed for me.